Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ha Ha Ha....Pee Wee Google is a great search engine and we live in a great country that allows ignorant people like you to use it in posting information that you have no idea about.

Pee Wee you have the brain of a fly when it comes to Football or for you "Soccer"

In the Pro Soccer world no one cares about the Herman Trophy aside from little ol college nuts like you.
    Can you name a "Real Pro-baller" in the past 20 yrs that got it? and dont give me some scrappy MLS player and if you can name one, where and who does he play for?
    Barcelona, Man City, maybe PSG?

Fvvk The "All American HS" trophy another little ol Daddy bragging right, did Pulisic win a Herman Trophy? Did Pulisic win "All American"?

As for the drafting in the MLS Super draft by San Jose Earthquakes please tell me what selection he was picked? 1-10? NO!.... 56th! yup that's right!

He also was only called for training for the NT, you know how many kids or adults has been called to the NT for training? Thousands and the Majority have not won the " All American or the Herman" some have only played D3 so what does that tell you.

Lastly the stink he had in the Danish league was a joke, he would have done better playing BB in the same country and been a super star, not that Danish Football is bad but it doesn't take much for one of its 4 teams to qualify for the UEFA and even with that Tracy scored 2 goals in 3 seasons....you read that right, a forward that scored 2 goals in 3 seasons and to make it bad he played most of his 15 games with the reserve team....jeeez how crazy is that for a MAC Herman winner.

With all due respect i dont know the kid and hes probably the sweetest man and in his day he was an Athletic player which fits the perfect profile of an American soccer player.

Pee Wee do me a favor and stick with the sport you know best, kids are going to Europe playing in Albania, Greece,Cyprus and Slovenia and its a joke, if they have to stoop that low they aint good.

Enjoy.
    this person probably never accomplished anything^^ this odd fellow

Comment

this person probably never accomplished anything^^ this odd fellow
      No dog in this fight but it does sound like you got schooled pretty badly.
      I did the research on Marcus because i never really followed up on where he ended up at.
      The OP was very accurate but in Marcus's defense it looks to me his college career was the killer for his injuries and progress to become Pro.
      I believe we have learned now that college soccer poisons a players Pro Career its pretty much a waste of four years but if its a choice to go Pro or be a Corporate guy then think real hard because you can't have it both ways so those 23 and 24 yr olds attempting to become Pro, Good Luck to Ya.

Comment

No dog in this fight but it does sound like you got schooled pretty badly.
        I did the research on Marcus because i never really followed up on where he ended up at.
        The OP was very accurate but in Marcus's defense it looks to me his college career was the killer for his injuries and progress to become Pro.
        I believe we have learned now that college soccer poisons a players Pro Career its pretty much a waste of four years but if its a choice to go Pro or be a Corporate guy then think real hard because you can't have it both ways so those 23 and 24 yr olds attempting to become Pro, Good Luck to Ya.
        How about applauding a herman trophy winner. Yes, andre ware won heismen and threw for milliins of yards and fell flat in nfl, but still incredible. All you fatso blowhards love to pontificate and blow smoke. I never amounted to anything on soccer field accolades wise, but still played in big east on a half boat and it took everything I could muster to stay on field. A lifetime of work. We all should be so lucky, but in the end we should measure the people mentioned here as sliver of percentages. Just head scratching that folks that never even kicked a ball wax poetic.

Comment

How about applauding a herman trophy winner. Yes, andre ware won heismen and threw for milliins of yards and fell flat in nfl, but still incredible. All you fatso blowhards love to pontificate and blow smoke. I never amounted to anything on soccer field accolades wise, but still played in big east on a half boat and it took everything I could muster to stay on field. A lifetime of work. We all should be so lucky, but in the end we should measure the people mentioned here as sliver of percentages. Just head scratching that folks that never even kicked a ball wax poetic.
          The Discussion is really about the level on what we determine as " The Best Player From CT"
          If you are saying Tracy is, then im saying i dont agree, so we agree to disagree.

Over the years we now seen that Trophies and Awards in American soccer seem to be meaningless when our boys venture on to the Pro level.
          The comparison on what level we are to South American and European soccer is very far and these awards confirm the part.

But before you reply im with you in supporting that an achievement like the Herman over hundreds or possibly thousands of competitors is brilliant and rewarding but a soccer player can become the rookie of year simply by scoring a ton of goals, could be that the kid is on the right team and the ball is placed nicely to him 60% of the time.
          Just sayin.

Comment

Marcus was a great player who relied on unreal athletic ability. He could run faster, jump higher than most players on the field. He racked up the awards: state champ, NCAA champion, NCAA Finals MVP, Hermann Award. Hell he still holds the Newtown High School 400 meter record. He has accomplished more than 99.9% of Connecticut players

Unfortunately his injuries shortened his professional career. After his injuries he could no longer perform like he could previously. Great guy too.

Comment

Marcus was a great player who relied on unreal athletic ability. He could run faster, jump higher than most players on the field. He racked up the awards: state champ, NCAA champion, NCAA Finals MVP, Hermann Award. Hell he still holds the Newtown High School 400 meter record. He has accomplished more than 99.9% of Connecticut players

Unfortunately his injuries shortened his professional career. After his injuries he could no longer perform like he could previously. Great guy too.
              What’s he doing now? Did anyone try and connect to him on LinkedIn?

Comment

Thanks Marcus.

Comment

Thanks Marcus.
                  I played against MT. It's a shame injuries curtailed his career. I'm not surprised though. He possessed a very slight frame and you could see he was an injury would be the only thing stopping him.

I don't get the hate you have for him. Please name other players because I can't think of any other Herman Trophy coming from the state of CT outside of JM Jr. and without question MT was better than him.

Comment

Thanks Marcus.
                    Sorry Skippy, not Marcus

Comment

Sorry Skippy, not Marcus
                      Ok we’ll use Mr Smith instead .... wink wink.

Comment

Ok we’ll use Mr Smith instead .... wink wink.
                        Winky Skippy

Comment

who's considered the best male player to ever come out of CT?
                          One word: Omar

Comment

Benny Feilhaber played for Beachside in his youth years before moving to CA, does he count?

Comment

Benny Feilhaber played for Beachside in his youth years before moving to CA, does he count?
                              Kyle Martino…

Comment

Kyle Martino…
                                Resume would show Benny had a better career at the national team level than Kyle..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X