• Show
Clear All

Jurgan Klinsmann banned from Gold Cup final

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...024800395.html

is anyone watching ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      is anyone watching ?
      This is not a board for serious soccer fans. This is a board for mommies and daddies to boast about their own little Landon or Mia. If their kid ain't playing, they don't care.

FWIW - Brek Shea walked a goal into the net that Landon had put one frame. USA1-Panama 0. Andreas Herzog with the win.

Comment

"As perfunctory as it may have seemed for the USA, it feels like the start of a positive new era for the team. Since they last won the Gold Cup in 2007, they suffered excruciating losses in three straight cup finals: succumbing to Brazil in the 2009 Confederations Cup final after taking a two-goal lead, then losing the 2009 Gold Cup final 5-0 to Mexico and the 2011 Gold Cup final again to Mexico, that by a slightly better score of 4-2."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...225613392.html

Comment

This is not a board for serious soccer fans. This is a board for mommies and daddies to boast about their own little Landon or Mia. If their kid ain't playing, they don't care.

FWIW - Brek Shea walked a goal into the net that Landon had put one frame. USA1-Panama 0. Andreas Herzog with the win.
          I don't think Donovan got anything on that ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paOYZzvshJQ

Comment

I don't think Donovan got anything on that ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paOYZzvshJQ
            Yet as the replay shows and Wynalda pretty much acknowledged, it would have been a goal for Donovan even if Shea wasn't there.

Speaking of Shea, he fluffed a golden opportunity when he muffed a perfect pass from Donovan...a top striker would have at least had a decent first touch and very probably a goal.

Then there was Eddie Johnson....

Comment

Yet as the replay shows and Wynalda pretty much acknowledged, it would have been a goal for Donovan even if Shea wasn't there.

Speaking of Shea, he fluffed a golden opportunity when he muffed a perfect pass from Donovan...a top striker would have at least had a decent first touch and very probably a goal.

Then there was Eddie Johnson....
              Donovan said after the match that he didn't touch the ball. Eddie Johnson had a pretty good gold cp but was definitely a Shank-o-potamus on that play

Comment

that was Bedoya's from 25 yds out.

Comment

I have used that set play plenty of times....

Comment

Donovan said after the match that he didn't touch the ball. Eddie Johnson had a pretty good gold cp but was definitely a Shank-o-potamus on that play
                    Poster #6 here. Who are you going to believe, Landon Donovan or my lying eyes? ;-D

I put my reading glasses on and watched the replay again. Yep, he missed it!

(Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find some refs to criticize from the sideline. Handball!)

Comment

Eddie Johnson is not an inernational player.
                      His thuggish behavior with the head butt
                      says it all. Should have been sent off.

Comment

that was Bedoya's from 25 yds out.
                        Bedoya from BC ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X