Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    who digs up these ancient, irrelevant threads?
    The cool guy walking from grand central to work who is buried in his phone I order to hide from the ladies.

Comment

**The USWNT is the least liked team in sports by a certain segment of society.

Fixed it for ya.
      Yeah, the segment that pays for merchandise and buys tickets to attend matches in person!!

Comment

Yeah, the segment that pays for merchandise and buys tickets to attend matches in person!!
        Support the cause son.

Comment

Support the cause son.
          This is the problem with womens professional sports and especially the USWNT. Its a cause just like a charity case. That is not what sports are about. You go because you love or hate teams/players .... you go because there is a passion for that parcticular type of entertainment. At the professional level you go to see that top players in the world perform miracle feats that the average people can only dream about. Despite all of that, at every level, men included, I lose interest when it becomes about everything else. I dont care about anyones rights when i am at a ball park, stadium, or rink. I just dont and it ruins it for me to grandstand over things that I couldnt care less about. If you want to be gay, be gay, but dont make me have to wave a rainbow flag too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iV8X8ubGCc

Comment

the USWNT unfortunately does not see what the bigger picture is, and they publicly align with one party and one POV and specifically alienate people with more traditional values. The result is that they reduce an already small % of the total population that might care about them or attend. And as someone else pointed out the people they seem to alienate the most are the ones who would actually spend money at sports events. It is beyond crazy that no one has pointed out the simple math to the team management, NWSL, players, etc. You are out there aligning with causes and people who do not spend money at sports events.

Comment

the USWNT unfortunately does not see what the bigger picture is, and they publicly align with one party and one POV and specifically alienate people with more traditional values. The result is that they reduce an already small % of the total population that might care about them or attend. And as someone else pointed out the people they seem to alienate the most are the ones who would actually spend money at sports events. It is beyond crazy that no one has pointed out the simple math to the team management, NWSL, players, etc. You are out there aligning with causes and people who do not spend money at sports events.
              You fail to realize that many players are gay and vocal against what they see as injustices. Should the team stop taking gay players? BTW most Americans do support the team and gay rights. It's the haters like you that make an issue out of rainbows.

Comment

It is all about balance. Right now they are focusing their efforts to speak against injustices. That is the choice being made instead of focusing to provide entertainment to the widest possible audience. Not my problem, I just didn't realize NWSL players were all so flush with cash that they don't need to maximize revenue. Good for them!

Comment

It is all about balance. Right now they are focusing their efforts to speak against injustices. That is the choice being made instead of focusing to provide entertainment to the widest possible audience. Not my problem, I just didn't realize NWSL players were all so flush with cash that they don't need to maximize revenue. Good for them!
                  If your premise was correct then attendance would have dropped after the team started taking up more social justice causes like BML (2020) In fact attendance has risen somewhat (Covid times excepted). Games average 5,000 in 2015 to 7800 in 2022

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...gue_attendance

Comment

Attendance at NWLS games is poor because no one cares about women's soccer. Same with WNBA games. It's about entertainment and many don't find women's sports entertaining.

Comment

Attendance also sucks at MLS game.

Comment

If your premise was correct then attendance would have dropped after the team started taking up more social justice causes like BML (2020) In fact attendance has risen somewhat (Covid times excepted). Games average 5,000 in 2015 to 7800 in 2022

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...gue_attendance
                        as for "You fail to realize that many players are gay and vocal against what they see as injustices. Should the team stop taking gay players? BTW most Americans do support the team and gay rights. It's the haters like you that make an issue out of rainbows.", you missed the point. I dont think most americans care one way or the other as it does not affect them. We dont support it or rail against it and are happy to let people live as they choose when it does not affect us. We are entirely apathetic toward it. However, I think most of us hate being told what we must support or not support. I posted the Seinfeld link for Kramer before. We are happy to show up and pay to watch what we put money out for .... we do not want sideshows and we definitely do not want to be forced to support things we are apathetic to. If the entire team wants to support gay rights, become lobbyists. If they want to play soccer, do that. If they want to bring their cause to soccer, have at it, I just wont attend anymore.

Comment

Your bias is showing and it's not a good look

Comment

Attendance also sucks at MLS game.
                            Compared to the big sports yes, but it's 3x the average NWSL game. The WNBA isn't much better and basketball is much more popular than soccer. Some people, many, don't care about women's sports. They get excited about the Olympics and World Cup but not enough to be regular season fans.

Comment

Your bias is showing and it's not a good look
                              Great, still dont care! Typical Lib ... the rest of us can have any opinion we want as long as it jibes with your agenda and you ok it ... otherwise, cast aspersions and slander people with negative terms like homophobe, racist ..... Get used to it, we are sick of your warped views of everything and everyone else.

Comment

This is the problem with womens professional sports and especially the USWNT. Its a cause just like a charity case. That is not what sports are about. You go because you love or hate teams/players .... you go because there is a passion for that parcticular type of entertainment. At the professional level you go to see that top players in the world perform miracle feats that the average people can only dream about. Despite all of that, at every level, men included, I lose interest when it becomes about everything else. I dont care about anyones rights when i am at a ball park, stadium, or rink. I just dont and it ruins it for me to grandstand over things that I couldnt care less about. If you want to be gay, be gay, but dont make me have to wave a rainbow flag too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iV8X8ubGCc
                                You are average so why should I care about your opinion. Your argument is average because you insist the best women’s team in the world is not worth watching. Even my 9 year old son eagerly waits for their next game. Think you are too caught up in the right wing narrative you are being fed by Tucker and company.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X