Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pretty much every club will take an outside player for a top team over promoting a B team player if the players are equal. At the same time, in order for a current player to be replaced, a new player will likely have to be significantly better than the player that is being dropped. If the best player on the B team is at the same level as players 14-18 on the top team, it’s not worth the drama for the club to make that move.
    Exactly. More money by taking new player from another club as they already have the money from the current player. And for movement to occur two things have to happen - 1 a player has to be good enough to be pulled up and 2 a player on the higher team has to do enough to be moved down. If both don't happen then good player on lower team doesn't get moved. So it's absolutely true that the top 3-4 players on the B team are as good if not better than the bottom 3-4 players on the A team. Top players on the B team are used to playing the entire game while lower players on the A team are used to sitting the bench. Hmmm. It's working so why change it?

Comment

Having been involved in NH soccer for around 15 years I think (80-90%), kids are placed where they belong. Almost 100% of the time, parents over estimate their players ability and they underestimate their teammates ability. Also note, if your little player is on the bubble and you are a dick/like to coach from the sideline, bubble they shall stay.

Comment

I'm sure this is the case in many clubs where there is actual competition to get players. In NH it's not the case. Seacoast cares about keeping as many players as possible and they do it while dangling carrots in front of deserving second team players without any intention of ever moving them. Now they have the audacity to once again advertise their "pool system". Stay far away. Make the drive to MA if you're player is decent and you can at all handle that ride. Getting on the second team is being branded for life

Comment

I'm sure this is the case in many clubs where there is actual competition to get players. In NH it's not the case. Seacoast cares about keeping as many players as possible and they do it while dangling carrots in front of deserving second team players without any intention of ever moving them. Now they have the audacity to once again advertise their "pool system". Stay far away. Make the drive to MA if you're player is decent and you can at all handle that ride. Getting on the second team is being branded for life
          Stop making excuses for your child’s poor work ethic.

Comment

Interesting comment. During the course of the season, two players from a second team have been brought into the first team as f/t players. Another is a p/t player. Three more from different states have also been brought in and contribute and at least one looks like she will stick, maybe another.

We don't have an overly large roster so there is room, and with some players dropping their commitment level they have essentially been replaced. I think the other OP has it right: stop making excuses for your kid because in what I've seen, if there is a hard-working, quality player they will absolutely give them a shot. Happens every single year we've been there.

Comment

Interesting comment. During the course of the season, two players from a second team have been brought into the first team as f/t players. Another is a p/t player. Three more from different states have also been brought in and contribute and at least one looks like she will stick, maybe another.

We don't have an overly large roster so there is room, and with some players dropping their commitment level they have essentially been replaced. I think the other OP has it right: stop making excuses for your kid because in what I've seen, if there is a hard-working, quality player they will absolutely give them a shot. Happens every single year we've been there.
              You're known as the biggest Seacoast Kool aid drinker on the site, pal, so okay....that's really valuable insight. Seacoast does no wrong in your eyes. I get it.

At some ages the people with a clue got their kids out making space for all the B teamers to move up. At the other ages it's a joke. Top team has little to do with talent. Funny how my kid and her stellar work ethic couldn't crack the A team at crappy Seacoast, viewed as a joke around the region, but has moved to a far better A team elsewhere. In league that doesn't change every year. Love how nervous guys like you get when people start talking about building teams on talent and talent alone. Stay at Seacoast and you're little star is guaranteed her spot without having to work for it. You couldn't handle the competition anyway doosh.

Comment

You're known as the biggest Seacoast Kool aid drinker on the site, pal, so okay....that's really valuable insight. Seacoast does no wrong in your eyes. I get it.

At some ages the people with a clue got their kids out making space for all the B teamers to move up. At the other ages it's a joke. Top team has little to do with talent. Funny how my kid and her stellar work ethic couldn't crack the A team at crappy Seacoast, viewed as a joke around the region, but has moved to a far better A team elsewhere. In league that doesn't change every year. Love how nervous guys like you get when people start talking about building teams on talent and talent alone. Stay at Seacoast and you're little star is guaranteed her spot without having to work for it. You couldn't handle the competition anyway doosh.

Wow, hit a nerve, huh?

So, your kid moved on. Good for you. Enjoy it.

Nervous? Um, no. Reality is this the best opportunity for most kids. There is nothing close by to get to, so we make it work. We've turned down other opportunities in other areas since they aren't realistic options for our family, location-wise. Based on the offer we received, it wasn't a talent or competitive issue. But, you seem to know better.

We see new teams and new players every year; heck even their top league is new. Not sure how you can say "doesn't change" when it's the opposite.

Again, I won't speak for every team across the club. You, apparently, can. From our perspective, what you typed is not correct. Enjoy your A team elsewhere, it's evident that's what is important to you.

"Dooosh".

Comment

Following up on my previous post for additional info.

While my kid is in Seacoast, it's not all roses. There's been a lot of challenges and there is a lot they can improve on, top down. Some excellent coaches don't get their due. Some coaches are just "meh". Soccer leadership, we find, it approachable and great to work with.

There's a lot to like, and some not to. Everyone should pick what best suits them, when looking collectively everything that goes into what they want this to be. For many NH and ME (and in some cases, MA north shore), this is the highest level available to them. Positions on the club are competitive. Exposure to next levels is "pretty good" (other leagues in other areas are better, but not nearby). Games are competitive. Costs are in-line and when it's broken down on an hourly basis, reasonable.

I have my gripes and as mentioned, some things I'd change. But, overall, it's a positive experience and anyone reading these posts should consider responses that are overly emotional with a degree of skepticism.

Do your research, ask what you want out of a club before making any decisions.

Comment

WEAK Seacoast Schedule

So far this year I can't remember a weaker schedule of games and competition for my daughters seacoast team.

Too many of these club teams are becoming nothing more than town travel soccer.

Comment

Seacoast has left the nep. Who will the New Hampshire girls be playing against next season?

Comment

By looking at the MA board, it looks like every club but FC Stars and Aztec have left the NEP too. Sounds like the NECSL will be the new NEP

Comment

Not sure I’d call it empty promises, but they definitely have their pets who they highlight. Same few players get the accolades and press and they push them. A few are deserving, not all by any stretch. It’s the same at all clubs but SU goes overboard by breaking their own rules to accommodate their pets. So glad to be done with their politics. I watched plenty of more deserving players get treated like crap.

Comment

Do they have a goalkeeper coach yet or still planning on team coaches taking care of that?

Comment

Did their existing coach leave?

Comment

Yes, he went to UNH.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X