Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes the top programs so good?

I was looking at the results of the rainier cup, and focused on the youngest age groups. I was wondering at that age what are teams like xf and wp doing differently than average clubs? At 2013 and 2012 they are already dominating. What kind of training are they getting when they are so young? They can't be accumulating talent that young can they? Just a new soccer parent trying to understand.

Is this an infomercial or advertorial?

Comment

Yes, what are they feeding those 8 year olds at Crossfire ? Probably just great coaching and genetics. Congratulations!

Comment

XF and WP are well established and large clubs, that is going to attract new family every year and statistically a handful of them will be great players. Yes the programs are great and I am sure most of their coaches are great, but it really is a numbers game at that age. More players = more chance of having strong players.

Comment

If a club gets well over 100 players at tryout for those age groups it stands to reason they will field several competitive teams. Most of the kids in the top of the XF system have multiple years of playing experience by the time the RCL thing starts.

Comment

Demographics of the population both geographic and financial coupled with well run programs and staffed with decent training.

Comment

Some of it is population size and some of it is reputation. XF attracts a lot of the top players from a very young age, especially on the boys side.

Comment

The larger clubs attract new players every year. The smaller to medium clubs lose players every year. Sometimes you will see an exception where a medium club can hold onto its core players for a team and be completive. Most of the time, they will check to see if the grass is greener at a different club.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  The larger clubs attract new players every year. The smaller to medium clubs lose players every year. Sometimes you will see an exception where a medium club can hold onto its core players for a team and be completive. Most of the time, they will check to see if the grass is greener at a different club.
                  Correct. Especially with all the politics that happen with EPD and OPD where the coach of that age group will pick an egregious number his own clubs kids. Kids feel like they have to move to a bigger club. Tie goes to the bigger clubs kids.

Comment

I agree that big clubs make a difference through a bigger player pool to select from. The top 5 clubs all have huge player pools. But I don't think that is the only reason. I think there are differences in culture, competitiveness or not, XF is known for dropping kids and bringing in new kids. Vs pulling up. Also training makes a big impact. It could just be the format which they train or it could be by design from the coaches. If it was just player pool then the top 5 clubs would primarily all be on par with each other consistently each year across all divisions, ages, and genders.

Comment

XF doesn't develop players they just take players from other clubs. Basically no upward movement at crossfire after they increase to 11v11.

If your on B team and hanging around for a chance at A you are much better off switching clubs if your kid can make A team somewhere else. If you are C team at XF you are put out to pasture and expected to fulfill tournament obligations to other clubs and foot the bill for ECNL.

Comment

XF doesn't develop players they just take players from other clubs. Basically no upward movement at crossfire after they increase to 11v11.

If your on B team and hanging around for a chance at A you are much better off switching clubs if your kid can make A team somewhere else. If you are C team at XF you are put out to pasture and expected to fulfill tournament obligations to other clubs and foot the bill for ECNL.
                        No different than real life!

Comment

While I agree with your statements about kids parked on B and C teams, I always cringe when I hear people say everyone is footing the bill for ECNL. Why do you care how the club runs its finance. That's like complaining about what's on the McDonalds dollar menu and moaning that the expensive Big Mac is footing the bill for the double cheeseburgers. Get over it. you don't run the club or have any insight into its finances. Your option is to pay for the service you are receiving or leave. The ECNL teams have alot......alot....more travel than a C team. Also more weekly commitments. Also more cost for privates and outside club training to try to keep up. It's expensive for some and while I am not defending everything XF does nor am I a XF cheerleader. I think funding some of the ECNL costs from any club is applause worthy. Typically really disgruntled parents with kids that are not actually the athlete the parents think they are complain about this.

Comment

If your dd isn't on the A/ECNL team by U13 at XF, just leave and go to one of the other clubs where your kid can develop. You can always come back after at U16 when it really starts to count. One thing about XF is that they give everyone a chance to take another players job, UNLESS you are the kid of a coach, big donor, or second wife/indentured servant team manager. Look at the G04, 05 as a good example. But otherwise,
                            they are pretty fair about it and parents who send their kids into this meat grinder should not complain.

The objective is college ball at this point with scholarships or a tip to a college. Your dd
                            needs to show well at the ID camps where individual skills and being to play at a high speed of play with good players are paramount. Players will yell at your dd if she is not there, meaning do not go UW or Gongaza ID camp if your dd is not close to P5 D1 or Mid-major D1.
                            Thanks for the donation to soccer team.

Unfortunately, being on a good team can mask where your dd is at. ID camps will expose your dd as good or not so good. Can't hide behind the XF brand, friend. See you at the camps. Good luck.

Comment

While I agree with your statements about kids parked on B and C teams, I always cringe when I hear people say everyone is footing the bill for ECNL. Why do you care how the club runs its finance. That's like complaining about what's on the McDonalds dollar menu and moaning that the expensive Big Mac is footing the bill for the double cheeseburgers. Get over it. you don't run the club or have any insight into its finances. Your option is to pay for the service you are receiving or leave. The ECNL teams have alot......alot....more travel than a C team. Also more weekly commitments. Also more cost for privates and outside club training to try to keep up. It's expensive for some and while I am not defending everything XF does nor am I a XF cheerleader. I think funding some of the ECNL costs from any club is applause worthy. Typically really disgruntled parents with kids that are not actually the athlete the parents think they are complain about this.
                              XF Cheerleader

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X