E-LITE Academy League

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall, Day One went about as expected. The team matchups were 0PFC vs Mt. Rainer, CFC vs Washington East, and uPDX vs Boise.

Club records after day one (W-D-L):

0PFC: 5-0-1
    uPDX: 2-1-2
    CFC: 2-1-1
    Boise: 2-1-2
    WA East: 1-1-2
    MRFC: 1-0-5

One CFC/WAE game was postponed, and one score is missing.

No huge surprises. I expected the two Washington entries to be weaker than the rest of the field, and they generally were. Boise vs uPDX (the strongest of the OR clubs vs the strongest out of state club) was a good matchup, with two of uPDX's state cup winning teams failing to get all three points. 0PDX dominated Mt. Rainer, winning in all but one age group.

ISC didn't come this weekend because their younger kids are doing Surf Cup this weekend (their older kids did it last weekend).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Overall, Day One went about as expected. The team matchups were 0PFC vs Mt. Rainer, CFC vs Washington East, and uPDX vs Boise.

No huge surprises. I expected the two Washington entries to be weaker than the rest of the field, and they generally were. Boise vs uPDX (the strongest of the OR clubs vs the strongest out of state club) was a good matchup, with two of uPDX's state cup winning teams failing to get all three points. 0PDX dominated Mt. Rainer, winning in all but one age group.

ISC didn't come this weekend because their younger kids are doing Surf Cup this weekend (their older kids did it last weekend).
      ISC didn't come because they were licking their wounds from getting slaughtered at crossfire challenge and tired from playing in the 4th and 5th brackets at Surf

Comment

Glad to see after a year off due to covid, The Tigard Festival of Balloons Soccer event is back in full effect, congrats on the move to Salem!

Comment

ISC didn't come because they were licking their wounds from getting slaughtered at crossfire challenge and tired from playing in the 4th and 5th brackets at Surf
          Perhaps that too, but the U13s and U14s are at Surf this weekend.

(ISC is a bit like the Seattle-area equivalent of, say, LYS, but with far more parents with bad attitudes).

Comment

Glad to see after a year off due to covid, The Tigard Festival of Balloons Soccer event is back in full effect, congrats on the move to Salem!
            I guess this is what they meant by the 'new' normal.

Comment

You are just a bitter loser- I have watched games across multiple age groups (have multiple kids playing) and the level of competition from Boise and the 2 Washington teams is right up there with the best oysa teams across the board and I don’t have to hear and see you constantly complaining from the parent sideline. Granted there are a few bad teams (like the younger mt rainier teams) but overall I am glad we are doing this and it’s good to play different styles and players. Worst part so far (other than your drivel) is the $10 parking donation to cap fc so they can build more turf fields yet still have a dusty pot hole filled parking lot just like harmony

Comment

You are just a bitter loser- I have watched games across multiple age groups (have multiple kids playing) and the level of competition from Boise and the 2 Washington teams is right up there with the best oysa teams across the board and I don’t have to hear and see you constantly complaining from the parent sideline. Granted there are a few bad teams (like the younger mt rainier teams) but overall I am glad we are doing this and it’s good to play different styles and players. Worst part so far (other than your drivel) is the $10 parking donation to cap fc so they can build more turf fields yet still have a dusty pot hole filled parking lot just like harmony
                9-0 laugher......what a joke.

Comment

At this point some of the travel involved in a number of the league we have played in is a challenge and at times a waste of time. In the end, the majority of players could just stay and play local. This is not a knock on any league.

Comment

At this point some of the travel involved in a number of the league we have played in is a challenge and at times a waste of time. In the end, the majority of players could just stay and play local. This is not a knock on any league.
                    Oregon's average vs washington below average and Idaho average. Sorry this was a waste for the out of state folks. Better competition in the valley and PDX metro than the 3 clubs who traveled to salem. Any day of the week. What a shame.

Comment

Oregon's average vs washington below average and Idaho average. Sorry this was a waste for the out of state folks. Better competition in the valley and PDX metro than the 3 clubs who traveled to salem. Any day of the week. What a shame.
                      You dumb haters are all talking about the EA league when both the girls and boys ecnl have been making a mockery out of their teams flying everywhere to either get beat 10-0 or play another crappy team posing as elite.

Give me a break, you’ve got ECNL teams that can’t win a single game or play some crappy Pittsburgh riverhound team and spending 1k a trip.

But evidently the logic comes into play when this group does a round robin.

You ll are idiots. 100% of all the teams could stay and play in state and be better off.

Comment

You dumb haters are all talking about the EA league when both the girls and boys ecnl have been making a mockery out of their teams flying everywhere to either get beat 10-0 or play another crappy team posing as elite.

