NYCSL just lost it's sanctioning with ENYYSA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDP has been in this area for quite a few years though - I know Long Island was always a point of contention and they have always been against the NYCSL but ENYSSA, or rather their subsidiary leagues, pitched a fit a few years ago when EDP rolled out the option to card through them. ENY complained then that they didn't know the exact cost break down and how it was divided up. That's all they were concerned about at that point, losing the revenue. EDP going USYS made it much easier for a lot of clubs to go USYS solely for the ENY State Cup because then you didn't have to do the assinine play in games. Prior to that many had to dual card with USCLUB and USYS. I don't know how EDP could hinder a recreational league on Staten Island of all places but I can see the issue with CJSL and LIJSL who are travel leagues more than they are rec as well as with the NJ landscape. Interestingly enough the voting block of CJSL had to have grown exponentially with all the NYCSL teams / players now carding there. I wonder if the other leagues were feeling threatened.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I don't think that the issue is a bylaw violation. I think the issue is that CJSL is an ENYYSSA sanctioned league but NYCSL is not. So last year, ENYSSA is led to believe NYCSL will be absorbed into CJSL and run as one organization in some capacity. But instead, NYCSL continued to operate somewhat independently.

ENYSSA's rules and bylaws defines the membership eligibility of individual soccer leagues. It provides a method of application for these leagues in order to be sanctioned. So essentially, ENYSSA is saying (without actually saying it) that they are not recognizing NYCSL as being a part of CJSL based upon NYCSL's conduct. Therefore they are not sanctioned because NYCSL had never been sanctioned by ENYSSA. Whether or not there was a bylaw violation does not seem to be the correct question. To me, the most simple remedy for NYCSL is to seek their own ENYSSA sanction at this point, although who knows if it will be granted.

I see what you mean and that is a valid point. This is easily hashed out by going to the terms of the agreement between CJSL/NYCSL and ENYSSA. Surely ENYSSA was smart enough to request the terms in writing, no? I didn't see anything referencing a "division" of a league and there are not any marketing requirements/stipulations in the bylaws and constitution. Things ENYSSA is accusing CJSL / NYCSL to be in violation of. ENYSSA allowed the partnership so the rules must have allowed for that partnership to happen. I don't care what they thought that partnership was going to look like or what it was proposed to them to look like - those things should have been hashed out and signed off on by everyone so when this happens you pull the document out and say here is where you went wrong. You agreed to X but did Y so it's all null and void.

Comment

hey- i have no idea why i'm getting nycsl emails but man this sounds like major BEEF!

i've read some replies in this thread which seem pretty knowledgeable, but can someone lay out the 'dick and jane' version for people who aren't in these leagues?

Comment

I see what you mean and that is a valid point. This is easily hashed out by going to the terms of the agreement between CJSL/NYCSL and ENYSSA. Surely ENYSSA was smart enough to request the terms in writing, no? I didn't see anything referencing a "division" of a league and there are not any marketing requirements/stipulations in the bylaws and constitution. Things ENYSSA is accusing CJSL / NYCSL to be in violation of. ENYSSA allowed the partnership so the rules must have allowed for that partnership to happen. I don't care what they thought that partnership was going to look like or what it was proposed to them to look like - those things should have been hashed out and signed off on by everyone so when this happens you pull the document out and say here is where you went wrong. You agreed to X but did Y so it's all null and void.
          By registering teams outside the CJSL footprint NYCSL became a threat to the other ENYYSA leagues. And their continuing to run regional cup competitions pissed of ENYYSA who felt it was competition to their state cup. That's why they were shut down.

Comment

All good points. I'd also like to know what the outreach to CJSL/NYCSL that ENYSSA references in their letter looked like. They make it sound like they were left with no other options because of either no response or unsatisfactory responses.

Also, it should be pointed out that CJSL claims a right to due process. But I'm not sure that ENYSSA has officially taken any action. I think they are instead making an observation...CJSL is a sanctioned league, NYCSL was never a sanctioned league and based on their outreach and observation, there was no merger.

Comment

All good points. I'd also like to know what the outreach to CJSL/NYCSL that ENYSSA references in their letter looked like. They make it sound like they were left with no other options because of either no response or unsatisfactory responses.

Also, it should be pointed out that CJSL claims a right to due process. But I'm not sure that ENYSSA has officially taken any action. I think they are instead making an observation...CJSL is a sanctioned league, NYCSL was never a sanctioned league and based on their outreach and observation, there was no merger.

Absolutely agree and I would like to know as well. Who exactly did they speak to and when and what came of that? ENY is notorious for only speaking to people that support them and have a tendency to get defensive. It sounds like, based on CJSL's rebuttal, that there was communication but ENY claims there was none. It's a classic he said she said. Christiano should take the reigns and not leave it to the secretary here. You come out swinging but stay back in the shadows? Doesn't make sense to me. This is his time to shine so to speak but he's nowhere to be found. I'm sorry. I've been around the soccer landscape for way too long and the same people have been at the helm at ENY for god knows how many years. People have complained on soccer boards about the lack of diversity for coaches and players - meanwhile ENY is ran by a bunch of old white men. Clean house man.

Comment

Absolutely agree and I would like to know as well. Who exactly did they speak to and when and what came of that? ENY is notorious for only speaking to people that support them and have a tendency to get defensive. It sounds like, based on CJSL's rebuttal, that there was communication but ENY claims there was none. It's a classic he said she said. Christiano should take the reigns and not leave it to the secretary here. You come out swinging but stay back in the shadows? Doesn't make sense to me. This is his time to shine so to speak but he's nowhere to be found. I'm sorry. I've been around the soccer landscape for way too long and the same people have been at the helm at ENY for god knows how many years. People have complained on soccer boards about the lack of diversity for coaches and players - meanwhile ENY is ran by a bunch of old white men. Clean house man.
                They said no meaningful responses. ENY saying you can't keep doing what you are doing and CJSL/NYCSL saying, tough noogies, isn't meaningful.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X