X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    XF Cheerleader
    Lol I get your joke. Any statement that is positive of a club seems like a cheerleader to someone with an axe to grind. Let me guess someone cut your kid from XF and you still are in shock your kid wasn't seen as the next Messi. And believe it or not we are not and have never played at XF. But I am adult enough to point out both the pros and cons of a good policy. Subsidizing ECNL fees is a good thing no matter how you look at it. I wish our club would do the same but I do not like XF enough to move over there.

Comment

Lol I get your joke. Any statement that is positive of a club seems like a cheerleader to someone with an axe to grind. Let me guess someone cut your kid from XF and you still are in shock your kid wasn't seen as the next Messi. And believe it or not we are not and have never played at XF. But I am adult enough to point out both the pros and cons of a good policy. Subsidizing ECNL fees is a good thing no matter how you look at it. I wish our club would do the same but I do not like XF enough to move over there.

Not going to join in the on the XF are heathens debate. They are no different than any other ECNL club - just have more money. And, no, not a XF parent.

Question I have is about the subsidizing...why do you think it's good and who is it benefiting? Full disclosure - my kid has aged out so no ax to grind here. Just not sure I buy into the "little johnny on the B team should be subsidizing those on the A team" unless he gets the same level of training/coaching. The idea being that if his talent level increases to A team level then he would then benefit from the subsidizing. Right now the big clubs do not promote from within so the subsidizing is really paying for someone else to improve....not sure that I buy into that business model from a player development standpoint.

Comment

XF Cheerleader who thinks the grass is always greener... Stop being a Bernie fanboy

Comment

XF doesn't develop players they just take players from other clubs. Basically no upward movement at crossfire after they increase to 11v11.

If your on B team and hanging around for a chance at A you are much better off switching clubs if your kid can make A team somewhere else. If you are C team at XF you are put out to pasture and expected to fulfill tournament obligations to other clubs and foot the bill for ECNL.
          Bull****.

An absolute crock of sh*t.

XF allows training across any Teams, any age group, any level, and with any coach, you and your son/daughter simply have to communicate effectively, not bitch and moan on an anonymous forum.

With first hand knowledge (both son/daughter play at XF) of movement up and down, I've seen plenty of players progress from C to B to A to ECNL etc. This past Tryouts May 2021 there were 4 players moved up from B06C to B06B, with another 4 players moved up to B06 ECNL 2, and another 3 players moved up to B06 ECNL 1. Both B06 ECNL Teams qualified for ECNL Nationals Champions League (top event/bracket with ECNL for Nationals).

Basically... your kid got cut or didn't move up and you wanna bitch and moan.

Get a f*ucking grip and move on.

Regardless of any personal involvement or not, results show, wins/scholarships/exposure/development etc, XF is hands down the best Club in the state of WA, despite any issues it may have. And like every club, XF has its issues. With that said, either get on with it or find another sport you soft little b*tch.

Comment

Bull****.

XF allows training across any Teams, any age group, any level, and with any coach, you and your son/daughter simply have to communicate effectively, not bitch and moan on an anonymous forum.

With first hand knowledge (both son/daughter play at XF) of movement up and down, I've seen plenty of players progress from C to B to A to ECNL etc. This past Tryouts May 2021 there were 4 players moved up from B06C to B06B, with another 4 players moved up to B06 ECNL 2, and another 3 players moved up to B06 ECNL 1. Both B06 ECNL Teams qualified for ECNL Nationals Champions League (top event/bracket with ECNL for Nationals).

Regardless of any personal involvement or not, results show, wins/scholarships/exposure/development etc, XF is hands down the best Club in the state of WA, despite any issues it may have. And like every club, XF has its issues. With that said, either get on with it or find another sport you soft little b*tch.
            XF is the best club, but you and your kid have to handle the meat grinder. Most parents do not REALLY understand about the club besides being the best or worst, miscalculating the
            skill level of your kid relative to the other players. It is really hard for many parents to
            accept that their kid isn't that athletic or can play in college. So, take it easy.

But, the OP is correct about moving to another club. Once a coach has an impression about
            your kid, nothing will change that opinion, just like at work. If your kid is not happy,
            move to another club. It is ok. I have seen too many players who should have left stay
            too long and didn't develop properly. They always leave the club anyway, but way too late
            to do anything about it. It is sad. Time is the currency, not ego. Go to somewhere where
            your kid can develop. However....

