Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not for the ones with ivy league acceptances. Any above average state university system will give yor kid plenty of money to attend their honor college program.

My wife is a guidance counselor. She agrees Eastern guy is a complete tool. OK, I added tool, she just said he was not educated properly on all options and would have benefited to speaking with someone like her at his students school.
    So would lots of privates looking for smart kids to boost their admissions numbers.

MA kid I know got an UCONN offer for their Honors program at MA in state prices. Yes he wisely took the UCONN offer because the honors program in his major is top notch, better reputation than UMA. The MA price was affordable to the family but UCONN's out of state tuition was not (which, btw is outrageously high in my opinion for what it is), but UCONN matched it because they wanted him.

Comment

Not for the ones with ivy league acceptances. Any above average state university system will give yor kid plenty of money to attend their honor college program.

My wife is a guidance counselor. She agrees Eastern guy is a complete tool. OK, I added tool, she just said he was not educated properly on all options and would have benefited to speaking with someone like her at his students school.
      You're wife is probably a snob too and I am sure your kids are quite entitled. $48k (or less) is hard to sneeze at and college is merely a stepping stone. Sorry, I also do not subscribe to the theory that you cant get to medical school doing great at ECSU. If you do well on the MCAT, you get in. If you play at a CFC branch and dominate at a D1 coach's clinic, you get an offer. Funny thing is, my kid didnt even get accepted into the honors program at UCONN ... but got accepted into far better schools (albeit with little to no money). It is what it is. Sorry, you dont value money .... you know there is a saying about fools and their money, right?

Comment

DIII committed players happen when the parents put down the deposit. It is D-III, there are no sport commitments at the D-III level.

Comment

You're wife is probably a snob too and I am sure your kids are quite entitled. $48k (or less) is hard to sneeze at and college is merely a stepping stone. Sorry, I also do not subscribe to the theory that you cant get to medical school doing great at ECSU. If you do well on the MCAT, you get in. If you play at a CFC branch and dominate at a D1 coach's clinic, you get an offer. Funny thing is, my kid didnt even get accepted into the honors program at UCONN ... but got accepted into far better schools (albeit with little to no money). It is what it is. Sorry, you dont value money .... you know there is a saying about fools and their money, right?
          Lol no money = they didn't want your kid that much, just your money.

And getting into a good med school isn't just about your GPA. Larger, more highly rated schools have better faculty, research and internship opportunities. But hey, there's always those Caribbean med schools.

Comment

DIII committed players happen when the parents put down the deposit. It is D-III, there are no sport commitments at the D-III level.
            Not true. It’s still a large time commitment especially in season. Off season while there's nothing "official " you are still expected to go to captains practices, scrimmages and workouts. D3 players don't get any academic support either like D1 athletes do.

Comment

Lol no money = they didn't want your kid that much, just your money.

And getting into a good med school isn't just about your GPA. Larger, more highly rated schools have better faculty, research and internship opportunities. But hey, there's always those Caribbean med schools.
              There you go again .... Princess needs the best on her resume ..... You must work hard to get her into schools that you think will have a name that can carry her to where you want her to go. Let me guess, you pulled strings to get her raggedy ass on an FSA ecnl team so she could have a pretty sleeve patch and took out all of the equity in your house so she could go to UHART? My daughter is applying to plenty of great medical schools thanks (including affordable ones too ... All in the is thank you). She doesn't need all that BS that you think your kid does .... She's a smart kid, gets great grades (MCAT included), she works hard, has a tremendous resume that she built, she interviews well, has great recommendations and is very well rounded .... Doesnt need daddy to tug admissions or coaching strings; she is capable and grounded.

Comment

Not true. It’s still a large time commitment especially in season. Off season while there's nothing "official " you are still expected to go to captains practices, scrimmages and workouts. D3 players don't get any academic support either like D1 athletes do.
                Seasons are not remarkably different in length surprisingly. Far more support in D1 for academics though.

Comment

So your kid got into two ivies, but not Uconn honors program....your story gets more hilarious every day. You must be suffering for dementia like Biden. You exaggerate as you lose it. By the time your kid has kids, you will be telling them she was accepted to all the ivies, went and graduated summa cum laude in two years....double major.

If by snob, you mean she wouldn’t look twice at a middle aged, out of shape cheapskate like you, then yes, she is a snob

Comment

There you go again .... Princess needs the best on her resume ..... You must work hard to get her into schools that you think will have a name that can carry her to where you want her to go. Let me guess, you pulled strings to get her raggedy ass on an FSA ecnl team so she could have a pretty sleeve patch and took out all of the equity in your house so she could go to UHART? My daughter is applying to plenty of great medical schools thanks (including affordable ones too ... All in the is thank you). She doesn't need all that BS that you think your kid does .... She's a smart kid, gets great grades (MCAT included), she works hard, has a tremendous resume that she built, she interviews well, has great recommendations and is very well rounded .... Doesnt need daddy to tug admissions or coaching strings; she is capable and grounded.
                    Well rounded...so a little chubby? Let me know what Med school she gets into. Greenheart Medical University in Haiti may be a real bargain, especially after the assassination.

Comment

That's all well and good, but the post the poster was responding to, was talking about "dill". Hence, not being a good reader. :D
                      Nice job being the grammar police on a soccer chat board that people post on from their phones. You assclown

Comment

Nice job being the grammar police on a soccer chat board that people post on from their phones. You assclown
                        It’s my only contribution in life. Sorry I’m a loser. I also correct how people hold a pencil.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X