Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TapIn Showcase

Important showcase coming out of the dead period. June 12/13 at Rivers School. Teams include

New England Revolution MLS Next 17s
    Bolts MLS Next 17s
    NEFC ECNL 2004
    Bolts Composite ECNL 2003
    Surf 2004
    Beachside MLS or Oakwood MLS or NEPSAC All Stars

This brings together most of the top 100 or so 2022 graduation boys players for first time in front of college coaches after the dead period. Expect a flurry of offers and commitments coming out of this event.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Important showcase coming out of the dead period. June 12/13 at Rivers School. Teams include

New England Revolution MLS Next 17s
    Bolts MLS Next 17s
    NEFC ECNL 2004
    Bolts Composite ECNL 2003
    Surf 2004
    Beachside MLS or Oakwood MLS or NEPSAC All Stars

This brings together most of the top 100 or so 2022 graduation boys players for first time in front of college coaches after the dead period. Expect a flurry of offers and commitments coming out of this event.
    My kid will be committed by then. Enjoy yourselves.

Comment

My kid will be committed by then. Enjoy yourselves.
      Just curious, is he on one of these teams? How many of the 2022’s are already committed?

Comment

This will be an interesting event. Can these non MLS Next teams really compete with the MLS Next teams?

Comment

This will be an interesting event. Can these non MLS Next teams really compete with the MLS Next teams?
          I'm shocked that the Revs are willing to do this, if they are.

Comment

I'm shocked that the Revs are willing to do this, if they are.
            Why are you shocked? Because they are actually doing something positive for their players? If they don’t do this, they are letting all other top 2022s get seen first out of the dead period by D1s while their players sit at home. They would look terrible if they did that. Maybe it’s an indication that the new leadership cares about the players.

Comment

Why are you shocked? Because they are actually doing something positive for their players? If they don’t do this, they are letting all other top 2022s get seen first out of the dead period by D1s while their players sit at home. They would look terrible if they did that. Maybe it’s an indication that the new leadership cares about the players.
              Yes, I'm shocked that they are doing something positive for their players. Furthermore admitting that the college path has a place in elite soccer development in New England would also represent a change in approach. There is also significant downside. If they can't beat the Bolts ECNL teams by substantial margins it will look awful.

Comment

Yes, I'm shocked that they are doing something positive for their players. Furthermore admitting that the college path has a place in elite soccer development in New England would also represent a change in approach. There is also significant downside. If they can't beat the Bolts ECNL teams by substantial margins it will look awful.
                But hiding from Bolts ECNL and being called out is worse. And if they have any bad results, then the new leadership knows for real that he needs to make changes. That might be scary for players, but it’s the way it should be. Top teams shouldn’t be afraid to play. They should play and know where they stand and work to improve. That is what real winners do. I give the Revs Props for doing something right here. And I’m not one to usually give them props. If the new leadership is smart they would be at all of these games looking to identify the top players to recruit them to their 19s.

Comment

But hiding from Bolts ECNL and being called out is worse. And if they have any bad results, then the new leadership knows for real that he needs to make changes. That might be scary for players, but it’s the way it should be. Top teams shouldn’t be afraid to play. They should play and know where they stand and work to improve. That is what real winners do. I give the Revs Props for doing something right here. And I’m not one to usually give them props. If the new leadership is smart they would be at all of these games looking to identify the top players to recruit them to their 19s.
                  All good stuff, but I bet they only get scheduled against the other MLS Next teams. Regardless, this is a positive indication that things are changing for the better.

Comment

These coaches will be at the PPA ID camp that weekend:

Amherst
                    Lafayette
                    Georgetown
                    Yale
                    Cornell
                    Northeastern
                    Tufts
                    MIT
                    U of Chicago
                    Colby
                    Trinity
                    Curry

Comment

These coaches will be at the PPA ID camp that weekend:

Amherst
                      Lafayette
                      Georgetown
                      Yale
                      Cornell
                      Northeastern
                      Tufts
                      MIT
                      U of Chicago
                      Colby
                      Trinity
                      Curry
                      Those same ones will be at the TapIn Showcase. Coaching staffs will obviously split up.

Comment

Everyone will be at the TapIn Showcase. These are confirmed already, but everyone will be there.

Brown
                        Northeastern
                        Holy Cross
                        Colgate
                        Boston College
                        Middlebury
                        Babson
                        Harvard
                        Bowdoin

Comment

Everyone will be at the TapIn Showcase. These are confirmed already, but everyone will be there.

Brown
                          Northeastern
                          Holy Cross
                          Colgate
                          Boston College
                          Middlebury
                          Babson
                          Harvard
                          Bowdoin
                          Coaches are going to want to see live games. It’s better than watching ID camp training and scrimmages.

Comment

Coaches are going to want to see live games. It’s better than watching ID camp training and scrimmages.
                            Not to mention PPA charges over $400 and it’s open to anyone. This is a showcase that costs the players nothing, and it’s only the top teams/players in the region.

Comment

Brown
                              Northeastern
                              Holy Cross
                              Colgate
                              Boston College
                              Middlebury
                              Babson
                              Harvard
                              Bowdoin
                              Many of those “schools” will be represented by coaches that actually coach club teams participating in the showcase. This is similar to what’s been happening all season long anyway. I mean you can basically get recruited like this every week at Pro Project.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X