Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FCL for NE FL/ south and central teams traveling?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCL for NE FL/ south and central teams traveling?

I am really wanting to get other parents to chime in and see if discussions have been made that you will be traveling from South or Central FL to come and play FESA in the fall and spring. With FESA having more teams in age groups compared to other leagues, one can only think that teams won’t have anyone to play against or they will play age appropriate instead of a year up due to needing to spread out “travel” for the other non local leagues. Hate how quite this whole thing is. Makes a parent suspicious that it will all be released literally before the season starts and player passes issued.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am really wanting to get other parents to chime in and see if discussions have been made that you will be traveling from South or Central FL to come and play FESA in the fall and spring. With FESA having more teams in age groups compared to other leagues, one can only think that teams won’t have anyone to play against or they will play age appropriate instead of a year up due to needing to spread out “travel” for the other non local leagues. Hate how quite this whole thing is. Makes a parent suspicious that it will all be released literally before the season starts and player passes issued.
    We were in FCL-1 this last year and traveled to play all over the state. Jacksonville, Miami, Ft Myers, Orlando, Clermont. My son's age group also has 7 teams in that age group at our club and each FCL division had a ton of travel.

Comment

I wonder if Messi ever traveled that much as a kid to play soccer???

Comment

I wonder if Messi ever traveled that much as a kid to play soccer???
        Do you count permanently moving from Argentina to Spain....just to play soccer? That’s pretty far.

Comment

I’d say FCL might struggled this year with members (particularly on the girls side). It was perceived as a path to ECNL, but ECNL has halted new FL members due to complaints from other SE states and their number of member Clubs.

Comment

I’d say FCL might struggled this year with members (particularly on the girls side). It was perceived as a path to ECNL, but ECNL has halted new FL members due to complaints from other SE states and their number of member Clubs.
            Bubbster trying to take over Ecnl. New league nationally. You heard first from me.

Comment

Bubbster trying to take over Ecnl. New league nationally. You heard first from me.
              Not sure what u mean? ECNL is National. Do y mean he’s trying to take over ECNL or trying to spool up another ECNL-type national league?

Comment

Just be clear, I have no issues in traveling and expect that to get great competition. We were told that other leagues would be traveling to us in lieu of playing local clubs. I am trying to see what the other parents from other leagues that are in this “bonus” league for them were told. Will they be playing 2 games in 1 day. Will they be playing younger or age appropriate teams? This is for U11 and under, not even real ECNL yet.

Comment

Just be clear, I have no issues in traveling and expect that to get great competition. We were told that other leagues would be traveling to us in lieu of playing local clubs. I am trying to see what the other parents from other leagues that are in this “bonus” league for them were told. Will they be playing 2 games in 1 day. Will they be playing younger or age appropriate teams? This is for U11 and under, not even real ECNL yet.
                  They weren’t told anything. -Bubbster

Comment

Not sure what u mean? ECNL is National. Do y mean he’s trying to take over ECNL or trying to spool up another ECNL-type national league?
                    New league!

Comment

FCL and ECNL-R are run by US Club aka the former NPL and FPL teams. The teams wont only be traveling to you. You will also be traveling to them. There are home and away games. They try to group nearby teams together so for instance when we traveled to Miami we played Parkland and Palm Beach teams and in Orlando we played FKK and South Orlando one on a Saturday then the other on Sunday. It will require overnight stays in hotels. Yes, there are teams at each age level. To be accepted into FCL the club must provide a team for every age level.

FCL is a league usually played in addition to your local league. My kids (U13 and U17) played FCL-1 and CDL (our local league) least season. Before that is was FSPL and NPL. Every year new leagues arise that promise to be the biggest and best. It's alphabet soup really. As long as your child is challenged and playing the right teams at the right level, you should be fine. We sometimes play two games in one day because our home league CDL and FCL may both have games. Mostly its Saturday and Sunday but will really depend on your home club field availability.

ECNL is a national league and plays other national teams. There is also MLS Next, DA

Comment

FCL and ECNL-R are run by US Club aka the former NPL and FPL teams. The teams wont only be traveling to you. You will also be traveling to them. There are home and away games. They try to group nearby teams together so for instance when we traveled to Miami we played Parkland and Palm Beach teams and in Orlando we played FKK and South Orlando one on a Saturday then the other on Sunday. It will require overnight stays in hotels. Yes, there are teams at each age level. To be accepted into FCL the club must provide a team for every age level.

FCL is a league usually played in addition to your local league. My kids (U13 and U17) played FCL-1 and CDL (our local league) least season. Before that is was FSPL and NPL. Every year new leagues arise that promise to be the biggest and best. It's alphabet soup really. As long as your child is challenged and playing the right teams at the right level, you should be fine. We sometimes play two games in one day because our home league CDL and FCL may both have games. Mostly its Saturday and Sunday but will really depend on your home club field availability.

ECNL is a national league and plays other national teams. There is also MLS Next, DA
                        This new North Florida FCL was created because all local clubs alienated our club and joined EDP. We have no local clubs to play. The agreement was for other clubs throughout the state to travel to us. What worries me is that these other clubs are already in their own local leagues. These are “bonus” games for them and what if the families have not been told yet that they will be traveling on top of that for young elementary kids. What if our season is a wash because at that young of an age, the parents don’t want to make the trip that far.

Comment

This new North Florida FCL was created because all local clubs alienated our club and joined EDP. We have no local clubs to play. The agreement was for other clubs throughout the state to travel to us. What worries me is that these other clubs are already in their own local leagues. These are “bonus” games for them and what if the families have not been told yet that they will be traveling on top of that for young elementary kids. What if our season is a wash because at that young of an age, the parents don’t want to make the trip that far.
                          You really think C teams will travel to Jax from Tampa just to play a league match v FESA lower level teams. Doubtful this will happen, so expect to be playing FESA palm coast and Tallahassee often! Value for money right?

Comment

You really think C teams will travel to Jax from Tampa just to play a league match v FESA lower level teams. Doubtful this will happen, so expect to be playing FESA palm coast and Tallahassee often! Value for money right?
                            My children aren’t on a c team, they are on Dev 1 and Dev 2 teams in different age groups. But they are still young and I would expect the traveling for a tournament, but for an extra game. Why would they drive that far for one or 2 games. Was hoping parents from Florida Premier, Kraze Krush, and Space Coast would chime in to see if they were told anything from their leagues.

Comment

Why would other parents/teams want to travel one-way to FESA for rec competition as a "bonus" game? The league is a freaking greedy, grubby, money-grabbing bust.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X