Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neanderthals

Texas reported zero deaths from COVID-19 on Sunday, just two months after Gov. Greg Abbott drew heat from the White House for rolling back business restrictions and lifting the state's mask mandate.

It marked the first time the Lone Star State reported no coronavirus deaths in about 14 months, according to state health data. Abbott said the case numbers reported on Sunday – 388 – were the lowest in more than 13 months, while the number of hospitalizations was the lowest in 11 months.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Texas reported zero deaths from COVID-19 on Sunday, just two months after Gov. Greg Abbott drew heat from the White House for rolling back business restrictions and lifting the state's mask mandate.

It marked the first time the Lone Star State reported no coronavirus deaths in about 14 months, according to state health data. Abbott said the case numbers reported on Sunday – 388 – were the lowest in more than 13 months, while the number of hospitalizations was the lowest in 11 months.
    - Massachusetts has been averaging 10 deaths/day for the last 7 days with 6 deaths reported yesterday.
    - Texas has been averaging 43 deaths/day for the last 7 days with 0 deaths reported yesterday.

I suspect the 0 is going to get corrected.

Comment

Texas has like 4x the population than Massachusetts, and their rates are just about equal (data I am looking at is 2 weeks old so some room for moving the needle either way).

The difference is TX is near the top for least restrictions; MA near the bottom.

All things being equal (i.e. the infection rate) I'll take the state that is open and operating so I can live my life as intended.

I know, I know...that's the Neanderthal in me talking....

Comment

lol stats are always low/nonexistent on the weekends in almost every state.

Comment

- Massachusetts has been averaging 10 deaths/day for the last 7 days with 6 deaths reported yesterday.
          - Texas has been averaging 43 deaths/day for the last 7 days with 0 deaths reported yesterday.

Adjusted for population both MA and TX are the same at .1 death per 100K. MA cases are down -25% the last week, TX down -14%

Comment

They also reported zero cases, when they've been averaging 1600 the last week. It's simply about non reporting, not that there's no cases or deaths. Both states are doing about the same when adjusted for population for case and death trends. MA has a much higher rate of vaccinations than TX though, so come back in a month and let's see if data for both states is still trending in the same direction (MA 47% full, 62% one shot; TX 32% full, 41% one shot)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X