Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossfire

I am confused on this "super" club Valor.

I look at Crossfire and I see a lot of teams...but they are mostly playing bottom brackets, a couple of mid brackets.

I was expecting to see all of these teams in top brackets...but they aren't they are in the bottom with all the other average clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Triggered much??? No one even brought up ECNL teams. Step away from the valor koolaid for a little bit and maybe calm yourself down! People that get this defensive about soccer never fail to amaze me—are they paying you a salary for this??
      Actually if you go and read this thread ECNL is mentioned throughout multiple comments 😂

Comment

Actually if you go and read this thread ECNL is mentioned throughout multiple comments 😂
        Then use the quote function stupid

Comment

I look at Crossfire and I see a lot of teams...but they are mostly playing bottom brackets, a couple of mid brackets.

I was expecting to see all of these teams in top brackets...but they aren't they are in the bottom with all the other average clubs.
          There’s quite a few ECNLR, RCL, and NPL teams in the lower brackets. That’s right where I’d expect Valor. They aren’t at the level to compete with ECNL or GA teams yet.

Comment

I'm a newbie but most new teams start at the bottom before moving up?

There must be something going on at G09 Washington Premier.
            Valor G09 beat them in the semi finals 8-1 in the Rainier cup. Wa Premier lost today in their first game at the Crossfire challenge 0-5 to WA Timbers. That's a pretty substantial goal differential...

Comment

First team at most large clubs is ECNL, don't always play at local tournaments, and skill can fall off quickly after that.

Crossfire generally has teams in ECNL, Div 1 and Div 2 in each age group (plus many more lower div teams in boys). Few other clubs in the area have 3 teams in each age group.

There are plenty of smaller clubs that can field very strong teams at the higher divisions, but lose players once they get to High School to clubs that hold the ECNL monopoly as the kids want exposure to play in college. Then all the crossfire kids get salty as they get bumped to lower and lower teams while coaches take in new kids from outside the club instead of promoting from within.

Comment

I'm a newbie but most new teams start at the bottom before moving up?

There must be something going on at G09 Washington Premier.
                Valor G09 beat them in the semi finals 8-1 in the Rainier cup. Wa Premier lost today in their first game at the Crossfire challenge 0-5 to WA Timbers. That's a pretty substantial goal differential...
                That is the WPFC G09 C team. There are two teams ahead of that particular WPFC team in their own club. The A teams of Valor and Timbers should likely beat them.

Comment

That is the WPFC G09 C team. There are two teams ahead of that particular WPFC team in their own club. The A teams of Valor and Timbers should likely beat them.
                  I looked into it; that is their B team right under their ECNL team. Their ECNL team is “borrowing” some of the B teams players and they have a new coach this season. One of my DD’s friends is on that team and they are having a bit of a transition year.

Comment

First team at most large clubs is ECNL, don't always play at local tournaments, and skill can fall off quickly after that.

Crossfire generally has teams in ECNL, Div 1 and Div 2 in each age group (plus many more lower div teams in boys). Few other clubs in the area have 3 teams in each age group.

There are plenty of smaller clubs that can field very strong teams at the higher divisions, but lose players once they get to High School to clubs that hold the ECNL monopoly as the kids want exposure to play in college. Then all the crossfire kids get salty as they get bumped to lower and lower teams while coaches take in new kids from outside the club instead of promoting from within.
                    lol someone needs to warn these kids on the ECNL teams that their spots are not safe, especially the bottom tier. Every year the smaller clubs lose a top player or two, all those weaker kids on ECNL finally realize they were not that good and only being carried by the stronger players on their team.

Comment

Too bad there is no reward system for clubs that are small who develop strong players who end up moving to a club with ECNL. It is like they do all the grunt work and when it is time to reap the benefits, bye bye there goes the top player.

Comment

I looked into it; that is their B team right under their ECNL team. Their ECNL team is “borrowing” some of the B teams players and they have a new coach this season. One of my DD’s friends is on that team and they are having a bit of a transition year.
                        We’ve seen that some clubs that are bringing ECNL players down to play on their next level down teams for tournaments. Looking at you PacNW. Not sure if WPFC does that as well but seems a bit shady.

Comment

Pacnw shady, never?

Comment

We’ve seen that some clubs that are bringing ECNL players down to play on their next level down teams for tournaments. Looking at you PacNW. Not sure if WPFC does that as well but seems a bit shady.
                            I haven’t seen it happen at WPFC; but that’s not to say that it doesn’t. But usually the club focuses on the ECNL team and whether they win or lose and not do much on the B or C teams. Plus, if ECNL players played down, then parents would get mad if their little darling wasn’t getting enough play time. I haven’t seen it happen to often

Comment

Pac putting ECNL players on lower teams . . . not just at tournaments, they got busted doing it regularly in league play.

Part of the reason they were not allowed to have guest players on their roster last year.

I watched a div 3 game where they brought 5 ECNL players down for the game, and already had 2 kids on the team dual rostered. Pretty pathetic to bring 7 ECNL players to a Div 3 RCL game.

Comment

your full of it

Pac putting ECNL players on lower teams . . . not just at tournaments, they got busted doing it regularly in league play.

Part of the reason they were not allowed to have guest players on their roster last year.

I watched a div 3 game where they brought 5 ECNL players down for the game, and already had 2 kids on the team dual rostered. Pretty pathetic to bring 7 ECNL players to a Div 3 RCL game.
                                You are full of it. Pac did not get busted for bring ECNL players down. Pac got busted for signing up players early. That is it.

Get your story straight.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X