Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

06 Boys

I am new to the area, and looking for good club for my son to play as an 06. I see the state tournament outcome, but are those really the top clubs OR did COVID skew the outcome with number of players in other clubs, etc? Appreciate the input.

Want good team, but with a good group of boys/families. You spend a lot of time with those people.

Also, any input on 06 boy coaches?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am new to the area, and looking for good club for my son to play as an 06. I see the state tournament outcome, but are those really the top clubs OR did COVID skew the outcome with number of players in other clubs, etc? Appreciate the input.

Want good team, but with a good group of boys/families. You spend a lot of time with those people.

Also, any input on 06 boy coaches?

Thanks!
    Westside. Next question.

Comment

Really?

Westside. Next question.
      They didn't seem to do very well in the State Cup.

Comment

They didn't seem to do very well in the State Cup.
        Doesn't matter, that was due to COVID. Do not be fooled by this past year's results. Westside is always the desired club.

Comment

Others

Beside Westside--which really only has one team, have also looked FC Portland and United PDX...both seem like bigger programs to pull talent to create good teams.

Comment

Beside Westside--which really only has one team, have also looked FC Portland and United PDX...both seem like bigger programs to pull talent to create good teams.
            Lol....

Comment

These posts are always so funny.

"I just moved the the area and found this amazing chat board and hope you can help me find the best fit for my kid."

All Fake.

Comment

"I just moved the the area and found this amazing chat board and hope you can help me find the best fit for my kid."

All Fake.
                Yes, they are fake, but they give us all something to do during the work day. Not much else going on.

Comment

#notfake

You can say what you want, but picking the right club is a big decision. Not only for the kid and their development, but also the social side as a family. You spend a LOT of time with these people and needs to be vetted. I like to use every resource option.

If you haven't noticed...this chat board covers all states. It seems that many of you think Oregon is the only state that plays soccer. Maybe you didn't realize that prior to this. But...if you click the little links above you we see all the states. We have a lot of them...not sure I you were aware of that either.

BTW...soccer in Oregon is average. The development program is extremely fragmented from my view and no clear leaders at any age. The youth rec program for kids to get familiar with soccer is...garbage. It is filled with parents coaching that have never played the game. Very disappointing. Cant even teach a kid the proper way to kick a ball.

Yes, this chat board is often filled with garbage....however, you can find nuggets of truth amongst the garbage.

So...I do appreciate the feedback, regardless of some individuals.

Comment

You can say what you want, but picking the right club is a big decision. Not only for the kid and their development, but also the social side as a family. You spend a LOT of time with these people and needs to be vetted. I like to use every resource option.

If you haven't noticed...this chat board covers all states. It seems that many of you think Oregon is the only state that plays soccer. Maybe you didn't realize that prior to this. But...if you click the little links above you we see all the states. We have a lot of them...not sure I you were aware of that either.

BTW...soccer in Oregon is average. The development program is extremely fragmented from my view and no clear leaders at any age. The youth rec program for kids to get familiar with soccer is...garbage. It is filled with parents coaching that have never played the game. Very disappointing. Cant even teach a kid the proper way to kick a ball.

Yes, this chat board is often filled with garbage....however, you can find nuggets of truth amongst the garbage.

So...I do appreciate the feedback, regardless of some individuals.
                    Nailed it. Probably the main issue the OP has is that clubs have had their tryouts and offered spots. Not unknown to make a roster after tryouts but it makes things more challenging.

In answer to which club, all the Premier Gold metro area teams all have their pluses/minuses and are capable of beating each other on their day. Utd PDX & OPFC have the strongest rosters.

Comment

All Fake.
                      Nailed it.

Nobody in their right mind would look to this site for info. This site is for immature low testosterone men to insult coaches referees and kids. Anonymously.

I would just as soon get legal advice on here. It would be just as useful.

Comment

Yes, they are fake, but they give us all something to do during the work day. Not much else going on.
                        I just wish the fake posts had a little more effort behind them. Very weak efforts.

Comment

Westside. Next question.
                          Yeah, your kid will love to scrimmage all practice vs learning skills and then get yelled at all match by jimmy

Solid game plan there

Comment

Yeah, your kid will love to scrimmage all practice vs learning skills and then get yelled at all match by jimmy

Solid game plan there
                            Hahahaha...Little Johnny was cut by Jimmy how many years ago? Move along. Jimmy is a better coach on his worst days than your club zero hacks.

Comment

Hahahaha...Little Johnny was cut by Jimmy how many years ago? Move along. Jimmy is a better coach on his worst days than your club zero hacks.
                              Jimmy is a joke , an old, short, out of shape loud joke.

Also he didn’t even make it out of group play this year or win a match. Hilarious

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X