X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fsa is the worst. F fsa
    Cool argument full of details. Is it Friday night at your home?

Comment

Cool argument full of details. Is it Friday night at your home?
      I agree with that guy. Seems to me there's always a battle between good busoness choices and how that effects soccer choices. Those FSA money grab teams are pretty depressing. Sal jr can't run an organized tourney if he only had two teams. Mom running forms down to tent by snack bar in her 100k mercedes is a nice touch. Coaching? Hiring a warm body to talk on the phone while the kids toe jam it down the field? Exciting soccer. Great and sturdy car magnets though. High end. A+ stick quality to the car. Yeah, 1 year and done. Moved onto a club that actually teaches the game to ulittles

Comment

I agree with that guy. Seems to me there's always a battle between good busoness choices and how that effects soccer choices. Those FSA money grab teams are pretty depressing. Sal jr can't run an organized tourney if he only had two teams. Mom running forms down to tent by snack bar in her 100k mercedes is a nice touch. Coaching? Hiring a warm body to talk on the phone while the kids toe jam it down the field? Exciting soccer. Great and sturdy car magnets though. High end. A+ stick quality to the car. Yeah, 1 year and done. Moved onto a club that actually teaches the game to ulittles
        Yup, same experience for us. Non soccer people running a soccer joint. Makes sense doesn't it?

Comment

If FSA is so bad then why are there so many players from other clubs at their tryouts? If those players are so much better why is that FSA doesnt take them?
          Everyone at every club thinks the grass is greener everywhere else, especially at clubs where players have patches on their sleeves. Truth is, sometimes it it and sometimes it is not but mostly it is not.

Comment

Starting 11 players at any club not matter what level they are or league they play in rarely jump ship. Tryouts are mainly for the occasional travel kid that has potential or a bench player at another club. Any good players that do want to leave are not attending tryouts hoping to get on a team. Those players reach out to the coach directly and get invited to training sessions for the team they are trying to break in to. This happens constantly through out the year, especially during the winter
            My kid started in an ECNL team, got an offer from coach before tryouts and she still tried out at another club a couple of days later and ended up leaving. Many reasons not to stay for shrewd parents and you have to do what it right for your kid if they are game.

Comment

My kid started in an ECNL team, got an offer from coach before tryouts and she still tried out at another club a couple of days later and ended up leaving. Many reasons not to stay for shrewd parents and you have to do what it right for your kid if they are game.
              shrewd parents don't go to money grab FSA

Comment

100%. There's many reasons you could leave an ECNL team even if starting. Maybe you're tired of the travel or want to do other things and play more for fun (crazy, right?) or maybe you know that the coach for next year's team doesn't rate you and is actively recruiting someone to start over you. Maybe you know that you'll play but that the club won't really go out of their way to push you forward and another ECNL or GA level club will actually push you into those prestigious NT camps or whatever. Maybe you know the style of play isn't a fit for you and you want to play on a team that aligns with your strengths and what you prefer to do and what makes you play your best. I can think of many other reasons a starter would elect to move. I say good for anyone who has their eyes open and is proactive to be in the best position for what they want from the game.

Comment

I want to dig into your u-little experience at FSA because we are about to take the plunge in U9 boys after attending their Juniors program. As far as teaching the game, what were you expecting that you were not getting. I know there is an intense focus on “the fundamentals” (foot skills, skill moves, passing, etc.) in juniors so I’m sure that continues, what were you looking for specifically that did not happen? I teach my son about through balls, diagonal runs, defense, field positioning, drawing in defenders, checking shoulder, and how to loose a man marked defender because these aren’t taught in lower ages, but I have an advantage over other parents in this regard because I played soccer as a kid through high school.

Comment

I want to dig into your u-little experience at FSA because we are about to take the plunge in U9 boys after attending their Juniors program. As far as teaching the game, what were you expecting that you were not getting. I know there is an intense focus on “the fundamentals” (foot skills, skill moves, passing, etc.) in juniors so I’m sure that continues, what were you looking for specifically that did not happen? I teach my son about through balls, diagonal runs, defense, field positioning, drawing in defenders, checking shoulder, and how to loose a man marked defender because these aren’t taught in lower ages, but I have an advantage over other parents in this regard because I played soccer as a kid through high school.
                    Go watch the older kids play. That's your best indicator of what's to come. Be glad you have a boy. The girls teams are horrible,

Comment

Don’t expect any valuable answers here, this forum is filled with immature idiots. If you are happy with what you have seen so far then stay there.

Comment

FSA ECNL is the best quality in the state. It would be better if there were only one ECNL team in CT, but money ruins everything.

Comment

All that is great and should surgery be done. Your kid is going to have a blast playing possession by himself ..... Win a ball, make a pass, never see it again until you win it back yourself .... Rinse and repeat 1000x per game. Sorry, but in youth soccer it's feast or famine. Be THE beast or be the feast. If you want to your kid to be a top player at the next level make him a risk taker at every part of the field .... All of the time the consequences for the team never seem to matter. If he doesn't do this thousands of times a teammate will and get all of the glory. Sorry, youth soccer is not a team game so don't coach your son wrong.

Comment

Its U9...calm down

Comment

Don’t expect any valuable answers here, this forum is filled with immature idiots. If you are happy with what you have seen so far then stay there.
                              We watched a game of the current U9 team and I am familiar with how a few of the kids played one year ago. I saw a pretty big leap in the tactics and team play from the kids we were familiar with. Some of this is no doubt attributed to age growth, but not all. This gave me some level of confidence. Agree that the boys FSA program is a completely different level than girls. I have a girl approaching premier age, so I think that will be different calculus.

Comment

After having a boy go through the premier rat race, heres my advice- At the young ages, have fun. Dont be the overbearing loud parent that lectures after each game on the way home. Any kid whos a bad ass pre-puberty may not even be around come high school. Hope your kid survives puberty. Pick a club that is easy to get to. Driving all over creation chasing whatever training may not even matter. Grades will. There is no perfect club environment. If you want your kid to succeed and be a player, what matters most is what they do OUSTSIDE of the club, on their days off. But the kid wont do the extra if its not fun to start and only if they see success early on. Its a long road from u9 to highschool graduation. Players change. Grades matter and will open up way more options with college. Dont expect scholarships.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X