two big hires from PacNW today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I just know a few families with kids that play for sound at different age groups, know where they, and some of their teammates are trying out. They are registering for a couple of tryouts, but none of them with sound. They are frustrated with all the changes and ready to not have to worry about their kids soccer team. Looking for stability, which sound can't offer them.

no idea how they will handle xf tryouts beyond what they sent out in the club wide email. Don't envy the task the coaches have of trying to place out of club kids. See how it all shakes out in a few weeks I guess.

Comment

Coach hires

Eugene did not ask for his job back—as position as a director was already filled. He is now a coach, only. While Kate did follow her partner to Seattle, she was heavily recruited by several of the big RCL clubs. She chose PacNW.

Comment

Eugene is definitely a 1v1 skills coach. Not a big thinker in terms of team philosophy, playing style, game model etc. he will do a lot of personal sessions with your player though.

Comment

This is my first post ever!

I have two sons who have both been coached by Eugene Poublon through a futsal-type clinic he took over when Kei Kino****a (EFC coach) left.

I don’t know anything about soccer as I’m not a player, but I have never seen a more personable and professional coach in my 12 years as a soccer parent. He is a kind and caring man, and I was grateful for the time my boys spent with him. I have never seen him treat any child without the utmost respect and consideration. I was grateful my boys had him as a role model.

PAC is lucky to have him back!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Eugene did not ask for his job back—as position as a director was already filled. He is now a coach, only. While Kate did follow her partner to Seattle, she was heavily recruited by several of the big RCL clubs. She chose PacNW.
            Kinda splitting hairs? I am pretty sure he asked for a coaching job which I am glad Pac took him back. Most coaches can not return back to club unless they are well liked and left on good terms. Meaning, he is a good guy overall.

Kate, we remember her from ODP regionals as one of the coaches. I hope she does well. Only advice I would give her is to make friends with Lyndsey, Malia, and the other gal pals in Pac. Otherwise, her stay there will be short.

Comment

Other than the two older teams that are both currently in 4th place, why do they struggle to win games, especially in the younger age groups? I know over the years I hear they try to teach the game the right way by playing out the back and possession but I really dont see it as the kids get to the older age groups. Can someone that knows a little about soccer fill me in?

Comment

Other than the two older teams that are both currently in 4th place, why do they struggle to win games, especially in the younger age groups? I know over the years I hear they try to teach the game the right way by playing out the back and possession but I really dont see it as the kids get to the older age groups. Can someone that knows a little about soccer fill me in?
                It’s because Viet Nguyen likes to pick his family members to play on the top team when they don’t deserve it.

Comment

And the hire of Ralph Black.
                  Ralph left SU? Interesting - XF for years, followed Rich to SU and now Pac?

Comment

It’s because Viet Nguyen likes to pick his family members to play on the top team when they don’t deserve it.
                    Having coach's kids on a team is so toxic!!!!!

Comment

Eugene is definitely a 1v1 skills coach. Not a big thinker in terms of team philosophy, playing style, game model etc. he will do a lot of personal sessions with your player though.
                      To be honest, there really aren’t any big thinkers at Pac, from top to bottom. It’s pretty much a money-machine. Hard to get inspired there. Kids are just numbers. You never feel like you are part of something special. Nice guys like Eugene fit in well there.

Comment

why not? coach your own team so that you can assemble your own roster. bet you would pick your kid too.

Comment

On the girls side, Pacnw produces good solid players.
                          They all can pass the ball and receive the ball.
                          They do not produce special players.
                          Also, they don’t seem to know who to use athletic and fast players.
                          Unless it is take the ball to the corner and cross it into the slower players.
                          Pacnw builds competitive teams, just not top winning teams.

But they have the best place to train.
                          It is a well run club for players that are 7 out of a 10.

But all is just my humble opinion.

Comment

On the boys side, they say they don’t care about winning until the older age groups and that the development they do at the younger ages pays off when the are older.

Seems like when they do have good teams it seems like it is because they bring in new players from the outside (with exceptions like the 05s who were good for years) . The 08 ECNL team was playing D 2 in their last year of RCL and was suddenly good this year. I believe it was due to an influx of talent from outside from what I have been told but I cannot confirm.

Seems like they traditionally get a decent number of players to Sounders Academy as well.

Comment

Sales pitch versus reality. They recruit like every other big club. They cut players when
                              better ones show up. They say they use the 3-4-3 formation but that only works
                              when everyone has good touch, passing, and soccer IQ. When the developed outside
                              of the club players come in, everything is about winning. So, just go to a club where
                              your kid can develop well and then just move when it is time.

Comment

why not? coach your own team so that you can assemble your own roster. bet you would pick your kid too.
                                Not if my son,nephew,or cousin are scrubs.Change your last name to Nguyen and you will make the top team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X