Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mls ii

Does anyone know more about a MLS II league? It's suppose to be secondary to the MLS Next league. Some clubs are having tryouts for their teams that are in this league but I don't see any information about this league in MLS. I thought it was the Elite Athletic League but this doesn't seem to be the same.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone know more about a MLS II league? It's suppose to be secondary to the MLS Next league. Some clubs are having tryouts for their teams that are in this league but I don't see any information about this league in MLS. I thought it was the Elite Athletic League but this doesn't seem to be the same.
    MLS2 is basically a sort of expanded U23 league that will either kill or absorb the USL. I do not think this impacts the MLS Next structure, which will continue to be the MLS Academies and their affiliated youth clubs.

Comment

I think OP is referring to MLS Next II, not MLS2.

Yes, seems like absorbing the EAL into the MLS Next brand but not necessarily imposing MLS Next requirements (e.g. they will have HS teams). Seems like another upsell of "premier" for MLS Next clubs, and a way to siphon decent non-MLS Next clubs from EDP, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I think OP is referring to MLS Next II, not MLS2.

Yes, seems like absorbing the EAL into the MLS Next brand but not necessarily imposing MLS Next requirements (e.g. they will have HS teams). Seems like another upsell of "premier" for MLS Next clubs, and a way to siphon decent non-MLS Next clubs from EDP, imo.
        OP here. Yes, I was referring to MLS Next II. I think you're right about the absorption. I noticed that a lot of teams that were in the Northeast conference on the EAL site last month is no longer there now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X