Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes. Fun to toy with these soft rich kids while they pay for everything. Soft affluence sharpens steel!
    Stay in school and get an education, you can make it too. No need to take shots at those who can afford it.

Comment

Stay in school and get an education, you can make it too. No need to take shots at those who can afford it.
      That was sarcasm for the arrogant jerk spouting off in here about her superstar.

I take shots at the industry. Never the kids.

Comment

Large Rosters

That was sarcasm for the arrogant jerk spouting off in here about her superstar.

I take shots at the industry. Never the kids.
        "don't hate the playa, hate the game"

Comment

How the f*** is this racist? There is absolutely nothing in the post that suggests, implies, or insinuates racism on any level. Maybe you are one of those people who enjoys trying to find "racism" in everything, no matter how innocuous. I hope you are trolling, because anyone stupid enough to genuinely believe it is racist should be kept away from children.
          You are racist. If you don't admit that or apologize for it, you are doubly racist.

Comment

You are racist. If you don't admit that or apologize for it, you are doubly racist.
            You are confusing wealth and income with race.

Comment

Large Rosters

Racism is easy for you when your anonymous. I see that’s your sport instead of soccer.
              so being rich is considered a race? liberals are dumb as door nails.

Comment

so being rich is considered a race? liberals are dumb as door nails.
                I dont think this silly poster mixing up race and wealth is a liberal but they do have some homework to do.

Comment

Large Rosters

I dont think this silly poster mixing up race and wealth is a liberal but they do have some homework to do.
                  your obviously a liberal yourself. when you said "I dont think" you totally give yourself away.

Comment

Yes. Fun to toy with these soft rich kids while they pay for everything. Soft affluence sharpens steel!
                    And you don’t think these are racist talking points when parents refer to NJ Soccer clubs as “fancy country clubs” and the analogy of golf as well as the above parents quote that speaks for itself. Don’t deflect and tell us that’s not making a racist point. I am a hard working middle class person who chooses how and where to spend my hard earned money. For long trips we send our daughter with other families and make her soccer work because she loves playing this game and her team. She is not playing for an athletic scholarship but rather for the life experiences and if soccer helps her get into the college of her choice even better. Parents like the above know exactly what they are saying and it’s wrong.

Comment

In the US race and wealth are strongly correlated. Proportionally more minorities are poor vs whites - but not all. Proportionally more middle to upper income households are white - but not all. Youth soccer is a sport best afforded by middle to upper income families, who are "more likely " to also be white. That is all.

Different poster

Comment

In the US race and wealth are strongly correlated. Proportionally more minorities are poor vs whites - but not all. Proportionally more middle to upper income households are white - but not all. Youth soccer is a sport best afforded by middle to upper income families, who are "more likely " to also be white. That is all.

Different poster
                        What about Youth sports like hockey, swimming, basketball, baseball, LAX, etc. They are all team sports. Why is soccer different then those team/club sports?

Comment

I do not admit it, so I do not apologize for it. If you don't like it, go f*** yourself.

Comment

What about Youth sports like hockey, swimming, basketball, baseball, LAX, etc. They are all team sports. Why is soccer different then those team/club sports?
                            Basketball is different because there is potentially big money involved . Baseball is different because there is a professional minor league. The rest are similar to soccer, especially Lax.

Comment

Hockey, swimming and LAX are also heavily white. Like the poster alluded to how much of that is income driven
                              vs popularity? Its hard to separate income and race in this country. Pool and ice time costs a fortune and easy access is an issue in cities. Lax, while growing quickly, is still a very small sport nationally and definitely has a white frat boy reputation. Basketball, football and to a lesser extent baseball are not nearly as white. Those sports have a greater network of lower cost programs run by parent volunteers who have extensive experience themselves with the sports. Those sports still afford opportunities to get noticed in HS by college coaches. With soccer it's all about pricey travel leagues. A top player might get scholarships based on income need, but those scholarships are few and far between. A top boy may make it to a free to play MLS club, if his parents live near a club.

Comment

Large Rosters

Hockey, swimming and LAX are also heavily white. Like the poster alluded to how much of that is income driven
                                vs popularity? Its hard to separate income and race in this country. Pool and ice time costs a fortune and easy access is an issue in cities. Lax, while growing quickly, is still a very small sport nationally and definitely has a white frat boy reputation. Basketball, football and to a lesser extent baseball are not nearly as white. Those sports have a greater network of lower cost programs run by parent volunteers who have extensive experience themselves with the sports. Those sports still afford opportunities to get noticed in HS by college coaches. With soccer it's all about pricey travel leagues. A top player might get scholarships based on income need, but those scholarships are few and far between. A top boy may make it to a free to play MLS club, if his parents live near a club.
                                some of the best LAX players ever came from Long Island (and Black) anyone ever hear of Jim Brown? there are a few others.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X