Give me a break, you’ve got ECNL teams that can’t win a single game or play some crappy Pittsburgh riverhound team and spending 1k a trip.

But evidently the logic comes into play when this group does a round robin.

You ll are idiots. 100% of all the teams could stay and play in state and be better off.

But playing in-state would require common sense and fair club fees. Not happening. Send in the clowns!!

Comment

Little Dick has something to lose with the existence of the EAL. ADF lost a huge amount of kids to the three teams this year and after talking to a group of parents it was said that the EAL was a small reason.

It is so bad that ADF had to merge with Pachuca.

There are a couple of boys that are not happy with their team after so many kids bailed and from what it sounds like they are considering moving on mid season. I know of one that is going to practice with another club this week.

ADF is falling apart. Grasping at straws.

It would be really sad if he wasn't here for a serious reason (loss of income or loss of the team.... I mean... merging with Pachuca is pretty bad)

Comment

My honest take on the weekend-

Mt Rainier is terrible across the board.
                            Boise has some quality teams
                            Washington East was solid in most age groups
                            Oregon teams were better- in general- than the visitors

The Mexican food was OK. Those chip things with hot sauce and lemon juice were spot on.
                            The fish place- was scared to eat there but saw a few brave souls partaking

Parking lot- the spots were decent sized. $10 is par for the course- but lame

Ref's were all good. No issues.

The Boys had a fun weekend- and our time spent was worthy of a summer weekend in Salem. Overall a good time out on the pitch for them.

Future- trips to Seattle are not bad. 3 hours and a weekend of soccer in December and March don't sound terrible mixed with another two weekends in Portland. Driving to Boise sounds terrible though. Not looking forward to that.

Despite our neighborhood douche bag Little Dick's constant dribble- the fact is this. All the boys had a good weekend and were happy to be playing. This is the very reason us parents take time out of our busy lives.... for our kids. and our boys had a blast.

Comment

Little Dick has something to lose with the existence of the EAL. ADF lost a huge amount of kids to the three teams this year and after talking to a group of parents it was said that the EAL was a small reason.

It is so bad that ADF had to merge with Pachuca.

There are a couple of boys that are not happy with their team after so many kids bailed and from what it sounds like they are considering moving on mid season. I know of one that is going to practice with another club this week.

ADF is falling apart. Grasping at straws.

It would be really sad if he wasn't here for a serious reason (loss of income or loss of the team.... I mean... merging with Pachuca is pretty bad)
                              Hmm.

ADF is a team who have long focused on "whales"--parents willing to pay lots for private training. Unlike some clubs, the pressure to private train their is intense, and Joa occasionally likes to take his teams to Brazil to get smacked around by local academy teams several years younger. (Any other Oregon team would meet the same fate, so don't laugh).

Unless ADF parents were tiring of the expensive travel and training and decided that EAL was a cheaper option, I doubt that's it. F-Bombs only won a single State Cup last year, and now there is a bigger nastier shark in town than Joa.

I do remember when they first started, ADF was essentially combined with La Amistad--like Pachucas, a mainly Latino club with families in the lower economic strata. Not the sort of parents who would pay through the nose. So it sounds like ADF is returning to its roots in a sense, as the whales run off to be harpooned by a new Captain Ahab.

Comment

Hmm.

ADF is a team who have long focused on "whales"--parents willing to pay lots for private training. Unlike some clubs, the pressure to private train their is intense, and Joa occasionally likes to take his teams to Brazil to get smacked around by local academy teams several years younger. (Any other Oregon team would meet the same fate, so don't laugh).

Unless ADF parents were tiring of the expensive travel and training and decided that EAL was a cheaper option, I doubt that's it. F-Bombs only won a single State Cup last year, and now there is a bigger nastier shark in town than Joa.

I do remember when they first started, ADF was essentially combined with La Amistad--like Pachucas, a mainly Latino club with families in the lower economic strata. Not the sort of parents who would pay through the nose. So it sounds like ADF is returning to its roots in a sense, as the whales run off to be harpooned by a new Captain Ahab.
                                Not sure what Little Dicks angel is. But he has one. No doubt. No normal person would be on here like he is and bashing something the way he does if he had no stake in the game. People are not that desperate for attention.

For a while I thought that he was somehow tied to the website and is here to stir things up to increase posting/ views/ for advertising revenue which could also be the case. Would make sense. He gleans info others put here and twists things up.

He tends to leave Westside out of his rants too. So could be a weird parent that has some vendetta.

If it is for money- I get it. If it is anything else then he has issues.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X