Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help understanding

Can someone succinctly explain the girls "elite" HS age options in the Portland area and what leagues they play in? There's just so many different clubs with similar names?? Westside Timbers, Eastside Timbers, Eastside Thorns, Thorns? I honestly can't figure it out. For someone new to the area it's extremely confusing

You are in the wrong place. You won't get good advice here.

Comment

Wow, is this really what the Oregon soccer community is like. Geez

Comment

Sad, right? I’d help you out but my player is a boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Wow, is this really what the Oregon soccer community is like. Geez
          Oregon is bush league. California is a like steel cage death match. Drama. Back stabbing. Big money. Politics.

Here in Oregon you just have a bunch of low testosterone dads and creepy moms cowardly hiding out on anonymous internet chat rooms.

Comment

Can someone succinctly explain the girls "elite" HS age options in the Portland area and what leagues they play in? There's just so many different clubs with similar names?? Westside Timbers, Eastside Timbers, Eastside Thorns, Thorns? I honestly can't figure it out. For someone new to the area it's extremely confusing
            Portland Timbers -MLS Team
            Portland Thorn - NWSL Team

Youth Timbers Alliance Clubs:
            Westside Timbers - Beaverton
            Capital Timbers - Salem
            Washington Timbers - Vancouver
            Eastside Timbers - Gresham
            Eugene Timbers - Eugene
            Bend Timbers - Bend
            Rogue Valley Timbers - Medford
            ect...

What is the adidas Portland Timbers Alliance?
            The alliance is a strategic partnership with elite local youth clubs in the Portland Timbers’ development territory, designed to build unique working relationships and development opportunities to help channel the top youth players towards the Timbers’ development programs and the Timbers Academy.

At some clubs, boys teams referred to as Timbers and Girls teams referred to as Thorns

Comment

How many non Timbers clubs play in the Timbers/Thorns OYSA high school league?

Comment

How many non Timbers clubs play in the Timbers/Thorns OYSA high school league?
                https://oysa.affinitysoccer.com/tour...9-8c1df3d0c327

Easy to find out. Just look at the schedules from the last couple seasons on OYSA Website.

Comment

“What is the adidas Portland Timbers Alliance?
                  The alliance is a strategic partnership with elite local youth clubs in the Portland Timbers’ development territory, designed to build unique working relationships and development opportunities to help channel the top youth players towards the Timbers’ development programs and the Timbers Academy.“

Only for the boys. For girls, I can’t figure out what the timber’s have been doing for the past five years. I can’t recommend it for girls in any way.

Comment

These teams play in several different leagues:
                    ECNL
                    Thorns; crossfire; FC Portland
                    Now there is a 2nd ECNL League, call it the 2nd division
                    This is where a lot of the westside timbers and other timber teams are moving to.

Girls Acadamy is an option

This is where bridgecity,
                    Washinton timbers
                    and Eugene Timbers
                    are at

Then there are some good oysa teams, but the talent pool and compition is getting deluted with all the new leagues.

Comment

That's the info I needed thank you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X