Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sitting the bench on an ACC roster doesn’t necessarily make the players miserable. Playing D3 doesn’t necessarily mean its a fun time year round. Stop making broad statements and accept every kid is looking for something different. choices are good
    If you arent miserable riding the pine anywhere, you have no balls and deserve what you got.

Comment

If you arent miserable riding the pine anywhere, you have no balls and deserve what you got.
      Exactly. Never seen a happy bench camper at any level. Parents of benchers don’t even claim that. It’s usually a reference to ‘plays (sits) ACC’ supposed prestige compensates for the misery. It doesn’t.

Comment

Exactly. Never seen a happy bench camper at any level. Parents of benchers don’t even claim that. It’s usually a reference to ‘plays (sits) ACC’ supposed prestige compensates for the misery. It doesn’t.
        There are players that go to any old school that will give them money and playing time and if that is their preferred income, good for them. some just want access to an elite academic institution and will take bench sitting in exchange for the educational opportunity. some r talented enough to start at the toughest program out there and that is what they want to do. some do something in between.

none of them gives a rat's ass what some anonymous TS poster thinks.

Comment

Ya they play their entire lives but like to sit for the last 4 .Im not buying your BS.

Comment

I agree it's not the majority but it definitely happens often enough. Fro some it's more about the school and continuing to be on a team, a part of something, before they launch into adulthood

Comment

Ya they play their entire lives but like to sit for the last 4 .Im not buying your BS.
              Oh well cupcake. This is college, not youth soccer. If you are good enough for them to let you in to that. super school, you are tough enough to tolerate sitting on that bench for the education.

Now, get to class.

Comment

I agree it's not the majority but it definitely happens often enough. Fro some it's more about the school and continuing to be on a team, a part of something, before they launch into adulthood
                It probably does happen, and I bet 200% the coach that recruited that schlub now regrets their decision. Doormat, 4-year lame-ducks need not apply. What a joke! No big fish from any size pond should enjoy being relegated ... regardless if they went to a bigger or smaller pond. Sorry, it's why so much of this is BS and utterly non-competitive. You will never ever again here the words "any place, any time" and that's a shame.

Comment

It probably does happen, and I bet 200% the coach that recruited that schlub now regrets their decision. Doormat, 4-year lame-ducks need not apply. What a joke! No big fish from any size pond should enjoy being relegated ... regardless if they went to a bigger or smaller pond. Sorry, it's why so much of this is BS and utterly non-competitive. You will never ever again here the words "any place, any time" and that's a shame.
                  Some coaches like to have extra practice cones for full scrimmages. If isn't costing them more than a few pennies to carry a few of them who cares? They're definitely not scholarship athletes and the school is happy to have more full pay students. Sometimes they're also stronger than average students and help pull up the team's GPA (yes, that's a thing).

Comment

Might be a few oddballs that enjoy splinters but there is a reason 1/3 quit soccer. From MA we are talking about 6 quality players yearly who get significant playing time at top schools, maybe a dozen girls. They don’t come to ts and brag about it, it’s the benchers parents here, especially D1 bencher parents who think their kid has accomplished something over those playing D3 who are also getting a much better education. Good for a laugh but no reason to participate in their delusional charade.

Comment

I haven't been on this site in years but it's a slow day before vacation so I'm killing time and figured I would amuse myself. I can't believe you are STILL hitting this site, A SOCCER website, with your "it's all about education" and "belonging" mantras. My god man don't you ever give it a rest? You are like a man with a small penis that insists on telling everyone how to use theirs. If you actually spent any time in a locker room (plenty of doubt about that) you know that men come in all shapes and sizes but like everything else in life it all comes down to how you use what you've got. Anyone who would rather sit on the bench just to be a part of the team is nothing more than a voyeur in life and that is pretty weak if that is all that satisfies you.

Comment

I haven't been on this site in years but it's a slow day before vacation so I'm killing time and figured I would amuse myself. I can't believe you are STILL hitting this site, A SOCCER website, with your "it's all about education" and "belonging" mantras. My god man don't you ever give it a rest? You are like a man with a small penis that insists on telling everyone how to use theirs. If you actually spent any time in a locker room (plenty of doubt about that) you know that men come in all shapes and sizes but like everything else in life it all comes down to how you use what you've got. Anyone who would rather sit on the bench just to be a part of the team is nothing more than a voyeur in life and that is pretty weak if that is all that satisfies you.
                        Are you seriously advocatimg that a player attend a lower quality college to get more playing time? Why?

They need to leave soccer behind, grow up and get on a successful career path. You must be making mo ey from this nonsense.

Comment

🤣 guy in vacation....anonymous TS posters have come and gone in your absence

Comment

Are you seriously advocatimg that a player attend a lower quality college to get more playing time? Why?

They need to leave soccer behind, grow up and get on a successful career path. You must be making mo ey from this nonsense.
                            People like you are killing society. You hate competition simply because you doubt your abilities and are afraid you'll lose then make impassioned speeches about fairness and smelling the roses. You sir are a nut job.

Comment

Mine better not be smelling a lot of roses. She is in college to learn what she is there to learn to get into the grad school she is targeting and accomplish her career goals. She can smell one rose and then she better she better get back to it. What the heck is yours doing with her time in college?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X