Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Euro cup not watered down??? Macedonia, Scotland.....even bland England. About as bland as their food.

What countries have the most exported players playing in Europe? Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay. How many English players you see playing outside of England?? Nowhere near as many. European leagues look to south America for the talented and gifted players. Soccer is not a European only sport. That is just ignorant to say. That's where you lose credibility.

Have you been to a stadium in Argentina or Brazil to watch a game? Makes the silly chants of England sound like nursery rhymes. Soccer is religion in most of South America - as it is in Europe. That's why its a world sport.
    They come to South America for players because their alot cheeper than in Europe.

Comment

Euro cup not watered down??? Macedonia, Scotland.....even bland England. About as bland as their food.

What countries have the most exported players playing in Europe? Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay. How many English players you see playing outside of England?? Nowhere near as many. European leagues look to south America for the talented and gifted players. Soccer is not a European only sport. That is just ignorant to say. That's where you lose credibility.

Have you been to a stadium in Argentina or Brazil to watch a game? Makes the silly chants of England sound like nursery rhymes. Soccer is religion in most of South America - as it is in Europe. That's why its a world sport.

First of all I didn't say soccer is a European sport only but the fact is that 6 out of the 10 best national teams are all European.
      Second, those South American players play in Europe because that's where the money is. If you had an option to play for peanuts in a no-name team in Argentina or Chile or you had the option to be picked up by Chelsea that plays in Premier League and Champions League and make millions what do you think you would choose? Hence another proof that soccer is the most prominent in Europe where clubs make and give away huge money. English players do not need to play outside of England to make a name for themselves and be recognized. They can be developed an play their whole career in England and have access to the best teams, best leagues and all the money the can think of. So your argument actually refutes your own point and strengthens mine.
      Third, I have not been to a soccer game in South America that's true. But I have grown up going to soccer games in several different countries in Europe and there's nothing like the atmosphere and the excitement European fans have. Soccer is huge there and European fans are diehard.

Comment

Silly analogy. Brazil has the most. Argentina has 2. Uruguay has 2. Only Germany and Italy have more.
        And of course you have to look at the number of countries in each region. If we break down that percentage, you lose that argument all day.
        Euro had 13 teams in the last WC. South America only had 5. Of course the odds favor Europe. Euro has won 12 World Cups. S.A. has won 9. I'd say South America has been proportionally MUCH more successful.
        But I don't say that to say S.A. is better then Euro. Or vice versa. Its a word sport.

BTW, England hasn't won one in 50+ years. And it was lucky at that. They have never been close since then (even though they "invented" the sport). They can take all that Coming Home crap to bed. LOLOLOL
        The only other team to sneak a win besides the ones I already mentioned above was Spain. And that's because they had a ridiculously golden mega squad. That group of players was sick. Literally once in a lifetime, because they won't win it again for a loooong while.
        If it's that good in S America then guess you won't be needing the west for financial aid & medical supplies. Oh wait, yes you Will.

Comment

Silly analogy. Brazil has the most. Argentina has 2. Uruguay has 2. Only Germany and Italy have more.
          And of course you have to look at the number of countries in each region. If we break down that percentage, you lose that argument all day.
          Euro had 13 teams in the last WC. South America only had 5. Of course the odds favor Europe. Euro has won 12 World Cups. S.A. has won 9. I'd say South America has been proportionally MUCH more successful.
          But I don't say that to say S.A. is better then Euro. Or vice versa. Its a word sport.

BTW, England hasn't won one in 50+ years. And it was lucky at that. They have never been close since then (even though they "invented" the sport). They can take all that Coming Home crap to bed. LOLOLOL
          The only other team to sneak a win besides the ones I already mentioned above was Spain. And that's because they had a ridiculously golden mega squad. That group of players was sick. Literally once in a lifetime, because they won't win it again for a loooong while.

OK let's follow your logic then … only 3 SA countries have managed to win the world cup while 5 different European countries won: Italy 4, Germany 4, France 2, Spain 1 and England 1. So your point is???

BTW you are right about English soccer though. Bland just as their food. But c'mon don't tell me watching the Italians or Portugals play does not get you excited!

