Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayside tryouts are an exercise in shame.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    She will go away for a few months until CW starts playing again.
    You mean the next state champs?

Comment

I do not think Bayside will hurt a child’s development boy or girl. All clubs have better coaches. The better coaches on Bayside are coaching boys teams, however the girls are doing well and I think the club is as invested in player development in the u little years as they are winning in the older ages. It’s ok. They have their own competitive vibe there and it works. The older girls with a lot of talent head off to Scorpions because of the pathway there and it’s location in Taunton is ideal. However remember those older girls who leave, were developed at Bayside.
      Surf feels like a work in progress, a bit of a mess and families are disappointed because the focus has been on marketing more than building a club with development.
      Not sure about the hate in this thread for Bayside, but you just highlighted the main takeaway: pathway. Bayside has a good path for boys as you can start at ulittle and work all the way up to MLS Next, which is the highest league for boys. On the girls, ECNL and GA are the highest leagues, with ECNL taking the top spot for now. Bayside offers neither for the girls, so if the player has the talent to make a Scorpions ECNL team, the nearest ECNL club, then it makes sense to go there around U13/14.

Doesn't mean Bayside is a bad club for girls, just their focus has to be on developing ulittles and they won't retain their top talent at the older ages, so those teams won't be quite as competitive. If you aren't chasing D1, it doesn't matter, because Bayside is a fine option for D3, as are numerous other clubs. The aggregators like Stars and Scorpions will always have that advantage because ECNL won't let every club join. It's fine though because reality is there isn't enough talent in the RI/MA/CT area for more than 5 ECNL teams and 4 GA teams per age group.

Focus on where your kid is developing and enjoying the game. If they are good enough, it will all work out with regards to level.

Comment

Have to agree

You mean the next state champs?
        Yes. That’s them

Comment

Yes. That’s them
          A juggernaut for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
            no one in ri is talented enough to play for a true elite d1 soccer program like stanford. They wind up a dog programs at sad schools.
            wow this is definitley a bayside comment. Nobody is talented enough?? As a coach its your job . There are tons of players out there in new england that could play at standford. And this is the exact reason why players from europe are so much better because their coaches do not speak like this. They do all they can to make them the best. Not say nobody is talented enough.. You guys disgust me. I wish your names were on blast so parents could see the type of coaches they are paying for. . Straight trash.

Comment

wow this is definitley a bayside comment. Nobody is talented enough?? As a coach its your job . There are tons of players out there in new england that could play at standford. And this is the exact reason why players from europe are so much better because their coaches do not speak like this. They do all they can to make them the best. Not say nobody is talented enough.. You guys disgust me. I wish your names were on blast so parents could see the type of coaches they are paying for. . Straight trash.
              Bayside making the comment? How do you figure? They are a RI club. Why would they **** on RI players. It is clearly a MA club.

Comment

Bayside does not care as long as they can get 1 or 2 players in their program attending PC. Stanford is only for an exception and once in a blue moon for NE let alone little Rhody.

Comment

Ummm. You are crazy. If they were good enough Stanford would recruit them. They won’t touch Revs kids. They are all garbage.

BTW not a bayside parent.

Comment

wow

Says the guy who is probably at his 6th tryout in 8 years sitting on the sideline right now w all the other beer belly’s talking about all the bad coaching and how your kid plays varsity but catches all the splinters everywhere else
                    Gotta be a high school kid putting on a roasting session that good. I would just change splinters to freezing cold metal

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X