Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have been coaching for 10 years. While I think that constant jabbering is not productive, precise directions on shape, switching opportunities, etc. are crucial to learning the game. These directions are a lingo created in practice that enhances soccer IQ and cues players in the moment. If your coach says nothing or very little on gameday, he/she is missing those teaching opportunities. I mean really?!? There are managers at big European clubs that shout out directions to their teams. This "coaches should be silent on gameday" is just stupid and is perpetuated by parents of kids that have gotten on teams where they are over their head.
    You seriously going to try and use the example of pro coaches shouting instructions to pro players? First, they have to shout because, at least pre-covid, it was too loud for a normal voice to carry with the noise of the crowd. Second, their pros. They went through a system of development and came out the other side despite the odds. Kids on the other hand aren't pros. Constantly yelling instructions is counter-productive. Anything on the ball is extremely counter-productive. Let the kids play and make their decisions. You want to talk team shape, switching opportunities, etc? Video the match and do a tactical review session with them and highlight it then. The visual aids will help anyone who learns visually and the discussion will help anyone who learns via auditory in a no stress environment. Training is where kids who learn by doing should be corrected... if the coach is putting on proper training sessions that tie into the issues identified in matches.

Comment

The ignorance is astounding in this post. First, development happens in practice. If PB was doing his job in training sessions, he wouldn't feel the need to scream at kids during matches. Second, in my experience players know when the screw up and don't need a coach (or parents) telling them. Third, players need to learn to make their own decisions on the field, under pressure. Joysticking their decisions or worse, screaming at them when they make the wrong one is the exact opposite of development and actually kills any creativity a player may have, not to mention create undue stress when the kids are playing "A GAME".

So yeah, the reason he is getting put in charge of ulittles is because that's all the club trusts him with at this point. It's mostly babysitting... herding cats if you will, and id'ing the best ulittles to grab for their competitive teams in later years. No coach who has spent much time in 11v11 with older players really wants to go down and manage ulittles. It isn't coaching.
      If it isn’t JB himself, your a loser

Comment

I do not care for the silent coach, nope.
        Kids need a little push, and encouragement.
        Kids are learning positions and do not get true game play in practices so they need a nudge.
        Move up, Stay back, slide over, cover center, mark a player, all valid and helpful from a coach.

What is truly not helpful are you jerk dads, yep I said it jerks, that yell over the coaches and decide to coach their player and every other player and sometimes even ref. Stop with your shouting "shoot!" "spread out!" and leave the refs alone. Let the ref and coaches be the voices the kids hear.

Comment

You people are the worse. As a coach and a parent, the most challenging a coach has to deal with is sideline coaching from soccer experts on the sidelines. Many parents think their daughter is the next Mia Hamn. But most of you are correct to say most RI clubs will only produce a handful of D1 and D2 caliber players. Unfortunately the club you all complaint produced most of the girls. Yes, for a few lucky players, if they are good enough I would encourage go try ECNL or GA. But for most RI players, Bayside has done a wonderful job of placing them in D1, D2 and D3 colleges. My daughter is one of the fortunate girl. Say all you want but you can only judge clubs by what they produced.

Comment

You people are the worse. As a coach and a parent, the most challenging a coach has to deal with is sideline coaching from soccer experts on the sidelines. Many parents think their daughter is the next Mia Hamn. But most of you are correct to say most RI clubs will only produce a handful of D1 and D2 caliber players. Unfortunately the club you all complaint produced most of the girls. Yes, for a few lucky players, if they are good enough I would encourage go try ECNL or GA. But for most RI players, Bayside has done a wonderful job of placing them in D1, D2 and D3 colleges. My daughter is one of the fortunate girl. Say all you want but you can only judge clubs by what they produced.
            My daughter did very well at Bayside as well and did move on successfully to ECNL. The don't coach during the game folks are the B-level player parents or the intrusive parent club. Sometimes both.

Comment

My daughter did very well at Bayside as well and did move on successfully to ECNL. The don't coach during the game folks are the B-level player parents or the intrusive parent club. Sometimes both.
              Again, you equate coaching with screaming. Nobody is saying to remain quiet on the sideline, just to stop with the joy stick yelling basic instructions of who to pass to, when to pass, when to shoot, where to throw, etc. Some coaches act more like fans than coaches during games. It just confuses kids trying to make decisions during a fast paced match.

Comment

Again, you equate coaching with screaming. Nobody is saying to remain quiet on the sideline, just to stop with the joy stick yelling basic instructions of who to pass to, when to pass, when to shoot, where to throw, etc. Some coaches act more like fans than coaches during games. It just confuses kids trying to make decisions during a fast paced match.
                This. Don’t joystick. Don’t coach the player on the ball. Keep the instructions simple else cover it when they sub/half time. The screamers and joystickers are a hoot if you’re on the other team, an absolute disaster if they are your coach.

Comment

If it isn’t JB himself, your a loser
                  Patrick, use my name, don’t be a pu**y. You are hands down the worst coach my D has ever had. You’ve turned countless girls away from the sport they love and away from Bayside.

Glad to see CC & Bayside have made a decision for the clubs betterment to get you far away from the top teams. You do not deserve to be anywhere near them.

Comment

Patrick, use my name, don’t be a pu**y. You are hands down the worst coach my D has ever had. You’ve turned countless girls away from the sport they love and away from Bayside.

Glad to see CC & Bayside have made a decision for the clubs betterment to get you far away from the top teams. You do not deserve to be anywhere near them.
                    I guess it is not enough for JB to yell at refs and players on game day and berate his daughter from the sidelines but he also is a TS regular. Shocking! Glad you went to Juventus and not Surf! Spend your time in MA and give us RI soccer people a break.

Comment

I guess it is not enough for JB to yell at refs and players on game day and berate his daughter from the sidelines but he also is a TS regular. Shocking! Glad you went to Juventus and not Surf! Spend your time in MA and give us RI soccer people a break.
                      One thing that Bayside and Surf are united on....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X