Scholarship for boys? Seriously, get a grip, dad. I assume your kid is an ECNL boy 06.
            He will be lucky if he can play for a community college or if he is a good student, a D3
            or maybe a D2. Your kid has to compete against Internationals and MLS and smart kids.
            HS will probably be the highest level he plays at, so enjoy the time and stop the f-bombs
            for a kid's sport.

College commit for girls? XF is doing great. SU is doing a pretty good job with their list. PacNW and WPFC send them local, but good list. Eastside is lagging and they need to get their butt in gear, a bit too country club up in Preston.

Comment

XF is the best club, but you and your kid have to handle the meat grinder. Most parents do not REALLY understand about the club besides being the best or worst, miscalculating the
              skill level of your kid relative to the other players. It is really hard for many parents to
              accept that their kid isn't that athletic or can play in college. So, take it easy.

But, the OP is correct about moving to another club. Once a coach has an impression about
              your kid, nothing will change that opinion, just like at work. If your kid is not happy,
              move to another club. It is ok. I have seen too many players who should have left stay
              too long and didn't develop properly. They always leave the club anyway, but way too late
              to do anything about it. It is sad. Time is the currency, not ego. Go to somewhere where

Scholarship for boys? Seriously, get a grip, dad. I assume your kid is an ECNL boy 06.
              He will be lucky if he can play for a community college or if he is a good student, a D3
              or maybe a D2. Your kid has to compete against Internationals and MLS and smart kids.
              HS will probably be the highest level he plays at, so enjoy the time and stop the f-bombs
              for a kid's sport.

College commit for girls? XF is doing great. SU is doing a pretty good job with their list. PacNW and WPFC send them local, but good list. Eastside is lagging and they need to get their butt in gear, a bit too country club up in Preston.
              +1 But I would add, leave if YOUR KID is not happy. It's mostly for fun, a recreation activity for our kids to enjoy until they leave home. Don't poison the experience.

Comment

Bull****.

And this is the typical XF mentality. Another level of crazy.

Comment

Less than 2% of high school athletes (1 in 57) go on to play at NCAA Division I schools.

So on your 18 roster ECNL, .36 might make it. Less than one. The best player on the team has less than a 50/50 shot.

Everyone else will have played from U-Littles through U19 for fun!!!!

So chill out dad's. This is all for fun! All the angry posts will be all for nothing some day.

Another thing to consider is that you or your kids have chosen a sport that is one of the most subjective sports that exists, as far as picking talent and deciding who goes on the the next level.

https://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/...lent-id.16745/

Easy to get caught up in the drama.

Try to enjoy the ride folks.

Comment

Don’t be obtuse. 1 in 57 is that rate for ALL HS athletes. ECNL has a much higher rate than .36 per team. 90 percent of ECNL players go on to play in college with most at D1 programs. The 10 percent that don’t play likely have the ability but would rather focus on academics. I’d be willing to bet NPL and RCL teams have a higher rate of 1 in 57. The rate, obviously goes down as the level of competition does. The term “HS athletes” includes a ton of kids playing RCL D4, HS only, or Select that have no desire to play on college.

Comment

Less than 2% of high school athletes (1 in 57) go on to play at NCAA Division I schools.

So on your 18 roster ECNL, .36 might make it. Less than one. The best player on the team has less than a 50/50 shot.

So chill out dad's. This is all for fun! All the angry posts will be all for nothing some day.

Another thing to consider is that you or your kids have chosen a sport that is one of the most subjective sports that exists, as far as picking talent and deciding who goes on the the next level.

So only 1 girl for every 3 U18/U19 ECNL team makes it to D1? So only 3 girls when D1 this past year out of all the teams.....oh boy!

Comment

Agree that soccer scholarships are very competitive and also that soccer is subjective BUT a huge part of getting recruited for any sport/division is how the athlete markets themself to colleges. Don't wait to be discovered or for the club coach to refer you. That happens, but the athlete shouldn't be passive. Parents need to educate themselves on the process and guide their kid -- it's like a job search. You don't need to join expensive search engines of anything. Make a list of schools of interest across divisions that seem like an athletic and academic fit and start sending emails to coaches. Create a youtube channel with game footage. Most kids won't get a scholarship but soccer can be a leg up on admissions at many schools and add to the college experience.

