•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    #1- losing teams lose paying customers- so games /wins are important
    this whole site is dedicated to arguing about who is the bestest

#2- got soccer points are also important to ulittle teams, as they get you into better tournaments which helps recruiting later on- ECNL /Gal teams dont need them because their tournaments are Exclusive but everyone else needs those points

AYSO is exactly what you describe, so enjoy it
    Development and winning can go hand in hand, but too much emphasis on winning often costs certain players in development. A team doesn't need winning records to be developing but lots of close matches, some won + some lost? All good. By the time any decent ulittle teams reach recruiting ages much of the roster has turned over. Outside of ECNL/MLS/GAL there isn't that much recruiting going on at other events. Sorry but an average Bracket F EDP team isn't going to have any college players or get into any recruiting events no matter how many games they win.

You're also completely ignoring the vast middle ground between rec and players college bound (or think they are). Shouldn't we want as many players playing as we can, at any level, without the pressure of always winning or only bothering to play if you're going to get recruited? The "you should only play if you're going to play in college" attitude that hits in middle school turns a lot of players off, on top of the high costs and travel

Comment

Development and winning can go hand in hand, but too much emphasis on winning often costs certain players in development. A team doesn't need winning records to be developing but lots of close matches, some won + some lost? All good. By the time any decent ulittle teams reach recruiting ages much of the roster has turned over. Outside of ECNL/MLS/GAL there isn't that much recruiting going on at other events. Sorry but an average Bracket F EDP team isn't going to have any college players or get into any recruiting events no matter how many games they win.

You're also completely ignoring the vast middle ground between rec and players college bound (or think they are). Shouldn't we want as many players playing as we can, at any level, without the pressure of always winning or only bothering to play if you're going to get recruited? The "you should only play if you're going to play in college" attitude that hits in middle school turns a lot of players off, on top of the high costs and travel
      Parents suck. Big Time. Just shut your yappers and put the same emphasis on their training at home as much as you stick your mouth in the coaches face. Development happens at home too

Comment

dont blame the kids, blame the parents- they are the ones pushing the "Recruiting "theme

my oldest kid wanted to be on the uswnt-had no idea how to get there , and had no shot
        but she had a dream and we rode that dream to 50% college - good for me, she still loves the game and plays in mixed leagues but has other priorities now that she is out of college
        the recruiting time was the worst part

Comment

dont blame the kids, blame the parents- they are the ones pushing the "Recruiting "theme

my oldest kid wanted to be on the uswnt-had no idea how to get there , and had no shot
          but she had a dream and we rode that dream to 50% college - good for me, she still loves the game and plays in mixed leagues but has other priorities now that she is out of college
          the recruiting time was the worst part
          If the game taught her discipline, hard work, and team work then her devotion to the game will live on farther than her soccer career. Sports undoubted made me who I am and without it I would be where I am today. I didn’t ultimately play in college (D3 was the only interest I got), but it gave me the right mentality to succeed whatever I chose to do. I hope that same experience for all of your kids.

Comment

If the game taught her discipline, hard work, and team work then her devotion to the game will live on farther than her soccer career. Sports undoubted made me who I am and without it I would be where I am today. I didn’t ultimately play in college (D3 was the only interest I got), but it gave me the right mentality to succeed whatever I chose to do. I hope that same experience for all of your kids.
            That's a nice lesson, but I think you forgot every TS kid is going USMNT, UNWNT, or EPL. We don't need your earnest realism here.

Comment

Parents suck. Big Time. Just shut your yappers and put the same emphasis on their training at home as much as you stick your mouth in the coaches face. Development happens at home too
              ^developement happens at home.

Comment

^developement happens at home.
                Development happens on TS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X