Comment

First of all I didn't say soccer is a European sport only but the fact is that 6 out of the 10 best national teams are all European.
            Second, those South American players play in Europe because that's where the money is. If you had an option to play for peanuts in a no-name team in Argentina or Chile or you had the option to be picked up by Chelsea that plays in Premier League and Champions League and make millions what do you think you would choose? Hence another proof that soccer is the most prominent in Europe where clubs make and give away huge money. English players do not need to play outside of England to make a name for themselves and be recognized. They can be developed an play their whole career in England and have access to the best teams, best leagues and all the money the can think of. So your argument actually refutes your own point and strengthens mine.
            Third, I have not been to a soccer game in South America that's true. But I have grown up going to soccer games in several different countries in Europe and there's nothing like the atmosphere and the excitement European fans have. Soccer is huge there and European fans are diehard.
            jesus why am I even responding.

First, you absolutely DID say its a European sport. Here is the direct quote from your post: "Soccer is a European sport and always will be"

Second, the fact they play in Europe for the money doesn't help your point. It makes mine stronger. Its not like Argentinians and Brazilians are walking into Europe and asking around if there are any open soccer positions available. They are being scouted. European clubs are flying them over because of their talent. If there were so many talented English players, they wouldn't need to bring players in. Which BTW, the EPL brings in players from all over the world including Europe. The percentage of English players in its own league is under 35%. 2/3rds of EPL players are foreign. So much for English talent. Dummy

So to clear up my point, when European clubs go looking for the best players, South America is one of the places they primarily go. But Mason Mount looks promising. LOLOL

Comment

OK let's follow your logic then … only 3 SA countries have managed to win the world cup while 5 different European countries won: Italy 4, Germany 4, France 2, Spain 1 and England 1. So your point is???

BTW you are right about English soccer though. Bland just as their food. But c'mon don't tell me watching the Italians or Portugals play does not get you excited!
              Portugal, France, Italy, Belgium (Holland (historically) are amazing to watch. I agree. I never said they weren't. As a matter of fact, I specifically said they were exciting.

My point about the number World Cups was to show that its NOT dominated by Europe. Its not dominated by S.A. either. Europe has many more clubs competing. So I would expect them to always have more WC wins. That's just simple math.

Comment

Italy has been exciting for the last few months but the decades before was a bland as England. Peak Germany and France are definitely exciting, but so are Brazil and Argentina. Next level down you have Uruguay, Chile and Colombia which are pretty fun to watch as well, but I'm going with Europe on that second tier as you have the Dutch, Belgians, Portugal, Croatia etc.

I don't know. Seems like a pretty global sport with different nuances wherever you go. And maybe that's why it's the best in the world. Vive la differance!

Comment

Copa america exciting?
                  The fouling
                  Complaining
                  Flopping

Taken to a new level

Grown asssz men too

I’m sure it all tactical lol

Smh

Comment

jesus why am I even responding.

First, you absolutely DID say its a European sport. Here is the direct quote from your post: "Soccer is a European sport and always will be"

Second, the fact they play in Europe for the money doesn't help your point. It makes mine stronger. Its not like Argentinians and Brazilians are walking into Europe and asking around if there are any open soccer positions available. They are being scouted. European clubs are flying them over because of their talent. If there were so many talented English players, they wouldn't need to bring players in. Which BTW, the EPL brings in players from all over the world including Europe. The percentage of English players in its own league is under 35%. 2/3rds of EPL players are foreign. So much for English talent. Dummy

So to clear up my point, when European clubs go looking for the best players, South America is one of the places they primarily go. But Mason Mount looks promising. LOLOL
                    So what other country has more players play in the premier league more than England players.Youl d be better saying nothing, your making a right fool of yourself .

Comment

So what other country has more players play in the premier league more than England players.Youl d be better saying nothing, your making a right fool of yourself .
                      Typical S American. Their country's that good they decide not to live their lol.

Comment

If I was you I'd be more concerned with Covid in South America. Your doing well spreading that.
                        F U c Ki I n g racist as s h ole

Comment

Typical S American. Their country's that good they decide not to live their lol.
                          Che pelotudo segi hablando!!

Comment

Best 3 players in the history of the game, typical of South America. Drop the mic on that!

Comment

True since they are the best in the world they have to travel.

Comment

Italy has been exciting for the last few months but the decades before was a bland as England. Peak Germany and France are definitely exciting, but so are Brazil and Argentina. Next level down you have Uruguay, Chile and Colombia which are pretty fun to watch as well, but I'm going with Europe on that second tier as you have the Dutch, Belgians, Portugal, Croatia etc.

I don't know. Seems like a pretty global sport with different nuances wherever you go. And maybe that's why it's the best in the world. Vive la differance!
                                Wow....that's one of the most logical posts on TS. Get out of here with your logic and polite attitude. How dare you have a cordial conversation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X