Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You can't be serious... Are you really asking what kind of chair you should sit in? Man, you have a really clear head. If this is what keeps you up at night, I wish I lived in your world. Seriously think about the thread you started on here. I mean, if your asking for opinions on major purchases like a home, car, what club to put your kid in etc, then fine. But a CHAIR??? Funniest thread in years. Thanks for that
    What can I say? Details matter when all I here is about “the commitment” :-)

Comment

What can I say? Details matter when all I here is about “the commitment” :-)
      And to our forward some numbers, if all three of my kids play all the way through 18 then I’ll be sitting on the sidelines for the next 19 years. I think…I need a chair recommendation. I’ll be an old man when this is done ;-)

Comment

enjoy your time, many don't go all the way for a variety of reasons. watched many drop off over the years, teams change constantly. anyway, collapsible camp chair with fold up top for sun and rain.

Comment

enjoy your time, many don't go all the way for a variety of reasons. watched many drop off over the years, teams change constantly. anyway, collapsible camp chair with fold up top for sun and rain.
          great advice - take it year by year and just enjoy. If all goes right they'll have a lot of fun, stay in good shape, learn a game and eventually get to the level they were meant to be at (whatever that may be). Like OP says, the teams at u-little are vastly different than who'll be there in HS - kids lose interest, find other sports, other activities, etc. You'll be surprised over the years at which very good "can't miss" u-little players walk away by freshman year.

Comment

And to our forward some numbers, if all three of my kids play all the way through 18 then I’ll be sitting on the sidelines for the next 19 years. I think…I need a chair recommendation. I’ll be an old man when this is done ;-)
            at least one if not two will drop out by HS, sorry it happens that way. Anyway, you'll go through a few of them - they're not made to last, you forget it on a field....Dicks and sporting good stores usually have something on sale at any given time and especially as summer winds down. BJs and Costco also have good prices.

Comment

You can't be serious... Are you really asking what kind of chair you should sit in? Man, you have a really clear head. If this is what keeps you up at night, I wish I lived in your world. Seriously think about the thread you started on here. I mean, if your asking for opinions on major purchases like a home, car, what club to put your kid in etc, then fine. But a CHAIR??? Funniest thread in years. Thanks for that
              actually it's a great thread. but i look forward to your question and seeing the answers on TS about which car you're going to purchase next.

Comment

actually it's a great thread. but i look forward to your question and seeing the answers on TS about which car you're going to purchase next.

LOL, good one... Guess I should have been more specific. Obviously DO NOT ask for recommendations for anything on TS, most already know that. The point is. Is it not common sense to know that if you will be outdoors, with the potential for inclement weather, should you not be looking for a comfortable chair that would possibly have some sort of shelter from the elements? Is it just me? I am a u little parent with not much experience yet with long days at the field, and I don't feel I need to ask people what is comfortable and what keeps me from getting wet. To me, it kind of felt the same as a person asking, "what chair should I buy to go camping, or to the beach, or to the drive in etc". You want the real answer... Buy a pickup truck and a golf cart. Problem solved. No walking, no standing, and you can stay dry with the cool little plastic flaps you can connect all the way around. Some even have headlights and windshield wipers so you can keep a closer eye on junior. Good luck on the hunt for "the perfect soccer viewing chair".

Comment

OP here. Not in the market for a new car, but have a hybrid cross over and large SUV. Feel good about the wheels and ability to put miles on them or pile family in.

Comment

LOL, good one... Guess I should have been more specific. Obviously DO NOT ask for recommendations for anything on TS, most already know that. The point is. Is it not common sense to know that if you will be outdoors, with the potential for inclement weather, should you not be looking for a comfortable chair that would possibly have some sort of shelter from the elements? Is it just me? I am a u little parent with not much experience yet with long days at the field, and I don't feel I need to ask people what is comfortable and what keeps me from getting wet. To me, it kind of felt the same as a person asking, "what chair should I buy to go camping, or to the beach, or to the drive in etc". You want the real answer... Buy a pickup truck and a golf cart. Problem solved. No walking, no standing, and you can stay dry with the cool little plastic flaps you can connect all the way around. Some even have headlights and windshield wipers so you can keep a closer eye on junior. Good luck on the hunt for "the perfect soccer viewing chair".
                    All set on staying dry my friend. I have a range of jackets from waterproof windbreakers to something you’d see on deadliest catch. I like your golf cart / truck idea. Clever ;-). Obviously my ask as to “why” you would recommend something helps evaluate the responses. Themes of comfort, lightweight, cheap (in case of loss) are coming up as important. Was also interesting that no one said to get the GCI rockers I saw a whole flock of parents with.

Mission accomplished in diversifying TS from rants about club management/coaches and “new” Hand jobs.

Comment

All set on staying dry my friend. I have a range of jackets from waterproof windbreakers to something you’d see on deadliest catch. I like your golf cart / truck idea. Clever ;-). Obviously my ask as to “why” you would recommend something helps evaluate the responses. Themes of comfort, lightweight, cheap (in case of loss) are coming up as important. Was also interesting that no one said to get the GCI rockers I saw a whole flock of parents with.

Mission accomplished in diversifying TS from rants about club management/coaches and “new” Hand jobs.

I have a portable hammock with an attached fan for humid days. The fan is battery powered and lasts for 6 hours. I also bring a cooler to keep my drinks ice cold. Usually, around mid day, I order take out so it is nice and hot when I eat. They even deliver it to me at the fields.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X