Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the USA!

Students and teachers at an elementary school in Texas surprised a cafeteria worker who became a U.S. citizen earlier this month with a celebratory parade.*

Maria Ponce originally came to America from Mexico 18 years ago and has been working at Oliver Elementary School in central Texas for the past five years. After years of trying, she finally became a naturalized U.S. citizen on May 3.*

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Students and teachers at an elementary school in Texas surprised a cafeteria worker who became a U.S. citizen earlier this month with a celebratory parade.*

Maria Ponce originally came to America from Mexico 18 years ago and has been working at Oliver Elementary School in central Texas for the past five years. After years of trying, she finally became a naturalized U.S. citizen on May 3.*
    Nice story but she should have done it illegally 18 years ago and she would have more benefits than she has now. You know EBT card, free health care, welfare, free housing, free education, free obama phone, etc., etc.

Comment

Welcome to the USA!

Nice story but she should have done it illegally 18 years ago and she would have more benefits than she has now. You know EBT card, free health care, welfare, free housing, free education, free obama phone, etc., etc.
      why do you assume she came here illegally? what part of the op story makes you think that?

Comment

why do you assume she came here illegally? what part of the op story makes you think that?
        easy search found the source, in which no mention is made about how she came here. She's been here 18 years and has a kid in middle school. That means she was probably in her teens when she came. If she initially came illegally, probably with her family, having a US born child would put her on the priority list for citizenship

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-ele...-a-u-s-citizen

Comment

Not the OP, but I'm guessing the comment was around the concern with some immigrants that doing it the wrong way actually gives you more rights than doing it the right way. I know that's how my family feels.

Comment

Not the OP, but I'm guessing the comment was around the concern with some immigrants that doing it the wrong way actually gives you more rights than doing it the right way. I know that's how my family feels.
            Bingo!

Comment

Welcome to the USA!

Bingo!
              Without knowing much about this person. I'm betting this immigrant did it the right way.
              How else did she get a government job in TX?

Comment

Without knowing much about this person. I'm betting this immigrant did it the right way.
                How else did she get a government job in TX?
                As pointed out above she came here when she was probably a teenager (math) and probably was able to attain legal status by having US born children. Still "legal" yet kind of not. If her parents brought her here illegally then she'd be a dreamer, the ones you cons don't want to give citizenship to. You also want to end chain migration and so called anchor babies.

Comment

If her parents brought her here illegally then she'd be a dreamer, the ones you cons don't want to give citizenship to.

Just another falsehood prepetuated by the Angry liberal...

In truth:

"A majority of Trump voters want to protect so-called Dreamers from deportation, according to a new poll, putting pressure on President Donald Trump to shield immigrants who were brought to the country illegally as children.

The same trend holds across all Republicans, according to the findings from the latest POLITICO/Morning Consult poll. In fact, the poll indicates that wide swaths of registered voters support Dreamers regardless of gender, education, income, ethnicity, religion and ideology. That includes 68 percent of Republicans, 71 percent of conservatives and 64 percent of those who approve of the job Trump is doing. Even 69 percent of those who voted for Trump in 2016 — when he vowed to deport Dreamers — say they should be protected."

Comment

Just another falsehood prepetuated by the Angry liberal...

In truth:

"A majority of Trump voters want to protect so-called Dreamers from deportation, according to a new poll, putting pressure on President Donald Trump to shield immigrants who were brought to the country illegally as children.

The same trend holds across all Republicans, according to the findings from the latest POLITICO/Morning Consult poll. In fact, the poll indicates that wide swaths of registered voters support Dreamers regardless of gender, education, income, ethnicity, religion and ideology. That includes 68 percent of Republicans, 71 percent of conservatives and 64 percent of those who approve of the job Trump is doing. Even 69 percent of those who voted for Trump in 2016 — when he vowed to deport Dreamers — say they should be protected."
                    Polls? You cite polls?

I have a poll cite …the election. These cons went out and VOTED for Trump so they supported a president who wanted to take away the pathway for dreamers.

At the end of the day, that speaks way more loudly than your stale poll.

Comment

Polls? You cite polls?

I have a poll cite …the election. These cons went out and VOTED for Trump so they supported a president who wanted to take away the pathway for dreamers.

At the end of the day, that speaks way more loudly than your stale poll.
                      Yes, I cite polls. Every day a reply about your dear leader and how badly he's fvcking things up, you will cite a poll.

But, as was shown, you made a comment, it was proven wildly incorrect...as always... Just another day here on TS....

Comment

Yes, I cite polls. Every day a reply about your dear leader and how badly he's fvcking things up, you will cite a poll.

But, as was shown, you made a comment, it was proven wildly incorrect...as always... Just another day here on TS....
                        Not what you said on April 8:

Thats because of the liberal media and fake data ( polls are nothing more than a fabricated piece for entertainment purposes only). I mean really.

maybe TRUMP will run as a democrat in 2024 and we can literally watch liberal heads EXPLODE!!!!!
                        So why don’t you just say, ”Yes, I cite fabricated piece for entertainment purposes”

You just got hoisted again con!

Too easy!

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Not what you said on April 8:

So why don’t you just say, ”Yes, I cite fabricated piece for entertainment purposes”

You just got hoisted again con!

Too easy!

😂😂😂😂😂😂
                          Not me, chucklehead.

But, back on point, you made a statement, it was proven incorrect, yet you somehow thing that's winning an argument.

Not very good at this, are you?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X