Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalie Gloves

Opinions on the best goalie gloves with finger saves for a U18 girl.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Both my kids (1 boy and 1 girl) are keepers and both have moved away from finger saves. The have both said the have a better feel for the ball without Both wear Nike gloves priced at $130 a pair. My thoughts are correct technique is hampered stiff fingers. Good luck!

Comment

My son has worn Uhlsport gloves for years, he gets them through his trainer. He has worn them with and without fingersavers. He has dislocated his pinky so many times I lost count. We really don't see any safety difference using them.

Comment

The best gloves are the ones she feels comfortable in.

Comment

Fingersaves are personal choice. Some of the best keepers in the world use them, others do not. Our keeper loves Nike and Reusch.

Comment

I prefer my girls to wear Isatona gloves

Comment

I agree, Nike, Adidas and Reusch are the best

Comment

but for sure- don't go with the cheapest stuff. You'll end up buying a lot more gloves. The investment in a higher-priced glove definitely pays off in longevity. And I highly recommend buying a pair of "training" gloves and a "match play" pair- You can spend less for training- $50-60. With the poor quality of practice fields, gloves get torn up quickly, so save the $120 set for matches.

Comment

Best investment is in Jumbo size Febreese

Comment

Originally posted by thebes20 View Post
                    Best investment is in Jumbo size Febreese
                    You can wash goalie gloves in "woollite" or any mild detergent, in cold water and hang to dry.

Comment

You can wash goalie gloves in "woollite" or any mild detergent, in cold water and hang to dry.
                      Not only that, but it's important that they be washed regularly to maintain their "grip". Hand wash in the sink with limited, mild detergent.

Comment

My daughter and I both play keeper and we moved from Reusch to Puma just this year and love the new gloves. One thing I like about the Puma gloves is that the finger saves are removable for custom designed support. The cost range from 80.00 to 120.00 depending on the size she wearsand where you buy them. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X