Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplemental training?

Any suggestions for the summer? Central CT.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Backyard, frontyard, road, basement, the kid down the street, the kid up the street... Camps at Kingswood-Oxford, Ajax, CFC, Vale, FSA... some in the morning, some in the afternoon.

Comment

Backyard, frontyard, road, basement, the kid down the street, the kid up the street... Camps at Kingswood-Oxford, Ajax, CFC, Vale, FSA... some in the morning, some in the afternoon.
      this. keep it simple, unstructured, cheap. don't spend a bunch of money on more training for younger kids, or if they don't want to do any work on their own. you're wasting your money.

Comment

the great ones do PDP, NCE, Red Bull all twice a day! will only cost between 10-15K.

Comment

did it with both of my kids. not worth it until the older ages. i'd put your child in a camp so they can have fun with other kids and enjoy the sport rather than thinking they're gonna come out of it as superstars with individual training

Comment

the great ones do PDP, NCE, Red Bull all twice a day! will only cost between 10-15K.
            gotta build that "soccer resume" so you can list the ten teams you play for on the "parent run" instagram account.

No Days Off!!!

Comment

I have to tell you that I have tried it all - 1:1, small group, camp, etc. Didn't find anything that really paid off.
              For the summer, first of all, make sure they have a solid break and that includes a break from talking about their own soccer training, etc.
              If they want to train on their own, honestly, get a kick wall, and focus on off the ball strength and endurance - swimming, etc.
              But if they don't want to train on their own, a small group training with players better than they are is the only thing I think worth it.

Comment

gotta build that "soccer resume" so you can list the ten teams you play for on the "parent run" instagram account.

No Days Off!!!
                This is hilarious

Comment

This is hilarious
                  and sad, too!

Comment

Most of the camps are garbage. Too many kids for each coach so there is very little development going on. Unless you can find one-on-one coaching them forget about camps and clinics. Save your money, let your kid be a kid-play with friends, family, relax, just have fun. If the kid is motivated they will train on their own. They can learn and develop more by watching soccer training on YouTube and going outside and practicing the drills.

Comment

I have to tell you that I have tried it all - 1:1, small group, camp, etc. Didn't find anything that really paid off.
                      For the summer, first of all, make sure they have a solid break and that includes a break from talking about their own soccer training, etc.
                      If they want to train on their own, honestly, get a kick wall, and focus on off the ball strength and endurance - swimming, etc.
                      But if they don't want to train on their own, a small group training with players better than they are is the only thing I think worth it.
                      we have a dad in our town that runs small groups. jump into one of those

Comment

Most of the camps are garbage. Too many kids for each coach so there is very little development going on. Unless you can find one-on-one coaching them forget about camps and clinics. Save your money, let your kid be a kid-play with friends, family, relax, just have fun. If the kid is motivated they will train on their own. They can learn and develop more by watching soccer training on YouTube and going outside and practicing the drills.
                        yes totally agree. Don't waste your $ on "training" until high school, and even then only if they need to work on certain things. If they aren't motivated enough to kick the ball around in the yard on a boring summer day they might not even be playing by high school.

Comment

we have a dad in our town that runs small groups. jump into one of those
                          I've heard of these mythical dads. Are you saying they actually exist?

Comment

I've heard of these mythical dads. Are you saying they actually exist?
                            Yes they do.

Comment

are you referring to the 07 playing up at fc stars who's parents wrote an article for NCE to publish for promotional purposes? all that money this family spends on her soccer and the girl still cant play with her right foot!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X