X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Two reasons:

1) It's rare, but does happen (we have three girls who came from ECNL to GA [one from out of state]); one went the other way

2) ECNL fanboys can't tell you enough about all the players coming in.
    100% guilty of being a fanboy, so with that disclosed…
    The number of League-shifting players is less telling than the quality.
    Are they being displaced or upgrading?

Comment

Better players can land ECNL spots, lesser ones not so much. If ECNL players go to GAL they're more likely to be getting very little PT.

GAL dropping the HS rule was smart otherwise the'd really be in trouble. Weaker league than GDA and can't play HS? Who wants to do that?

Comment

Better players can land ECNL spots, lesser ones not so much. If ECNL players go to GAL they're more likely to be getting very little PT.

GAL dropping the HS rule was smart otherwise the'd really be in trouble. Weaker league than GDA and can't play HS? Who wants to do that?
        How can you, or anyone, say the league is weak when it is brand new? From what I have seen, they have done a good job job so far. They have a good commissioner and vision. This is all coming from the ECNL fanboys.

Comment

All three coming in are starters. The one who moved from our club to ECNL was not (she played very little, actually). Very happy with the players who moved in, nice upgrades, top 5 players, but not the best on the team.

Comment

All three coming in are starters. The one who moved from our club to ECNL was not (she played very little, actually). Very happy with the players who moved in, nice upgrades, top 5 players, but not the best on the team.
            tough luck for the 3 former starters that are now not so much. i bet this guy was big fans of theirs prior to their being "upgraded". I get that movement happens, players positions on the teams shift, but you sir just sound like a jackass.

Comment

How can you, or anyone, say the league is weak when it is brand new? From what I have seen, they have done a good job job so far. They have a good commissioner and vision. This is all coming from the ECNL fanboys.
              GDA started out strong, but within a year nearly a dozen good clubs left. The exodus continued every year since then. How did the league fill geographic holes? With weaker clubs. There simply aren't enough strong non-ECNL clubs out there to fill the gaps, or players. You can call it "weaker" instead of weak if that makes you feel better. If definitely is "weaker" than ECNL. It's basically what NPL was before all of this started with many former NPL clubs that couldn't get into ECNL pre GDA.

different poster

Comment

Its all self fulfilling. Meanwhile, just look at the quality of what is coming out of youth Clubs. In soccer terms, its not improving. The leagues are fighting for economic supremacy and that is not linked to player quality. Its linked to brand name and the perception that ECNL gives you a better chance at the brass ring. meanwhile, top Womens programs are looking further and further afield for talent and the most successful College team of the last 5 years is the United Nations of FSU. The coach has openly stated that he finds better players in some 2 and 3rd leagues abroad than he does here.

As the US model is NOT about soccer talent alone, that all good, so why do some people pretend that it is? ECNL does currently give the best exposure, therefore most college bound players will want that. It does not follow that ECNL develop the talent that end up there or even try to. They are indifferent because the lure of exposure means many will end up there.

Comment

tough luck for the 3 former starters that are now not so much. i bet this guy was big fans of theirs prior to their being "upgraded". I get that movement happens, players positions on the teams shift, but you sir just sound like a jackass.
                  Umm...maybe I misspoke. Not sure why I'm considered a jackass. I'll try again...

Three players moved from ECNL clubs to our GA club. One came from out of state, and I'm not sure her good her old club is, but assume they were at the minimum at least decent (even the worst ECNL clubs aren't bad). The other two that came in, came because they found the environment of their ECNL club to be toxic, the coaching horrible, and not worth the extended travel for such little benefit (their words, not taken verbatim). All three are upgrades in their position. There are better players currently on the team, but they are all quality IMO.

And, yes, I guess it's "tough luck", I suppose. I mean, I'm reading daily on here now competitive spots are on these soopah-doopah clubs and that you have to fight for your positions and it makes you better and yaddah-yaddah-yaddah. Competition is good; makes everyone better.

One girl moved from our GA club to an ECNL club. She rarely started, and in many games didn't get very many minutes. Sometimes, she'd get over half. Great kid, nice family; their reasoning for moving (as I was told) had to do more with a family issue than anything soccer-related. I do not know how she is doing with her ECNL club, but I hope well. Have nothing against them and wish them successes.

Again, if that makes me a jackass, so be it. I've been called worse. I'll sleep well knowing an anonymous internet troll has a low opinion of me.

Comment

Umm...maybe I misspoke. Not sure why I'm considered a jackass. I'll try again...

Three players moved from ECNL clubs to our GA club. One came from out of state, and I'm not sure her good her old club is, but assume they were at the minimum at least decent (even the worst ECNL clubs aren't bad). The other two that came in, came because they found the environment of their ECNL club to be toxic, the coaching horrible, and not worth the extended travel for such little benefit (their words, not taken verbatim). All three are upgrades in their position. There are better players currently on the team, but they are all quality IMO.

