Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The little town clubs are constantly complaining on here. Pretty pathetic. If you want your daughter to play at top level just move to GA club. Plenty of good ones around in our area and they play in top league in the country as well. This relegation talk is just sour grapes nonsense.
    I prefer not to pay 3K-5K a year to play for an "academy" team when we can kick the crap out of them while playing for a "little town club" at a fraction of the cost.

Comment

I prefer not to pay 3K-5K a year to play for an "academy" team when we can kick the crap out of them while playing for a "little town club" at a fraction of the cost.
      Yeah ok like those exist anymore. Maybe at U8. If you’re a quality player and you’re not playing GA you’re wasting your talent.

Comment

Yeah ok like those exist anymore. Maybe at U8. If you’re a quality player and you’re not playing GA you’re wasting your talent.
        Take away the badge and give every team an opportunity to play in any league and I guarantee the landscape of youth soccer changes.

Comment

Kiss my a**

Comment

Something along those lines but required for everyone. The current system is broken. I am in no way advocating for a win at all costs structure. Just trying to have an adult conversation. The current structure is focused on $$$. It's a business. Parents feed the business.. Wash rinse, repeat.

Sorry for using TS to have a soccer conversation. Everyone go back to bashing each other!!
            Competitive soccer is expensive facilities and professional training. Rec soccer is very cheap because it mostly uses public fields and volunteer coaches. The expenses are always going to be there and someone has to pay them. The only way competitive soccer for girls becomes cheaper is that NWSL picks up the tab and that won't happen for some time.

Comment

Competitive soccer is expensive facilities and professional training. Rec soccer is very cheap because it mostly uses public fields and volunteer coaches. The expenses are always going to be there and someone has to pay them. The only way competitive soccer for girls becomes cheaper is that NWSL picks up the tab and that won't happen for some time.
              Agreed. It's focused on money because someone has to pay. In pro academies it's the clubs. They want to develop players to sell jerseys/merch or they sell the player and reinvest. Until the top level gets sorted out the youth level will be a ****show. And this is for the men's side also if you ask me.

Comment

Agree. Should be promotion/relegation. It’s common sense.

Agreed. It's focused on money because someone has to pay. In pro academies it's the clubs. They want to develop players to sell jerseys/merch or they sell the player and reinvest. Until the top level gets sorted out the youth level will be a ****show. And this is for the men's side also if you ask me.

Comment

It is. People that post otherwise are just being churlish or don’t understand how the game is meant to be played.

Agree. Should be promotion/relegation. It’s common sense.

Comment

Seeing as very few GA or ECNL teams ever play "township clubs" especially from u15 and up, how do you plan to do that? Also, I'm guessing your kid doesn't plan on playing past HS.

Comment

NWSL...HAHAHA...They won't even pick up the tab for WNT players and skimp on facilities as it is. Plus they have all of 10 teams across the country. At least MLS has 27, most with full time academies.

Here you go, you want a new system. Here it is.

1. Only 1 organization allowed to oversee the entire sport so bye-bye US Club Soccer
                      2. Break country down into at least 8 regions with regions
                      3. Create league divisions inside region limiting travel to no more then 2hrs
                      4. Form team divisions by strength with equal amount of teams in each
                      5. Allow for teams to play a minimum of 2 matches outside their league division with same team division level teams
                      6. Create ranking system for region level for clubs based on teams performance (because clubs and parents love to compare things)
                      7. Mandatory that all teams in state must compete in state cup with 1st and 2nd as automatic qualifiers to regional tournament
                      8. Create a regional tournament with state cup 1st and 2nd qualifiers as well as 1st and 2nd in each league division and no more than 32 teams.
                      A. First round will be round robin style with 4 teams per group and top 2 moving on
                      B. Second round will be round robin style with top 2 moving on
                      C. Third round will be round robin style with top 2 moving on
                      D. Semi finals 1 plays 2 and 2 plays 1 from last round - best of 2 matches
                      E. Finals - Winners play for 1st and losers play for 3rd - best of 2 matches
                      9. Create a nationals where top 3 teams from each region advance
                      A. First round (seeding is by drawing) 6 teams per group splint into 2 round robin (2
                      matches) with final of 1 playing 2 and 2 playing 1. Top 2 move on
                      B. Second round (seeding by drawing) 8 team bracket best of 2 matches winner moves
                      on
                      C. Semi finals (matches by drawing) best of two
                      D. Finals - Winners play for 1st and losers play for 3rd - best of 2 matches
                      10. Create a national club ranking structure based on results of year (because clubs and parents love that ****)

With this system no one can cry over who's team is better as it removes the 1 game on any given day can win garbage. With the top 2 teams in lower brackets it allows for mistakes or missing players to not be as much a factor and with best of 2 allows for bad games to be corrected.

Is this feasible? Maybe not as the top 4 teams will have played 21 matches to reach that spot. But it would ensure only the best make it.

Comment

Absolutely correct. Does yours???!!! Why? Lol.

Seeing as very few GA or ECNL teams ever play "township clubs" especially from u15 and up, how do you plan to do that? Also, I'm guessing your kid doesn't plan on playing past HS.

Comment

Her dream is to be the next Carli Lloyd.

Comment

Okay. That’s not my daughter’s dream. Good luck to all!!!

Her dream is to be the next Carli Lloyd.

Comment

Take away the badge and give every team an opportunity to play in any league and I guarantee the landscape of youth soccer changes.
                              Agreed 100%! Why are leagues like GA (as the top league) so closed off to other town clubs/teams that could easily compete? Is it just protecting their business?

Comment

Same. Just wants to be very good hs player and play on a top club team and go to college on academics. Everyone’s different. I’m glad she thinks that way though so I can laugh at this website. Lol! Good luck to all the girls though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X