Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why do people believe that MF Shore would ever be given ECNL?

Match Fit has no political power, the main branch is not even a "top" ecnl club, and there's already 7-8 clubs that serve NJ players.
    It won't, but it will be spun that the 09 team got the badge. The real truth will be that the kids that make it are the regular ECNL squad from Denville but that will be allowed to practice in Tinton Falls. That's not a location getting a badge.

Comment

It won't, but it will be spun that the 09 team got the badge. The real truth will be that the kids that make it are the regular ECNL squad from Denville but that will be allowed to practice in Tinton Falls. That's not a location getting a badge.
      Not saying that the 09 team doesn’t deserve it, but asking what that means for the players in the North??? Was it always assumed that the 09 team would be the team and all their hard work was for nothing or would they be forced to drive to shore if they were picked up for the team? It seems really muddy, not exactly a “clear pathway” .

Comment

Wait, I read post after post for months saying the MF Shore 2009s would never play in ECNL? Are you telling me those coaches posting were wrong?

Comment

Wait, I read post after post for months saying the MF Shore 2009s would never play in ECNL? Are you telling me those coaches posting were wrong?
          I don’t recall reading that. But I am sure when RT posted he made sure to assure everyone they would. I don’t think there was a doubt they would be ECNL team.

Comment

So wait, the are ‘sharing’ the badge? Or taking it from the existing team up north?

Comment

Not saying that the 09 team doesn’t deserve it, but asking what that means for the players in the North??? Was it always assumed that the 09 team would be the team and all their hard work was for nothing or would they be forced to drive to shore if they were picked up for the team? It seems really muddy, not exactly a “clear pathway” .
              It means that those girls will be given a shot to "try out", but the assumption is that none make it or if they do they become bench players for an expanded roster. I fell terrible for the north pre-ecnl team, but the fate of the entire team was sealed when RT came over with his team and they scrimmaged.

Comment

So wait, the are ‘sharing’ the badge? Or taking it from the existing team up north?
                Nope. The badge remains in the North as they'll still have to play their games there. This is just a practicing arrangement.

Comment

Nope. The badge remains in the North as they'll still have to play their games there. This is just a practicing arrangement.
                  You don't know as much as you think you know

Comment

Never been said. It's always been stated that MF wouldn't get a second ECNL badge and that it would be based out of the shore location. Having a team practicing out of the shore with the single MF badge and then playing out of Denville isn't what anyone has been commenting on.

Comment

Heres something everyone seems to not understand. The ECNL starts at U13, which this 09 team will be in the fall. There is absolutely no reason why these kids wouldn't get that spot. I really don't think that's what the concern is. The big announcement is going to be that this team gets the ECNL and will be practicing out of the Shore location. Oh boy, what a major announcement. It's not like these kids weren't going to get it. Now, a question that has been brought up is what about the existing pre-ecnl team in Denville. These kids will need to tryout for the ECNL team just like the Shore kids would need to. DB would want to make this seem legit. But, the Shore team will def be the team with maybe one or two of the top existing kids from the pre-ecnl team. The Shore location is not getting a ECNL division, just getting the U13 ECNL to practice at their location with home games in Denville. Not really sure how this is a big announcement since these kids were going into the ECNL in the fall regardless. Someone asked why the Shore location, and thats simple. Tetro knew that some kids, like the PA kids, wouldn't travel to Denville to practice. If he didn't donsething drastic, he would lose them to PDA. So, he convinced DB to let him do practices at his location. Again, how this is a major announcement is beyond me. No one ever questioned the kids getting it. A question I would like to know is why did the Shore lose the St. John location for practices and are now at Momouth Regional.

Comment

You don't know as much as you think you know
                        Then enlighten us. It's RT becoming DECNL for all of MF? Is MF North getting a second badge? Are they moving their badge to the shore? We're all waiting for your news bomb. 💋

Comment

It means that those girls will be given a shot to "try out", but the assumption is that none make it or if they do they become bench players for an expanded roster. I fell terrible for the north pre-ecnl team, but the fate of the entire team was sealed when RT came over with his team and they scrimmaged.
                          Yes. North gets screwed. Trust me when I say that there is no love for RT in the North. Which I guess is no surprise.

Comment

Seems the only way this works is if they both have the badge.

Comment

Watch this big announcement be something about a ECRL division at the Shore. I'd more excited that D&D is doing a free coffee Thursday than this **** news...

Comment

Yes. North gets screwed. Trust me when I say that there is no love for RT in the North. Which I guess is no surprise.

I wonder if those players will jump ship? Or will stay not knowing their fate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X