Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP Tournament

I am confused as why the ODP tournament is scheduled for the first weekend in June when teams are still competing in every league. EDP, ECNL, MLS Next as well as the GA League are all playing league action that weekend. It is like there was no effort whatsoever to avoid a conflict. Wait until 6/19 and everyone done...

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am confused as why the ODP tournament is scheduled for the first weekend in June when teams are still competing in every league. EDP, ECNL, MLS Next as well as the GA League are all playing league action that weekend. It is like there was no effort whatsoever to avoid a conflict. Wait until 6/19 and everyone done...
    You nailed it with the no effort part

Comment

Being generous, I think they may have to align with some regional ODP schedules too

Comment

Maybe because not all the players play at high levels at their club, from what I have seen.

Comment

Most kids on boys and girls side that I know of play at least EDP many others playing GA, ECNL or Mls Next. To not wait until the leagues finish might be a deciding factor for many for next year. So for the money you got maybe 6 practices and 4 intrasquad games if you had no conflicts and one tournament. I don't think this will help the cause for ODP and they were already hurting. Might be final straw for many families

Comment

You don't need to worry about end of season (mid June); if there are players playing on National -league type clubs (No idea why, but that's a different subject) then you have to wait until after the June showcases. And playoffs, potentially. So you'd be looking at having this at the end of July/early August.

Fantastic idea. Pre-season starts back up in mid-late August, so maybe the kids will have a few weeks off to rest...

Comment

The ODP scheduling put us in a real pickle as it conflicts with our GA team schedule. The ODP competition is better given its credentials and opportunity for exposure but we do not want to get anyone ticked off on the club team. Tough call, wish they had not done it this way.

Comment

The ODP scheduling put us in a real pickle as it conflicts with our GA team schedule. The ODP competition is better given its credentials and opportunity for exposure but we do not want to get anyone ticked off on the club team. Tough call, wish they had not done it this way.
                ODP is better competition than GA??? Take cover, things are about to get rough here.

Comment

ODP is trash in NJ. Nobody I know that plays in the higher level leagues even sends their kids to do the tryouts so the kids who end up making these teams are the kids who couldn’t make the higher level clubs top teams.

Comment

Who are all the higher level clubs?

Comment

Ecnl only.

Comment

There are MANY ECNL top players that did not make ODP. They claimed they didn’t show up but there were ALL there. PDA Blue girls at all ages. The tryouts were flooded with all top ECNL clubs and many did not make the cut. Not because they aren’t good but because not every player at ECNL is better than everyone else and when put against all talent across the state they don’t always stand out. Reminder - ECNL teams elect themselves. For example: PDA has 3 ECNL teams at each age group and two (white and south) are not even close to the level of a mid local rec team. Yet they are elected by themselves to ECNL.

Comment

There are MANY ECNL top players that did not make ODP. They claimed they didn’t show up but there were ALL there. PDA Blue girls at all ages. The tryouts were flooded with all top ECNL clubs and many did not make the cut. Not because they aren’t good but because not every player at ECNL is better than everyone else and when put against all talent across the state they don’t always stand out. Reminder - ECNL teams elect themselves. For example: PDA has 3 ECNL teams at each age group and two (white and south) are not even close to the level of a mid local rec team. Yet they are elected by themselves to ECNL.
                          PDA are legends in their own minds.

Comment

I’ve got no love for the ECNL marketing bs but this post could not be further from the truth

Comment

It’s definitely true. But they hide it by saying they dropped out etc. Not every Player has the same goals -some are Uber smart and rich and don’t care about scholarships, others are smart but need scholarship money to afford college and then there are the weak students that need sports to get them into college. ECNL may help but it may not.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X