Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Smithtown SB Athletico, which is also sometimes just called SB Athletico, was formed by a disgruntled coach from Village of the Branch (VOB) a few years ago.

They have nothing to do with Smithtown, Stony Brook or KK Atletico (Atletico FC). As far as everyone can tell, they named themselves the way they did on purpose to draw people into their tryouts thinking that they were one of those other three clubs.
    exactly. kind of shady if you ask me.

Comment

Smithtown SB Athletico, which is also sometimes just called SB Athletico, was formed by a disgruntled coach from Village of the Branch (VOB) a few years ago.

They have nothing to do with Smithtown, Stony Brook or KK Atletico (Atletico FC). As far as everyone can tell, they named themselves the way they did on purpose to draw people into their tryouts thinking that they were one of those other three clubs.
      Exactly why they did it!

Comment

Exactly why they did it!
        Sounds like a bunch of scumbags.

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of scumbags.
          Yep! That is who they are.

Comment

Yep! That is who they are.
            I believe they are a small club only interested in 3/4 teams in the club, they have no desire to expand or add. Not one player in the club pays a dime. Very odd if you ask me, why be a club

Comment

Long Island Slammers was formed last August during the pandemic, so less than a year ago and clearly not well timed. They have some good teams and seem to be improving but tough to tell with such a small sample size. Training wise, they have the further CW Post head coach and the Assistant coach from Stony Brook University working with the girls program. Boys side, I'm not sure but as someone said they're playing in the EAL and EDP. Time will tell with this club.
              Boys teams 2009-2003 play in EAL. Some age groups have a 2nd team that plays EDP. 2006-2004 boys teams have several of the former Cosmos DA players and coaches. The club has been confirmed for MLS Next II at a minimum for the fall, and are awaiting a final decision on MLS Next I, which doesn't seem likely. As it stands right now, current EAL teams will move to MLS Next II in the fall.

Comment

Boys teams 2009-2003 play in EAL. Some age groups have a 2nd team that plays EDP. 2006-2004 boys teams have several of the former Cosmos DA players and coaches. The club has been confirmed for MLS Next II at a minimum for the fall, and are awaiting a final decision on MLS Next I, which doesn't seem likely. As it stands right now, current EAL teams will move to MLS Next II in the fall.
                Are those eal teams mostly from jersey? I saw last year's schedule there were alot of games in New jersey. Why not just play nycsl? Way better then lijsl and more local

Comment

Are those eal teams mostly from jersey? I saw last year's schedule there were alot of games in New jersey. Why not just play nycsl? Way better then lijsl and more local
                  u can look yourself: https://eliteacademyleague.com/
                  it's tri-state and is pretty much the b teams for northeast mls next, so nyc, westchster, n jersey & so ct.

Comment

When are we getting ECNL as we were promised?

Comment

When SUSA gets MLS next that they promised everyone!

Comment

Slammers are never getting into ECNL. Long Island already has 2 ECNL clubs and a GA. Maybe the Slammers could get into GA if they want to differentiate themselves from other EDP clubs, and offer a Suffolk option but that's about it. ECNL is never dumping EM (nor should they) and Susa's performance in the league thus far has proved they are a good fit.

Comment

The Slammers can get into ECNL any time they want, and that's a fact. Before you make any more uninformed statements, do a little research. The Slammers are a founding member of ECNL, and by far the most successful and prestigious ECNL club in the country. Unlike some of the other "affiliated" clubs in the area, Walid and Ziad Kouhry (Slammers founders and DOCs) are directly involved in the LI Slammers organization and operation. If you think for a second that they would not be voted in by other ECNL members you are delusional.

Comment

The Slammers can get into ECNL any time they want, and that's a fact. Before you make any more uninformed statements, do a little research. The Slammers are a founding member of ECNL, and by far the most successful and prestigious ECNL club in the country. Unlike some of the other "affiliated" clubs in the area, Walid and Ziad Kouhry (Slammers founders and DOCs) are directly involved in the LI Slammers organization and operation. If you think for a second that they would not be voted in by other ECNL members you are delusional.
                            Funniest thing I have read all day. Never going to happen.

Comment

Funniest thing I have read all day. Never going to happen.
                              You should read more then. Never said it was going to happen, just said that Slammers would be in if they wanted to be. My opinion, based upon knowledge of the situation and also things I have read that are available to the public. Your opinion is that it's "never going to happen". I provided reasons as to how I arrived at my opinion. You have provided none. So, please share your detailed, expert insight as to why "it's never going to happen". I'm sure an intellect like yours will have no trouble easily and systematically refuting my ridiculous claims. Go ahead.

Comment

You should read more then. Never said it was going to happen, just said that Slammers would be in if they wanted to be. My opinion, based upon knowledge of the situation and also things I have read that are available to the public. Your opinion is that it's "never going to happen". I provided reasons as to how I arrived at my opinion. You have provided none. So, please share your detailed, expert insight as to why "it's never going to happen". I'm sure an intellect like yours will have no trouble easily and systematically refuting my ridiculous claims. Go ahead.
                                Explain to me why Slammers on Long Island wouldn't want ECNL. Programs are begging to get into ECNL. Explain to me why ECNL would add a third team on Long Island just because the "slammers want to" . The whole state of New Jersey has 3 teams! Just because they are affiliated with Slammers FC means nothing. The success of the program in California guarantees nothing for the program on long island.
                                I do not care that it says the founders of Slammers are actively involved. That's pure bull.
                                What are they bringing to the table to make this a top program? Nothing
                                This program is run by Tommy Lips who destroyed the sachem soccer program for his own benefit.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X