And, yes, I guess it's "tough luck", I suppose. I mean, I'm reading daily on here now competitive spots are on these soopah-doopah clubs and that you have to fight for your positions and it makes you better and yaddah-yaddah-yaddah. Competition is good; makes everyone better.

One girl moved from our GA club to an ECNL club. She rarely started, and in many games didn't get very many minutes. Sometimes, she'd get over half. Great kid, nice family; their reasoning for moving (as I was told) had to do more with a family issue than anything soccer-related. I do not know how she is doing with her ECNL club, but I hope well. Have nothing against them and wish them successes.

Again, if that makes me a jackass, so be it. I've been called worse. I'll sleep well knowing an anonymous internet troll has a low opinion of me.
                    It seemed jackassery because it seemed you were gloating about picking up 3 new starters which implies that 3 old starters are no longer starting. And if you know they are starting then either they are mid season transfers and those 3 former starters just got moved down at the end of the season just in time for memorial day tournaments and post season events (no idea what age we're talking about). It came off a braggadocio.

But maybe you are just trying to out fanboy the ECNL-fanboys. If that's the case, then carry on.

Comment

It seemed jackassery because it seemed you were gloating about picking up 3 new starters which implies that 3 old starters are no longer starting. And if you know they are starting then either they are mid season transfers and those 3 former starters just got moved down at the end of the season just in time for memorial day tournaments and post season events (no idea what age we're talking about). It came off a braggadocio.

But maybe you are just trying to out fanboy the ECNL-fanboys. If that's the case, then carry on.
                      Nah. It happens...players need to be pushed and that's how they get better. For example, my kid is a starter and plays pretty much all game, but I'm vocal about bringing in more players to push them.

Such an odd comment to be made when every single day, across dozens of threads, we hear about GA players moving over to ECNL by the barrel full and as soon as someone gives a (albeit rare) example of one going the other way, this is the response.

Weird.

-A Jackass

Comment

Sometimes ECNL kids move to GA because they dont play at all on the ECNL team. Sometimes they hate the ECNL commute or they think they can be in a better environment at the GA. That is all good.

There's also times where a GA kid who rarely starts or plays moves to ECNL as well. Just making and moving to an ECNL team does not mean the player will get significant minutes or even play with the ECNL national squad. Also, maybe it comes down to subjective nture of coaches opinions on kids. If a player is small but super technical but her coach values size, she may lose out. If she shows up at a club that values what she offers, then she's perceived as "better." It isnt always cut & dry. Maybe at GA she was a striker but ECNL coach sees a possible CB? Who knows?

Sometimes they may play more often on regional. You have to see how it actually plays out. ECNL teams aren't much cheaper and getting people to pay full freight to be player 15+ is still a challenge.

Comment

So I asked the question about quality and being displaced vs. upgraded.
                          No idea why you are calling him names, he answered the question.

As for the feelings of the former starters, whaa?
                          Any club's top team is going to set the expectation that any player could be replaced.
                          I love me some JD, and one of his best tools is to tell the girls (after a win no less) that they are all in danger of being replaced by Tuesday.

Comment

Nah. It happens...players need to be pushed and that's how they get better. For example, my kid is a starter and plays pretty much all game, but I'm vocal about bringing in more players to push them.

Such an odd comment to be made when every single day, across dozens of threads, we hear about GA players moving over to ECNL by the barrel full and as soon as someone gives a (albeit rare) example of one going the other way, this is the response.

Weird.

-A Jackass
                            See this is the problem with TS. You all act like you're commenting on professional athletes when in reality we have 12000 posts talking about now 14yo's. And you think it is healthy to build a club where you might just bring in 3 starters at the end of the season? I mean more power to you I guess, maybe you'll get a few more W's on the record.

"we hear about GA players moving over to ECNL"... of course we do because that's what ECNL-fanboys get off on. again if you are just slinging BS for BS sake, then go nuts.

Comment

See this is the problem with TS. You all act like you're commenting on professional athletes when in reality we have 12000 posts talking about now 14yo's. And you think it is healthy to build a club where you might just bring in 3 starters at the end of the season? I mean more power to you I guess, maybe you'll get a few more W's on the record.

"we hear about GA players moving over to ECNL"... of course we do because that's what ECNL-fanboys get off on. again if you are just slinging BS for BS sake, then go nuts.
                              Here's the thing. There are plenty of clubs and leagues where spots for competition aren't big concerns. I encourage anyone to join them. Soccer is a game that can and should be loved by all. No matter what your desire is, there is a place to play. I think that's fantastic.

If that makes me, or anyone, a jackass because their kids want to be in competitive environments, as mentioned, I'm OK with that designation. I do chuckle at that, however, knowing how all these posts go and the first one...the very first one, that goes against the grain and somehow....I'M the jackass.

I guess if you really work hard enough, you can be offended by anything today.

Comment

sounds like you are in the wrong thread maybe an NEP thread would be more to your liking???

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X