Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximizing Player Development

There are way too many posts on TS covering which team has more wins and which club is better than another. What about hearing from people about how to maximize player development, regardless of which club you are at?
    Looking for insights into how your player maximized their development, not interested in how the clubs are running their businesses.

You talkin' about playing a long ball, chasing, and throwing elbows?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You talkin' about playing a long ball, chasing, and throwing elbows?
      shirt pull is a must

Comment

There are way too many posts on TS covering which team has more wins and which club is better than another. What about hearing from people about how to maximize player development, regardless of which club you are at?
        Looking for insights into how your player maximized their development, not interested in how the clubs are running their businesses.
        We paid a ton of money for private lessons with a guy with an accent so thick we couldn't understand a word he was shouting.

Comment

shirt pull is a must
          If we're talking about skills which should have been mastered by U8, I agree. Please add foot stomps when setting up corners to the list. This is the way.

Comment

The best way to develop is to piss away thousands of dollars a year on registration fees, team fees and traveling. If you do this, your child will receive a scholarship and become a superstar.

Comment

Lots of touches on the ball in training and on their own. You hopefully have a coach or trainer that can correct technical errors.

Comment

The best way to develop is to piss away thousands of dollars a year on registration fees, team fees and traveling. If you do this, your child will receive a scholarship and become a superstar.
                If she is a girl this is correct. Doesn't take much and she is set for college.

Can she jump rope, kick a ball ten yards semi accurately, trap a ball where it only goes ten feet away from her on the first touch? She is D1 material.

Comment

Lots of touches on the ball in training and on their own. You hopefully have a coach or trainer that can correct technical errors.
                  The boring skills and drills are essential but can be made more fun at the same time. Keep every player engaged and active in varied drills at practice. Coaches work on keeping it positive and setting a positive team atmosphere and that will help
                  Retain players. They have to love the practices, games, coach and team to stay in the game and that is half the battle of maximizing development.

Comment

Some kids are just naturally talented and some just aren’t - and won’t come close regardless of training.

Comment

Some kids are just naturally talented and some just aren’t - and won’t come close regardless of training.
                      Same old nature versus nurture theme on ts but it takes both. Who knows what gifts await?

Comment

Same old nature versus nurture theme on ts but it takes both. Who knows what gifts await?
                        I would like to nature my nurture in my mom's azz........ i am so hard

Comment

I would like to nature my nurture in my mom's azz........ i am so hard
                          Only in Wild primitive dreams

Comment

How to maximize development? This is a timeless question. This question is as old as, what is the meaning of life? I would say to all the clubs learn how to develop first. After learning how to develop, you can learn how to maximize it. One thing clubs know how to maximize is profit.

Comment

How to maximize development? This is a timeless question. This question is as old as, what is the meaning of life? I would say to all the clubs learn how to develop first. After learning how to develop, you can learn how to maximize it. One thing clubs know how to maximize is profit.
                              They go hand in hand.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X