Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with EMSC

There seems to be plenty chatter all over the net about that club. I remember when my kids played there, they enjoyed soccer. From the looks of it, that changed and somehow it is being run by a board that cares about making money and not the kids. One post said the director of coaching over there is doing whatever he wants at the detriment of EMSC's reputation of being once upon a time a very well run club under Eric, Anne, Tom, Sean and CJ.
    What happened, and how can a club of this stature allow itself to be ruled by coaches? This was never the case in the past, or at any club elsewhere. Sounds like the director is in bed with the board. Is this common at other LI Soccer clubs these days?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There seems to be plenty chatter all over the net about that club. I remember when my kids played there, they enjoyed soccer. From the looks of it, that changed and somehow it is being run by a board that cares about making money and not the kids. One post said the director of coaching over there is doing whatever he wants at the detriment of EMSC's reputation of being once upon a time a very well run club under Eric, Anne, Tom, Sean and CJ.
    What happened, and how can a club of this stature allow itself to be ruled by coaches? This was never the case in the past, or at any club elsewhere. Sounds like the director is in bed with the board. Is this common at other LI Soccer clubs these days?
    Parents who say these things normally have low achieving kids.

Comment

Parents who say these things normally have low achieving kids.
      So are you saying there is no truth to this? It is all over. In my experience, where there is smoke there is a fire. Let us be constructive here.

Comment

So are you saying there is no truth to this? It is all over. In my experience, where there is smoke there is a fire. Let us be constructive here.
        In my experience parents with under achieving children are usually the problem on teams

Comment

In my experience parents with under achieving children are usually the problem on teams
          That is a problem that been around for years common to all clubs. Coaches worth their weight should have the training to manage and bring out the best in all children no matter their skill levels and ages. I suspect this is not the case anymore at EMSC. Besides that in the past there was a management that made the soccer needs of children of all skill levels the number 1 thing at the club. When did this change? Coaches should never have so much power to run a club. Why has the current managers at the club let this happen?

Comment

this makes no sense at all, a soccer club should be ruled by the coaches and not parents. parents running any youth sports program is the problem for any sport. if this is your gripe then sounds like emsc actually has it right.

this sounds like someone's kid was cut by a coach and you being a complete snowflake karen wants to just complain about it.

Comment

That is a problem that been around for years common to all clubs. Coaches worth their weight should have the training to manage and bring out the best in all children no matter their skill levels and ages. I suspect this is not the case anymore at EMSC. Besides that in the past there was a management that made the soccer needs of children of all skill levels the number 1 thing at the club. When did this change? Coaches should never have so much power to run a club. Why has the current managers at the club let this happen?
              everyone's "best" is different. coaches dont wave a wand to make it so your kid doesnt make the team you want to be on and yes, that means sometimes your kid doesnt get to be on the same team as his best friend. accept where your kid is athletically and move on.

Comment

this makes no sense at all, a soccer club should be ruled by the coaches and not parents. parents running any youth sports program is the problem for any sport. if this is your gripe then sounds like emsc actually has it right.

this sounds like someone's kid was cut by a coach and you being a complete snowflake karen wants to just complain about it.
                The most nonesense I have read on this site. In the past EMSC was run by management that cared for all children. Coaches never ran the club the board did. Their only job was to put together soccer training to make it a safe, fun and enjoyable environment for all children. My kids are long gone from this club and we still live in East Meadow. It is a shame to see something we were once proud of turn into someone's personal playground. Are you with the club?

Comment

everyone's "best" is different. coaches dont wave a wand to make it so your kid doesnt make the team you want to be on and yes, that means sometimes your kid doesnt get to be on the same team as his best friend. accept where your kid is athletically and move on.
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAH...I dunno but it dont seem like it was a question of best. The best althetic soccer players have already moved on. OP is right on point, the board there is a bunch of flukies. EM is never about the kids but the money and parent looking to pay for "better" and that is the problem with soccer there.

Comment

Oh you saw it on BotN? Must be true.

We are there and there is no perfect club. Pluses and minuses with everyday club. We are happy and have been for years and it’s impossible these days to please these crazy parents.

Comment

How about you explain bud? A lot of words but no substance.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;3020798]Oh you saw it on BotN? Must be true.

This is very appreciated, must be one of the lowest points in the club's history.

Comment

More kids leaving for SUSA from 2011!!

Comment

More kids leaving for SUSA from 2011!!
                            Have fun. Susa 2011 already has 6 teams for next season

Comment

What's wrong with EMSC

Have fun. Susa 2011 already has 6 teams for next season
                              thats awesome....can anyone say $$$CACHING$$$???!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X