Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think you first statement sums up this league dominate in size not quality.
    So what you are saying is this league will soon be a place for the big clubs to dump their lower level teams. Yay I guess and include the town club teams not really sure why people are talking about this league?
    So if every club leaves NEP wouldn’t this league just be NEP.2?
    Only people talking about this league and NEP for that matter are those that have a vested (read financial) interest in them. Whether that be those running the leagues or those running clubs that are competing in the leagues. Those running the clubs want to artificially inflate the profiles so they can sell to their customers. The customers however, do not care one way or another. These are homes for younger teams and older teams that are not part of the first / second / third tier of leagues.

Comment

Exactly, now you get it. DPL+ECNL is exactly the same as NPL+NEP, except no SSS. For all those who said one is better or they differ in this way or that, the above statement is the truth. They are entirely interchangeable from the kid/family perspective.
      So interchangeable that people explaining the leagues can mix and match however they want :-P

National: ECNL / GA
      National B: ECNL R / DPL / USYS NL*
      Used-to-be-national-now-just-above-average-regional: Impact NPL / NEP NPL
      Regional: NEP / NECSL

* NL is a national league but is new to New England so from our point of view it is currently at "B" level imho

Comment

Only people talking about this league and NEP for that matter are those that have a vested (read financial) interest in them.
        Well, of course, except for yourself. You're talking about it as well.

Comment

I think you first statement sums up this league dominate in size not quality.
          So what you are saying is this league will soon be a place for the big clubs to dump their lower level teams. Yay I guess and include the town club teams not really sure why people are talking about this league?
          So if every club leaves NEP wouldn’t this league just be NEP.2?
          Yes, this is what I meant by my comment. It will essentially replace NEP, and ne one the biggest league by size. The level of competition is poor. That said, it looks like it will be better administered than NEP was. So to some up...will be massive, low level competition, well run.

Comment

Yes, this is what I meant by my comment. It will essentially replace NEP, and ne one the biggest league by size. The level of competition is poor. That said, it looks like it will be better administered than NEP was. So to some up...will be massive, low level competition, well run.
            yes, it is designed to be a regional league exactly like NEP.

Only part i'd quibble with is "competition is poor" is by design. the point is that NECSL/NEP form the bottom of the pyramid providing the profits. The national teams burnish the club reputation that brings in more kids to the base of the pyramid. round and round the wheel goes.

if Stars or Scorpions could be profitable and successful with only their ECNL & ECNL-R teams I have no doubt they would do that. (Scorpions seems like they might give it a try but that is off topic)

Comment

So interchangeable that people explaining the leagues can mix and match however they want :-P

National: ECNL / GA
              National B: ECNL R / DPL / USYS NL*
              Used-to-be-national-now-just-above-average-regional: Impact NPL / NEP NPL
              Regional: NEP / NECSL

* NL is a national league but is new to New England so from our point of view it is currently at "B" level imho
              Rankings make no sense. Too many NEP players playing ECNL and too many ECNL level players playing in NEP.

Like all things soccer, it is more than ability.

Comment

Rankings make no sense. Too many NEP players playing ECNL and too many ECNL level players playing in NEP.

Like all things soccer, it is more than ability.
                Words make no sense. You just keep at it tho!

Comment

The NECSL is becoming the dominant (size) league in New England. NEP will eventually fold, but probably not for another year.
                  Size by taking town teams LOL
                  NEP isn’t going anywhere

Comment

OK, so sounds like this new league is getting a few more clubs (Juve, Bruno, Seacoast, NEFC West, North Shore, etc.)

Any thoughts on this league vs. NEP?
                    ^
                    #salesmanguyagain

Comment

Words make no sense. You just keep at it tho!
                      You are clueless. Have you ever evaluated soccer talent? Have you spent time in Barcelona and Madrid at their youth academies with their coaches? I have.

Then you have no clue what you are saying.

Comment

This is a gold rush. This is a land grab! - Alexi Lalas

Comment

You are clueless. Have you ever evaluated soccer talent? Have you spent time in Barcelona and Madrid at their youth academies with their coaches? I have.

Hey, how long ago were you involved with Barca & Madrid academies, was it recently? I know at the U15+ ages, they really amp up the training so blow the US academia away, but how would our U12-U14 academy players compare? Just curious on you thoughts.

Comment

Then why are you on this soccer board? You have fallen a long long way

Comment

Having an English accent you are automatically a better coach!

Comment

Hey, how long ago were you involved with Barca & Madrid academies, was it recently? I know at the U15+ ages, they really amp up the training so blow the US academia away, but how would our U12-U14 academy players compare? Just curious on you thoughts.
                                2017-2019.

And we can’t come anywhere close to them. I promise.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X