Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lots of ifs but IF my son was good enough and IF we were able to get him to Foxboro as needed and IF he was willing to make it worth everyone's time and effort, of course I'd do it from central CT.

And every blowhard dad on here wishes they had that same opportunity.
    can't believe anyone would waste so much of their life driving around for a children's game.

Comment

Lots of ifs but IF my son was good enough and IF we were able to get him to Foxboro as needed and IF he was willing to make it worth everyone's time and effort, of course I'd do it from central CT.

good thing i'm a blowhard mom

Comment

can't believe anyone would waste so much of their life driving around for a children's game.
        On rare occasion the sacrifices are worth it. Some players are at that level and won't get the training and challenges needed at local clubs. Personally I know that while my son might make an MLS roster he'd probably get very little PT. In such an instance it's absolutely no worth it. But if he were a starter AND there were no other good options in the area, it would at least be considered.

Comment

On rare occasion the sacrifices are worth it. Some players are at that level and won't get the training and challenges needed at local clubs. Personally I know that while my son might make an MLS roster he'd probably get very little PT. In such an instance it's absolutely no worth it. But if he were a starter AND there were no other good options in the area, it would at least be considered.
          your kid must not be that good ... OW killed revs and OW not that good.

Comment

Have fun burning cash just because .....

https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/5461

Comment

I looked. Somers (CFC), Hebron (OW), and 2 in Glastonbury (one CFC, one OW... according to the Revs site).

My 3 seconds of searching didn't find youth rosters for NYRB.

But like someone said... best facilities in the northeast with (one would assume) top coaching, teammates, and competition for the right kid and family structure? At least the Glastonbury kids can carpool.

And good for those kids if this is what they want to do.
              I’m not knocking, it’s just the logistics are mind boggling unless you are retired

Comment

good thing i'm a blowhard mom
                Please demonstrate your technique.

Comment

Of course.

Comment

I’m not knocking, it’s just the logistics are mind boggling unless you are retired
                    If your kid is U17 and drives there are no “logistics”. If they don’t drive, the logistics aren’t “mind boggling” at all. Not that difficult to figure it out of its worth it.

Comment

Have fun burning cash just because .....

https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/5461
                      Wow. Can’t they get crushed in NY and MA for a fraction of the price?

Comment

If your kid is U17 and drives there are no “logistics”. If they don’t drive, the logistics aren’t “mind boggling” at all. Not that difficult to figure it out of its worth it.
                        They can just walk on the team at U17 and displace someone who was already training at the academy? Feels like you’d have to start academy at u12 if the training, teammates, competition, and overall opportunity is better. Hence my question on logistics. Are people
                        Really joining at U17?

Comment

Wow. Can’t they get crushed in NY and MA for a fraction of the price?
                          getting crushed? look at the scores only ow 06 has played 1 GF 7 GA.

Comment

Like someone said in some instances it may be worth it, like to get a top MLS player to NYCFC. However many times, like with the Stars and PDA parents, it's about parents who couldn't get what they wanted and burned their local bridges. There's a best a very marginal benefit vs the time lost

Comment

Embarrassing that a group of dads put together a u little team of pink wearing boys and join tournaments that Oakwood doesn’t want any part of - and get trounced!
                              LOL. Kids play in the off season for fun. Looks like they had a +16 GD last tournament, so hardly getting trounced. Just butthurt that your kid didnt get the invite?

Comment

getting crushed? look at the scores only ow 06 has played 1 GF 7 GA.
                                isnt 1GF and 7 against pretty much teh definition of getting crushed?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X