Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think if they miss their graduation after putting 13 years into their education - their should be a compromise or a solution to this problem - kids should not be told to miss their graduation to "prove" they are serious soccer players - they should be able to do both - girl or boy mom or dad - these are two big events in a young persons life and they should be able to enjoy them both
    How about after putting 9 or 10 years into their travel soccer and then finally getting a chance to win a state championship not going for a graduation ceremony? You can say that just as easily. Dont forget missing final four effects all the other players who have worked so hard to get their also, and missing graduation only effects you (if it really even does). I dont think this is any decision at all and FYSA should never try to accomodate a graduation. That's a joke. I guarantee you the only players who will be missing are the ones that know it wont matter to the rest of their team because they are the sixth man off the bench anyway!

Comment

This seems much to do about nothing if you ask me. Who is missing their graduation in 2 weeks? Which school is it?
      happens every year. bet you every team has at least one kid graduating on that saturday. kids miss graduation all the time for state cup, especially final four. tougher to miss prom than graduation. prom you remember.

Comment

I'm really surprised by this thread. I would think if a player is on a U18 state cup final four team they would be a serious player who would never think of leaving their team hanging at final four. You parents better be very careful of the message you send your kids with this one. Yes its unfortunate they have to choose between graduation and final four but one choice lets down their team mates who who worked their butts off for years to get to this point and your kids gonna turn their back on them for a piece of paper handed to them by someone they probably cant wait to never see again. They still graduate whether they go to the ceremony or not. Like I said, Im very surprised by these comments on here. Is this a Mom/Dad issue where Moms vote go to graduation and Dads vote go to final four?

Comment

I just read all posts on this thread. There really isnt anyone saying the kids should pick graduation over final four. gotta be a real loser to do that. If your a U18 even soccer mommy's have invested too much of their life in travel soccer to have their kid turn their back on their team now. No kid is picking graduation unless its a team with 18 players and they know their team would be better without them!

Comment

So what? You're going to lock her in her room until she graduates? She's going to run into boys sooner or later, prom or not.
            Surely you didn't believe that post? And don't call me Shirley.

Comment

This is why I am home schooling my 8 year old girl. she gets to practice soccer 3 hours a day as well as get her work done. Plus I do not have to worry about any boys doing anything to her at the prom/
              After being held in captivity it will be the BOYS that have to worry...not your daughter

Comment

This is why I am home schooling my 8 year old girl. she gets to practice soccer 3 hours a day as well as get her work done. Plus I do not have to worry about any boys doing anything to her at the prom/
                Please!

Comment

Surely you didn't believe that post? And don't call me Shirley.
                  What is not to believe. My daughter works out an hour in the morning, an hour before lunch and an hour in the early afternoon and plays for various area soccer teams in the early evening. She learns more at home for it is all one on one and is becoming a soccer sensation. As for boys, she will get married and have plenty of time for that. She will be respectable and not someones toy.

Comment

One word : Sacrifice and sorry if any of the coaches are gonna miss any star players for the next round.

Comment

I'm really surprised by this thread. I would think if a player is on a U18 state cup final four team they would be a serious player who would never think of leaving their team hanging at final four. You parents better be very careful of the message you send your kids with this one. Yes its unfortunate they have to choose between graduation and final four but one choice lets down their team mates who who worked their butts off for years to get to this point and your kids gonna turn their back on them for a piece of paper handed to them by someone they probably cant wait to never see again. They still graduate whether they go to the ceremony or not. Like I said, Im very surprised by these comments on here. Is this a Mom/Dad issue where Moms vote go to graduation and Dads vote go to final four?
                      This shouldnt be a Mom or Dad decision. If your son or daughter are true competitors and honestly care about their team mates they wont miss a state championship semi finals for a graduation ceremony. Its that simple. If they do they have been pretenders for all these past years.

Comment

I think if they miss their graduation after putting 13 years into their education - their should be a compromise or a solution to this problem - kids should not be told to miss their graduation to "prove" they are serious soccer players - they should be able to do both - girl or boy mom or dad - these are two big events in a young persons life and they should be able to enjoy them both
                        13 years???? What grade did they fail? Maybe they should have been hitting the books instead of kicking the soccer ball off the back of the house....

Comment

This is U18 people!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are they seriously going to leave their team mates cold at the last chance they have to win a state championship? That's cold. They will regret that forever.

Comment

The only school that I know that has graduation on saturday am of state cup is Bolles, so we can easily figure out which Mommy is on here complaining. Wake up and smell the roses, your kid is letting her team down, its that simple!!! Call it whatever you want. Graduation shouldnt come before her team mates and their chance to all win state cup! You're teaching her a very wrong message.

Comment

I just looked in Broward County and Orange County. No graduations until June. Again I have to ask what schools are graduating on May 22nd?

Comment

St. Andrews

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X