Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    SCP is trying to run tryouts now. It’s becoming apparent to everyone that they will not have many teams left. They may even be done. It was an absolute free fall. I have to imagine Ginga will pick up most of the players who leave.
    There were "In a free fall" several years ago yet are still around.

Comment

What a weird post. On the girls side top talent obviously goes to CFC United. And it isn’t close Oakwood still has some strong teams. Fsa is a bit of an Ecnl train wreck so who knows what is happening there.

Next level down is EDP. Those girls go to Yankee Ginga or maybe Chelsea piers in the south. CFC Ercl is probably at this level too CFC valley and North regional try to stay in the top division of EDP but they aren’t real competitive.

State EDP levels are next and those are basically decent town travel teams for the most part.
      And boys? I agree - CFC girls are dominant. Boys I see FSA and CFC are the only programs with ECNL teams in CT but only one (FSA 2008 I think) is near the top of the table and both sides are middle /lower middle for other years and pre-ECNL and younger don't mean much. I guess my question was more surrounding what appears to be a lack of top TOP club in CT for boys - and perhaps there would be if the kids weren't spread across several teams.

Granted, it's not all about wins if the coaching is good. Most of TS is about girls teams, so I should have been more clear.

Comment

Siccer

Add ct rush elite to the next tier after Ecnl and oakwood And I agree with that post. The boy side is definitely messier now that beachside isn’t what it used to be.

Comment

There were "In a free fall" several years ago yet are still around.
          Yes, still around like your 102 year old grandmother. Mentally and physically diminished beyond repair. SCP had its day but that was a long time ago. No more Dikranian means no more credibility. They will be around for a couple of more years as their HS teams graduate. They no longer have any teams below U13. They are done, no future.

Comment

Add ct rush elite to the next tier after Ecnl and oakwood And I agree with that post. The boy side is definitely messier now that beachside isn’t what it used to be.
            Another putz out there just finding this board from rush. Hey, albany zip it

Comment

Where the heck does a top talent go these days. Everywhere is so watered down with there being so many choices now. There's no "top CT club" or "clubs" anymore.
              Agree with later post about CFC>FSA/Oakwood>pick 'em

I think some of it is regional, too. East of Hartford you're probably going to Oakwood, but if you're closer to MA maybe you suck it up and go to FC Stars. West of Hartford down to Norwalk you're going CFC. Closer to NY you might go NYCFC. The true crazies will ignore that and just decide to spend 10+ hours a week driving all over to practices. But for most people some of this is about what's closest/reasonable.

If your kid is a true stud, then they'll be ok at any of CFC, FSA or Oakwood. Even Yankee if you're clearly D1 talent (the nova kid, the maryland kid). If you're a good to really good player, then go to CFC. Just more opportunity to go to real showcases and have real coaches watch you. Plus b/c they have had a few good classes like the current crop of freshman in college coaches know them and you get the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X