Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I only care about my kid, the coach she has and the team she is on. Better is relative and GA is not the quality soccer being presented by a few believers. GA is not the best of the best by any stretch.
    What exactly is the “best of the best”mean. Better is relative to what? I played soccer growing up, played in college and have a good understanding about soccer skills and technical abilities and have been watching my daughter playin both in non-ECNL & ECNL matches as well as traveled to college showcase events. Is your “best of the best” mean in NJ or generally speaking? Reading anonymous parents who became experts the minute their daughters started playing soccer is funny. Probably the same parents who made fun of players like myself in high school who chose to play soccer instead of football or basketball.

Comment

What exactly is the “best of the best”mean. Better is relative to what? I played soccer growing up, played in college and have a good understanding about soccer skills and technical abilities and have been watching my daughter playin both in non-ECNL & ECNL matches as well as traveled to college showcase events. Is your “best of the best” mean in NJ or generally speaking? Reading anonymous parents who became experts the minute their daughters started playing soccer is funny. Probably the same parents who made fun of players like myself in high school who chose to play soccer instead of football or basketball.
      Great post.

Comment

Same

Wow, I grew up playing soccer too so congratulation I guess. Better is relative to the parent paying the bills. There is tons of talent not playing ECNL or GA so "best of the best" if we are talking about an individuals perspective doesn't necessarily have to be from ECNL or DA team to be the best.

One could cobble together teams at every age group from the non ECNL/GA talent that would easily compete with whatever high level NJ "academy" team you chose to play.

Comment

I think it should be “almost as good as best” since none of the ECNL kids in NJ really make it to the national team camps.

I don’t know if great basketball players are also great soccer players and vice versa. So no reason to make fun of you at all.

Comment

Wow, I grew up playing soccer too so congratulation I guess. Better is relative to the parent paying the bills. There is tons of talent not playing ECNL or GA so "best of the best" if we are talking about an individuals perspective doesn't necessarily have to be from ECNL or DA team to be the best.

One could cobble together teams at every age group from the non ECNL/GA talent that would easily compete with whatever high level NJ "academy" team you chose to play.
            Exactly true, not all the best players can be found on only ECNL or GA teams.

Comment

You lost the vast majority of people reading your post when you define “better” with who is paying the bills. So your opinion matters more than a club and you expect your daughter to get better because your paying the bills. Is that how you see it? And you say there are tons of talent in NJ. Well, there are tons of landfills and garbage dumps in the State as well. Which ones are the “best of the best”? What is the end game is for all these other players not playing ECNL/GA? If it’s college then where can I find the commitment lists from these other clubs? Be more specific, which clubs are you referring to and what leagues do they play and compete?

Comment

What? If you think all the ecnl teams are good you need a new pair of glasses mate.

You lost the vast majority of people reading your post when you define “better” with who is paying the bills. So your opinion matters more than a club and you expect your daughter to get better because your paying the bills. Is that how you see it? And you say there are tons of talent in NJ. Well, there are tons of landfills and garbage dumps in the State as well. Which ones are the “best of the best”? What is the end game is for all these other players not playing ECNL/GA? If it’s college then where can I find the commitment lists from these other clubs? Be more specific, which clubs are you referring to and what leagues do they play and compete?

Comment

What? If you think all the ecnl teams are good you need a new pair of glasses mate.
                  Where in the post does it say all ECNL Teams are good? They’re not! Too many teams are diluted because of too many ECNL teams in NJ. Not enough talented “good” players. Asking who are these good competitive non ECNL/GA teams that re filled with players better than those 2 leagues? What clubs? Where can I find the college commitment for these really good players?

Comment

Finally right on from the Englishman! Have you seen the Scorpions play? FC Delco? PDA white, PDA south, FC white? that team from Alabama. The only talent is really at SUSA, PDA blue 07’s for sure and the California teams. . ECNL is a fancy way to say pay $3500 plus and travel everywhere so you can brag to no one - except this forum of unregistered users.

Comment

Finally right on from the Englishman! Have you seen the Scorpions play? FC Delco? PDA white, PDA south, FC white? that team from Alabama. The only talent is really at SUSA, PDA blue 07’s for sure and the California teams. . ECNL is a fancy way to say pay $3500 plus and travel everywhere so you can brag to no one - except this forum of unregistered users.
                      Good for the Englishman, many are in agreement about NJ soccer. Vastly overrated by anonymous parents who think they are objective when it comes to talent, especially their daughters. NJ is just a thumb tack on the ECNL map. Nothing more.

Comment

Great post from the Englishman. Well said.

Comment

$

Better is being able to evaluate if my kid is developing in the manner in which they should be and in the right program and atmosphere.

You just lost everyone when you brought up landfills as apparently you recycle garbage with a keyboard instead of a receptacle.

Here is a point you probably won't ever get but not all kids that play soccer and are at the same level of play as your ECNL diamonds play in college for whatever reasons.

My kid knows she isn't going pro but the life lessons and friends she has developed will last her a lifetime. Playing soccer along the way is just a bonus.

Comment

Better

Is your kid the one the coach keeps saying is just about to crack the starting lineup but gets 10 minutes a game at a highly respected club?

If you trust what a club is telling you that is the first mistake. The eyes don't lie and the reality is everyone on a high level team knows the ones that are just there for the $upport.

Comment

Great post. The vast majority are just there for the $upport.

Is your kid the one the coach keeps saying is just about to crack the starting lineup but gets 10 minutes a game at a highly respected club?

If you trust what a club is telling you that is the first mistake. The eyes don't lie and the reality is everyone on a high level team knows the ones that are just there for the $upport.

Comment

Better is being able to evaluate if my kid is developing in the manner in which they should be and in the right program and atmosphere.

You just lost everyone when you brought up landfills as apparently you recycle garbage with a keyboard instead of a receptacle.

Here is a point you probably won't ever get but not all kids that play soccer and are at the same level of play as your ECNL diamonds play in college for whatever reasons.

My kid knows she isn't going pro but the life lessons and friends she has developed will last her a lifetime. Playing soccer along the way is just a bonus.
                                That was my point, who is evaluating you kid? You? What do you (or any parent) know about soccer development and skills. Parents take it very personal when their daughters are evaluated and rated by soccer clubs/teams. I do agree with your last point wholeheartedly about life lessons and what they learn about being a member of a team. It helps them through their teen years for sure. It’s parents who take control of their kids soccer experience that bothers me. Parents who have high expectations and are unrealistic and live vicariously through the kids.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X