Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDP Futures

Why do teams feel it is OK to run up the score at the younger age groups? Is winning 15-0, 17-0 really good for either team?

Why teach young players to take the foot off the pedal? Pro teams lose for getting cocky or parking the bus. You play to win not to win in a politically correct way. If you can't stand losing take your kid to play chess.

Comment

Good coaches will make the game more challenging for the better team. Plenty of opportunities for in game development.

Comment

Future boring Goal caps

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Good coaches will make the game more challenging for the better team. Plenty of opportunities for in game development.
        I’ve been to little league games and watched 8 runs scored in a half inning.
        Now I know they have mercy rules but no one flinches at football scores at baseball.
        Why do people think you should cap goals in little kid soccer?
        They don’t keep score in futures. It’s round robin 15-20 minute games.
        Who cares what the score is?
        If you want to have a mercy rule in higher age groups fine.
        Perhaps a dozen and the game is over.
        Telling 5-9 year olds not to score more then 5 is silly.

Comment

I’ve been to little league games and watched 8 runs scored in a half inning.
          Now I know they have mercy rules but no one flinches at football scores at baseball.
          Why do people think you should cap goals in little kid soccer?
          They don’t keep score in futures. It’s round robin 15-20 minute games.
          Who cares what the score is?
          If you want to have a mercy rule in higher age groups fine.
          Perhaps a dozen and the game is over.
          Telling 5-9 year olds not to score more then 5 is silly.
          It’s 60 minute league games - not 15-20 minute round robin games. Also, they do keep scores, and they keep standings. You just don’t see them as easily.

Comment

Future

It’s 60 minute league games - not 15-20 minute round robin games. Also, they do keep scores, and they keep standings. You just don’t see them as easily.
            I was thinking it was the Futures like they held festivals that were weekly round robins @DTS
            Maybe a mercy rule then. Score 10 game over
            Want to keep playing learn to play keep away or get more creative B4 you score

Comment

IMO - YES
              The rest of the soccer world does not mercy rule games, why should EDP?
              It is an forty minutes to an hour of play. If one team is up 10-0 then the team that is losing by 10 should learn lessons for the next game and the team up by 10 should issue in-game challenges like everyone touches the ball twice before you shoot, etc... EDP is a competetive league and soccer should not be dragged into the MOSA up by 6 goals, we can't score anymore nonsense. If the blowouts continue the team should go into a town travel league for the 2021 season, get a new coach or disband.

Comment

Scoring is fun

IMO - YES
                The rest of the soccer world does not mercy rule games, why should EDP?
                It is an forty minutes to an hour of play. If one team is up 10-0 then the team that is losing by 10 should learn lessons for the next game and the team up by 10 should issue in-game challenges like everyone touches the ball twice before you shoot, etc... EDP is a competetive league and soccer should not be dragged into the MOSA up by 6 goals, we can't score anymore nonsense. If the blowouts continue the team should go into a town travel league for the 2021 season, get a new coach or disband.
                Why do parents get so worked up about blow outs?
                Blowouts in baseball, football, and basketball happen all the time.
                I watched a LL game last week the pitcher hit & walked the bases over and over 5-6 runs w/o a hit. No one got upset

Fact; scoring is fun
                Fact scoring is the most entertaining part of any game
                Fact sportsmanship is important as well

Comment

I don’t think EDP needs to change anything or add any type of cap. Coaches should adapt game plan to the situation. Move the players around, play back to goalie, force team to play indirect, don’t crash the 18 on a goal kick. Plenty of ways to approach the game instead of winning a game by 15- 20 goals.

Comment

Some leagues fine the club for that type of score. When it gets to a point where you know the game is going to be like this. Only with your opposite foot. Only after 5 passes, only a one touch off a pass. Your bench should be in and your strikers on D. Zero reason for a score like that and clubs should get fined.

Comment

I don’t think EDP needs to change anything or add any type of cap. Coaches should adapt game plan to the situation. Move the players around, play back to goalie, force team to play indirect, don’t crash the 18 on a goal kick. Plenty of ways to approach the game instead of winning a game by 15- 20 goals.
                      Yup, at the Futures ages, I completely agree. Kids that young still have a lot to learn about the game, and they benefit from being given extra challenges before continuing to run up the score. Good coaches know how to do this. One caveat, if you're the coach of a team blowing out the score, don't keep yelling, "don't score!!" when the ball gets anywhere near your attacking third. That's piss poor sportsmanship.

Comment

Add challenges

Yup, at the Futures ages, I completely agree. Kids that young still have a lot to learn about the game, and they benefit from being given extra challenges before continuing to run up the score. Good coaches know how to do this. One caveat, if you're the coach of a team blowing out the score, don't keep yelling, "don't score!!" when the ball gets anywhere near your attacking third. That's piss poor sportsmanship.
                        Only one kid allowed to score “pick a kid who rarely scores”

Comment

Future

Only one kid allowed to score “pick a kid who rarely scores”
                          EDP futures is good it definitely stepped back from the lofty development goals from years ago

Comment

Festivals are great for development but the price is just not reasonable at $250 per festival.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X