Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wouldn’t be hyping the crossfire tournament . I was there the other week and the standard of play was terrible especially from the boys side . Was kick and rush bounce ball . I watched an 07 game and I swear there was only 2 passes at most then kick it as far as you can and chase it . Was laughable . The younger ages looked reasonable but as soon as they got to the teenage years it was like no one cared about style of play it was just trying to not get beat .
    Nah.

Completely disagree.

First serious competitive tournament for 10-12-14 months post COVID.

A number of teams Boys & Girls U15-U19 played some good stuff, you just had to look for the better teams, the better players, the better coaches, especially those at the Super Group Semi and Finals. A couple OR Teams also stood out as good to watch.

Stop expecting Euro 2020 from a youth soccer US Summer Tournament in WA.

Enjoy the remaining Summer Tournament Events this 2021. Could be worse, we could be back isolating in Summer 2020 with no soccer/sports at all.

Comment

Nah.

Completely disagree.

First serious competitive tournament for 10-12-14 months post COVID.

A number of teams Boys & Girls U15-U19 played some good stuff, you just had to look for the better teams, the better players, the better coaches, especially those at the Super Group Semi and Finals. A couple OR Teams also stood out as good to watch.

Stop expecting Euro 2020 from a youth soccer US Summer Tournament in WA.

Enjoy the remaining Summer Tournament Events this 2021. Could be worse, we could be back isolating in Summer 2020 with no soccer/sports at all.

A lot of these teams have played a number of tournaments already . It looked like none of the clubs had any sort of philosophy other then X-fire . It’s what I would call playing the percentages . What happened to passing it through the thirds ? You may as well just cut out the midfield and forget about them as all they do is chase . For professional coaching it’s dire

Comment

A lot of these teams have played a number of tournaments already . It looked like none of the clubs had any sort of philosophy other then X-fire . It’s what I would call playing the percentages . What happened to passing it through the thirds ? You may as well just cut out the midfield and forget about them as all they do is chase . For professional coaching it’s dire
        XF is the best team with the best players. No argument. I also assume that get practice time at 60 Acres during the same. It cannot be ignore that a lot of other clubs play very little on grass fields. 60 Acres was in great shape for a youth tournament but it is still grass with uneven surfaces and over the top balls that do not just roll to the keeper. Given this, it is not too surprising to me that teams abandon building out of the back to boot and chase at these tournaments. So not the prettiest youth soccer in any year IMO.

Comment

XF is the best team with the best players. No argument. I also assume that get practice time at 60 Acres during the same. It cannot be ignore that a lot of other clubs play very little on grass fields. 60 Acres was in great shape for a youth tournament but it is still grass with uneven surfaces and over the top balls that do not just roll to the keeper. Given this, it is not too surprising to me that teams abandon building out of the back to boot and chase at these tournaments. So not the prettiest youth soccer in any year IMO.
          90% of XF Teams do NOT train at 60 Acres. Only the youngest players 2014, 2013 and maybe 2012s etc, so as to ensure the fields are beat up come weekend tournaments and games. The vast majority of teams continue to train on Turf at Marymoor, Grass Lawn, Hartman etc.

Most Clubs/Teams are desperate to win at XF given it's the best Club, the best Teams, and the best Tournament in the state of WA at anytime during the year. So yes, some teams abandon style of play and try to force wins by playing more direct. But the better coaches and better teams continue to work to possess, build through the thirds, as it is statistically proven to provide better results, especially over the long term.

Again, having watched 12+ games at the U15-U19 XF Tournament, and as all tournaments have, there were some bad teams/games, and there were some impressive teams/games.

Comment

Do you know what an a55 you sound like?

Comment

There were 2 kids on the team that were dual rostered and that seems reasonable, not their fault the next team below ECNL at the club was div 3. I think those two are still dual rostered. Teams up in div 2 now as well.

These were club pass kids, it's denoted on the roster, so there's no real denying what they did.

Hopefully it's a blip in the club culture and the hand slap will deal with the coaches making poor choices.
              ECNL is affiliated with US Club Soccer, a different organization than US Youth Soccer. Thus, a PacNW player can actually be rostered to a PacNW ECNL team (US Club Soccer) and another PacNW team (US Youth Soccer) in the same age group at the same time. The dual-membership issue becomes murky when an ENCL player plays with, say, a PacNW Maroon team. The Regional Club League generally frowns on players playing down a level (except for goalkeepers), but since ECNL is a different entity than the RCL, the question is whether that actually violates the playing-down policy. It's a much grayer area than the obvious one of a Maroon player playing down a level with the Blue team.

Comment

Who is in charge of Valor ? Does anybody know how large the club is

Comment

Did they get their Million dollar sponsorship to
                  make it free yet?

Comment

Based on age you should play close to home

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                      Did they get their Million dollar sponsorship to
                      make it free yet?
                      Does any club have "free" soccer?

Comment

Does any club have "free" soccer?
                        Crossfire. We’ve also seen a push to make some of the youngest ages in Spokane free. One club started then everyone started following suit. Not a bad thing in my opinion.

Comment

Crossfire. We’ve also seen a push to make some of the youngest ages in Spokane free. One club started then everyone started following suit. Not a bad thing in my opinion.
                          Interesting to hear. I had only heard their ECNL team is "free" based on the level of play and expectation. Never a bad thing, there are some really talented players that can't afford to play. So, Crossfire sounds like the only one?

Comment

Interesting to hear. I had only heard their ECNL team is "free" based on the level of play and expectation. Never a bad thing, there are some really talented players that can't afford to play. So, Crossfire sounds like the only one?
                            It appears so. I am surprised to see no other club in the area has followed this model, perhaps it isn't worth it financially.

Comment

You have to have a large enough player base.

It isn't free. The non-ECNL families are footing the bill for ECNL.

Comment

I have a XF ECNL player. It certainly isnt free. We pay club dues at the younger age groups - the only thing that's paid for (other than the 04's) is the ECNL travel to games and ECNL events. We pay for all non-ECNL events, as well as regular team dues.

The oldest age group are fully covered for club dues and ECNL travel.

I appreciate them covering ECNL travel - its better than a kick in the knees

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X