Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    With ECRL firmly established as the number 2 platform in the nation for girls how does the promotion/relegation process work between ECNL and ECRL?
    ECRL is not #2 in the north east.

1 ECNL
    2 GA
    3 EDP
    4 ECRL

ECNL has some teams that don't belong and also GA has some teams that are very competitive. Overall ECNL has more competitive teams. Even EDP in the young age groups has some teams that can compete with either GA or ECNL teams. It's not a clear science and I don't know all the local leagues so if I don't mention you league sorry this is all I know.

Comment

It differs by age group with ecnl being #2 in some ages, with NL or Ga being top.

1 ECNL
      2 GA
      3 EDP
      4 ECRL

ECNL has some teams that don't belong and also GA has some teams that are very competitive. Overall ECNL has more competitive teams. Even EDP in the young age groups has some teams that can compete with either GA or ECNL teams. It's not a clear science and I don't know all the local leagues so if I don't mention you league sorry this is all I know.

Comment

Agree that ECRL is lowest level in this area. It’s decent in some other areas of country.

1 ECNL
        2 GA
        3 EDP
        4 ECRL

Comment

Did Coppa play them straight-up? Or did they pack the box and try to play the breakaway long ball?
          *** does that mean? Straight up? If your team can do that and win games respect for the coach. Not the best way to develop players but sometimes teaching them how to win against a better opponent is a more value lesson than playing beautiful soccer. Being pragmatic is a good tool to master.

Comment

*** does that mean? Straight up? If your team can do that and win games respect for the coach. Not the best way to develop players but sometimes teaching them how to win against a better opponent is a more value lesson than playing beautiful soccer. Being pragmatic is a good tool to master.
            Sure. But when you pack the box and just try to win hoping for a defensive mistake on a long ball, it's a desperation strategy used against teams that most would consider to be superior. You certainly wouldn't see that strategy being used against a lesser team. So the point being made is that you can't look at a 1 goal game and conclude anything about the quality of the teams involved without knowing the details of the game.

Comment

Admittedly ECRL is a work in progress in pa and nj. It’s likely at least 5/years away before becoming a somewhat legitimate option here, if ever.

Comment

Admittedly ECRL is a work in progress in pa and nj. It’s likely at least 5/years away before becoming a somewhat legitimate option here, if ever.
                ECRL was formed by ECNL to compete vs. other leagues like NPL & EDP. It is not a work in progress to compete or be equal with ECNL. It’s parents of these players who rationalize that it’s better or equal to GA. It’s not.

Comment

No sh*t Sherlock. It’s not near comparable to those leagues, either. It’s at least 5 years away to be considered by anyone but rec players.

ECRL was formed by ECNL to compete vs. other leagues like NPL & EDP. It is not a work in progress to compete or be equal with ECNL. It’s parents of these players who rationalize that it’s better or equal to GA. It’s not.

Comment

Agree. But it’s too expensive to be rec so not really a viable option at this point, IMHO.

No sh*t Sherlock. It’s not near comparable to those leagues, either. It’s at least 5 years away to be considered by anyone but rec players.

Comment

There is no such thing as a Rec player above U14. Rec programs end after 8th grade.

Comment

Exactly.

There is no such thing as a Rec player above U14. Rec programs end after 8th grade.

Comment

Oh wow.

Exactly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X