Re: the subjectivity of the game. One of my kids had a rough time with several coaches & moved around a bit, but will be playing for her dream school in the fall. This spring she even had a coach from a rival club ask her after a game if she'd committed because he wanted to refer her to some schools but she was already set. The recruitment process does end in disappointment sometimes but it's an opportunity to encourage our kids to be tenacious and learn that "you should never let someone else tell you who you are."

Comment

for a kid's sport.

I agree with most of this, but the last paragraph is off, apart from the XF bit. Eastside, Pac, WPFC have all had their share of success stories and teams where almost all the players have ended up playing in college (players from those clubs have played for Stanford, Cal, UW, Utah, Santa Clara, WSU, etc in recent years). Reign has also done very well in a relatively short time (and a lot of kids now at XF, Eastside and SU actually committed while at Reign and before playing any games at the clubs where they finished out their last year or two after moving due to the uncertainty last spring or wanting to play hs while da wouldn't allow that). Reign 03/04's will end up with college placements as good or better than most of the local 04 teams. The SU '21 list looks relatively impressive mostly because of kids who committed while at Reign (and some high academic kids who got into top schools based on academics; kudos to them), but SU doesn't have any real track record of placing girls with college programs. That should improve if they can keep their younger teams together.

Comment

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...lege-athletics

The real stats, friend, but very close and appreciate your point.

Woman's Soccer.
                            High School Participants - 394,105
                            NCAA Participants - 28,310
                            Overall % HS to NCAA - 7.2%
                            % HS to NCAA Division I - 2.4%
                            % HS to NCAA Division II - 1.9%
                            % HS to NCAA Division III - 2.9%

Note: 5% of did only HS soccer, 6% did only club soccer, 88% did BOTH. (2019)
                            Is ECNL the best aggregator? Yes, but still keep this in mind.
                            GAL is going to do fine? Yes, but still keep this in mind.
                            Other unknown leagues going to do ok? Yes, but still keep this in mind.
                            Are international players taking roster spots? Hell yes, but still keep this mind.

Dads, really calm down. It's ok. By U16, you should know where your little girl is at.
                            I am looking at our ECNL roster and let's say much less than 18 girls will be committed.
                            Good chance mine will not, but it is ok. She is a great student and works very hard at everything. She will do fine anywhere she goes. Whole point of this is for my dd can feed herself when I am gone.

Be at peace, guys.

Comment

Agree that soccer scholarships are very competitive and also that soccer is subjective BUT a huge part of getting recruited for any sport/division is how the athlete markets themself to colleges. Don't wait to be discovered or for the club coach to refer you. That happens, but the athlete shouldn't be passive. Parents need to educate themselves on the process and guide their kid -- it's like a job search. You don't need to join expensive search engines of anything. Make a list of schools of interest across divisions that seem like an athletic and academic fit and start sending emails to coaches. Create a youtube channel with game footage. Most kids won't get a scholarship but soccer can be a leg up on admissions at many schools and add to the college experience.

Re: the subjectivity of the game. One of my kids had a rough time with several coaches & moved around a bit, but will be playing for her dream school in the fall. This spring she even had a coach from a rival club ask her after a game if she'd committed because he wanted to refer her to some schools but she was already set. The recruitment process does end in disappointment sometimes but it's an opportunity to encourage our kids to be tenacious and learn that "you should never let someone else tell you who you are."
                              +1. Truth. Good thoughts and luck to your dd.

Comment

+1. Truth. Good thoughts and luck to your dd.
                                Thank you.

I want to add another note of encouragement. For kids who don't get recruited but want to keep playing, try for a walk on spot at your school if you think your ability is in line with the athletes at your school. We know quite a few kids who are D3 walk ons having a great experience with their teams. My older kid was a recruited D3 athlete in her main sport was also offered a spot on the basketball team at her college after admission. She declined the option of a second sport in order to maintain some balance & focus on classes...but you never know what opportunities might be out there. Don't be afraid to contact the coach after admission

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X