Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local tournaments

Wondering what local tournaments are going on this year? Beaverton Cup, Mt Hood Challenge (Clash is done and Capital's done too). Any other s that teams are flocking to far or near?

We have always had a good experience at Oswego Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We have always had a good experience at Oswego Cup.
      You made me look. LOL, didn't believe that was a thing and hasn't been for years but website says they have a tournament this year. Wonder what teams will play in it?

Comment

LOL, these threads are flamebait.

Expect to see folks from Club X yelling that the tourney run by Club Y is overpriced, rec level, and poorly organized.

Expect to see a few others, acting as though they are Uber elite, saying that no tournaments other than surf cup or similar, are worth anything.

Tournaments are fun for the kids, or can be if approached correctly.

They are also fundraisers for clubs and there is a bit of a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours aspect to them.

Comment

LOL, these threads are flamebait.

Expect to see folks from Club X yelling that the tourney run by Club Y is overpriced, rec level, and poorly organized.

Expect to see a few others, acting as though they are Uber elite, saying that no tournaments other than surf cup or similar, are worth anything.

Tournaments are fun for the kids, or can be if approached correctly.

They are also fundraisers for clubs and there is a bit of a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours aspect to them.
          Gee thanks Mr Knowitall. Hope it’s nice an cool there in your armchair.

Comment

Tournaments

PCU and Summer Slam are the other two in the metro area.

Not sure what Bend will get this year.

Comment

Crossfire

Crossfire tournament is always the biggest draw tourney in the Northwest. Are any clubs going to Crossfire this year? I know some clubs still have travel policies in place for Corona.

I see they have a record application number, even without Canadian teams, on their website. Not teams or schedules posted yet.

Comment

Crossfire tournament is always the biggest draw tourney in the Northwest. Are any clubs going to Crossfire this year? I know some clubs still have travel policies in place for Corona.

I see they have a record application number, even without Canadian teams, on their website. Not teams or schedules posted yet.
                I was surprised that a couple teams from our club were actually accepted. These specific teams had been turned down in the past but made it this year. My guess is that a lot of teams requiring flights that usually attend will probably sit out one more year so it will be a bit more regionalized than years past.

Comment

Low turnout

The local tournaments are taking shape, and the prelim list of teams for PCU and Beaverton Cup is a mere shadow of the past. Basically local teams and combining age brackets to get reasonable competition. Top team will just crush others from lower ages. #participationtrophy

This is no different than Crossfire this year…the team list is 90%++ Washington teams.

Thanks COVID

Comment

The local tournaments are taking shape, and the prelim list of teams for PCU and Beaverton Cup is a mere shadow of the past. Basically local teams and combining age brackets to get reasonable competition. Top team will just crush others from lower ages. #participationtrophy

This is no different than Crossfire this year…the team list is 90%++ Washington teams.

Thanks COVID
                    Some of us think it a good thing that fewer teams are getting on airplanes to play against teams that aren't any better than the local competition. And yes, COVID is to blame.

Have you tried renting a car lately?

Comment

This weekend is Soccer in the Sand. Probably the most significant and meaningful tournament for all youth soccer participants. The one tournament that is guaranteed to deliver on the most important aspect of youth soccer.

It is fun.

Comment

Low turnout

Wow...looking at the turnout this year for tournaments and no one getting a good field yet. The non HS level seem to still be pulling a variety of teams, but the U15+ are minimal at best.

PCU this weekend is basically PCU internal tournament. They are combining age brackets to get competition.

Beaverton Cup has little participation in upper ages and teams playing up in age brackets to get competition.

Wonder if LO tourney or Mt Hood will have a reasonable representation to see the level of play before they all go off to HS to play.

Comment

Wow...looking at the turnout this year for tournaments and no one getting a good field yet. The non HS level seem to still be pulling a variety of teams, but the U15+ are minimal at best.

PCU this weekend is basically PCU internal tournament. They are combining age brackets to get competition.

Beaverton Cup has little participation in upper ages and teams playing up in age brackets to get competition.

Wonder if LO tourney or Mt Hood will have a reasonable representation to see the level of play before they all go off to HS to play.
                          That's why teams are joining travel leagues. If they can't get parents' $$$ one way, they'll find another.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X