Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Washington

Notices

Washington Discussions about Washington soccer.

Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wouldnít be hyping the crossfire tournament . I was there the other week and the standard of play was terrible especially from the boys side . Was kick and rush bounce ball . I watched an 07 game and I swear there was only 2 passes at most then kick it as far as you can and chase it . Was laughable . The younger ages looked reasonable but as soon as they got to the teenage years it was like no one cared about style of play it was just trying to not get beat .
Nah.

Completely disagree.

First serious competitive tournament for 10-12-14 months post COVID.

A number of teams Boys & Girls U15-U19 played some good stuff, you just had to look for the better teams, the better players, the better coaches, especially those at the Super Group Semi and Finals. A couple OR Teams also stood out as good to watch.

Stop expecting Euro 2020 from a youth soccer US Summer Tournament in WA.

Enjoy the remaining Summer Tournament Events this 2021. Could be worse, we could be back isolating in Summer 2020 with no soccer/sports at all.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Nah.

Completely disagree.

First serious competitive tournament for 10-12-14 months post COVID.

A number of teams Boys & Girls U15-U19 played some good stuff, you just had to look for the better teams, the better players, the better coaches, especially those at the Super Group Semi and Finals. A couple OR Teams also stood out as good to watch.

Stop expecting Euro 2020 from a youth soccer US Summer Tournament in WA.

Enjoy the remaining Summer Tournament Events this 2021. Could be worse, we could be back isolating in Summer 2020 with no soccer/sports at all.

A lot of these teams have played a number of tournaments already . It looked like none of the clubs had any sort of philosophy other then X-fire . Itís what I would call playing the percentages . What happened to passing it through the thirds ? You may as well just cut out the midfield and forget about them as all they do is chase . For professional coaching itís dire
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
A lot of these teams have played a number of tournaments already . It looked like none of the clubs had any sort of philosophy other then X-fire . Itís what I would call playing the percentages . What happened to passing it through the thirds ? You may as well just cut out the midfield and forget about them as all they do is chase . For professional coaching itís dire
XF is the best team with the best players. No argument. I also assume that get practice time at 60 Acres during the same. It cannot be ignore that a lot of other clubs play very little on grass fields. 60 Acres was in great shape for a youth tournament but it is still grass with uneven surfaces and over the top balls that do not just roll to the keeper. Given this, it is not too surprising to me that teams abandon building out of the back to boot and chase at these tournaments. So not the prettiest youth soccer in any year IMO.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
XF is the best team with the best players. No argument. I also assume that get practice time at 60 Acres during the same. It cannot be ignore that a lot of other clubs play very little on grass fields. 60 Acres was in great shape for a youth tournament but it is still grass with uneven surfaces and over the top balls that do not just roll to the keeper. Given this, it is not too surprising to me that teams abandon building out of the back to boot and chase at these tournaments. So not the prettiest youth soccer in any year IMO.
90% of XF Teams do NOT train at 60 Acres. Only the youngest players 2014, 2013 and maybe 2012s etc, so as to ensure the fields are beat up come weekend tournaments and games. The vast majority of teams continue to train on Turf at Marymoor, Grass Lawn, Hartman etc.

Most Clubs/Teams are desperate to win at XF given it's the best Club, the best Teams, and the best Tournament in the state of WA at anytime during the year. So yes, some teams abandon style of play and try to force wins by playing more direct. But the better coaches and better teams continue to work to possess, build through the thirds, as it is statistically proven to provide better results, especially over the long term.

Again, having watched 12+ games at the U15-U19 XF Tournament, and as all tournaments have, there were some bad teams/games, and there were some impressive teams/games.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Do you know what an a55 you sound like?