Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree with this. If your playing om the C or D team you are wasting your money. Go back to your town team (if there is one)
    What's the thinking behind this? Do they train the same amount and go to an equal amount of showcases? If so, they get the same value, no?

Comment

What's the thinking behind this? Do they train the same amount and go to an equal amount of showcases? If so, they get the same value, no?
      Showcases lol. No the top teams get attention, play the top divisions etc. The lower teams would be the equivalent of normal town teams playing low end divisions. Players/teams are not very good but parents still fork over that money. I have no idea why

Comment

Showcases lol. No the top teams get attention, play the top divisions etc. The lower teams would be the equivalent of normal town teams playing low end divisions. Players/teams are not very good but parents still fork over that money. I have no idea why
        Because the amount of money you are talking about is less than pocket change.

Comment

Because the amount of money you are talking about is less than pocket change.
          Yeah no. $2800 minimum to play d6 lol

Comment

The lower SUSA teams stink. They are poorly trained and an after thought. Stay on your town teams with your friends.

Comment

The lower SUSA teams stink. They are poorly trained and an after thought. Stay on your town teams with your friends.
              High respect for all those that volunteer to coach and/or plan the fundraising for your kid’s team. But for me, I hated the constant pressure to coach/assist coach because I was around or having to sell raffles to coworkers and family for kid’s town team. I would rather pay the tuition money, it’s not cheap but worth it to me, and leave all the coaching and admin stuff to someone else. I have enough going on at work, I can just watch and enjoy my kids having fun from the sideline. Watching them play is my therapy.

Comment

High respect for all those that volunteer to coach and/or plan the fundraising for your kid’s team. But for me, I hated the constant pressure to coach/assist coach because I was around or having to sell raffles to coworkers and family for kid’s town team. I would rather pay the tuition money, it’s not cheap but worth it to me, and leave all the coaching and admin stuff to someone else. I have enough going on at work, I can just watch and enjoy my kids having fun from the sideline. Watching them play is my therapy.
                Makes sense. $140 for town team $2800 for therapy

Comment

I have to agree with this post. Besides the poor soccer that is tolerated at almost every town team, the biggest PIA was the pressure to cover coaching duties and the annual guilt the family into buying raffles to support my kid’s team.

Comment

A lot of parent coaches do it because they enjoy it. I'd say about half are actually qualified to coach a low to mid-level team. Far less than that can properly run a top level team. But there are a few great parent-coached teams out there.

Comment

as you get older, there are few if any town teams and the competition gets weaker and weaker.
                      also coaching generally not as good as lower club teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X