Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNLR or GAL

My daughter currently plays ECNLR, but I’m being told she will get more college attention playing GAL. What’s your opinion??

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My daughter currently plays ECNLR, but I’m being told she will get more college attention playing GAL. What’s your opinion??
    Not even a comparison! GA is way above!

Comment

For now, I would say all things being equal GAL will give better exposure than ECNL-R. But close to 6 of one and half a dozen of another.

Comment

Who’s the idiot who started this thread? Really?

Comment

Both are over rated cash grabs. If its one or the other go with the better team and coach that will get them exposure.

Comment

Sunshine conference girls academy is better then ecnl-r the GAL is way better then both Ecnl-r and Sunshine... the most ridiculous post ever really what is soccer in America coming down to .

You know the DA shutting down has set soccer back 15 years in this country . Ecnl-r exposure to college soccer oh my word . Play HS soccer and city leagues way better then ecnl-r

Comment

Sunshine conference girls academy is better then ecnl-r the GAL is way better then both Ecnl-r and Sunshine... the most ridiculous post ever really what is soccer in America coming down to .

You know the DA shutting down has set soccer back 15 years in this country . Ecnl-r exposure to college soccer oh my word . Play HS soccer and city leagues way better then ecnl-r
              You guys are all idiots.

GAL is a joke. Just look at the teams in it for Florida and how bad they’ve gotten. WFF? Lmao.

ECNL is still by far the best in the country. Now having DA was the best thing ever, but Florida is still trying to get a grip. Clubs they were left out or left ECNL have started their own stuff with GAL or DPL. It is a temporary bandaid as they don’t want to go back to USYS generic soccer.

ECNL-R is a good option kind of like when FSPL first started 7-8 years ago. When there were only a few clubs that had ECNL and DA didn’t exist for girls. It’s obviously not as good as ECNL, but some of the teams are better than GAL, and if the club is rising, you have a chance at getting ECNL.

Sunshine Conference stuff is a joke. USYS has gone downhill so fast in past 2-3 years. Don’t even bother as just look at State Cup? 7-8 teams registered when they used to have over 40! Florida Cup is more competitive now.

Comment

You guys are all idiots.

GAL is a joke. Just look at the teams in it for Florida and how bad they’ve gotten. WFF? Lmao.

ECNL is still by far the best in the country. Now having DA was the best thing ever, but Florida is still trying to get a grip. Clubs they were left out or left ECNL have started their own stuff with GAL or DPL. It is a temporary bandaid as they don’t want to go back to USYS generic soccer.

ECNL-R is a good option kind of like when FSPL first started 7-8 years ago. When there were only a few clubs that had ECNL and DA didn’t exist for girls. It’s obviously not as good as ECNL, but some of the teams are better than GAL, and if the club is rising, you have a chance at getting ECNL.

Sunshine Conference stuff is a joke. USYS has gone downhill so fast in past 2-3 years. Don’t even bother as just look at State Cup? 7-8 teams registered when they used to have over 40! Florida Cup is more competitive now.
                Agree to disagree the sunshine conf stuff is not a joke it’s equal to ecnl-r and if it gets backed by a larger group and it might one year from now it will be the next GAL so stay tuned IMG is in it and it’s a well run league . We are talking sunshine girls academy league .
                It’s is worth a long term look . Also being looked at by a larger league as the go to for girls not now but 1-2 years . So keep an eye on that one. Ecnl is the best for now not ecnl-r nope .

Comment

GAL is a joke. ECNL-R is better competition. Stay away from GAL

Comment

The one who started this thread has a daughter that plays ecnl but is so upset she lost to am ecnlr team that he is on a one man journey to discredit the league.

Who’s the idiot who started this thread? Really?

Comment

GAL is a joke. ECNL-R is better competition. Stay away from GAL
                      It’s better because the teams in ecnr are terrible so the playing field is equal.

Comment

Here is your best answer. If the club you are looking at for ECNLR also has ECNL on the girls side the go with that. If no go with the gal league

Comment

Think it's down to the club. If you're looking at WFF run far away it will be an awful experience in GAL. Look how their 04 team did this past season. If its ecnlr CC and not the 04 or 06 eclr teams run far away. It's really down to individual age group at various clubs.

Comment

Here is your best answer. If the club you are looking at for ECNLR also has ECNL on the girls side the go with that. If no go with the gal league
                            Exactly- if you want to get the most looks at getting bumped to ECNL - you go with the club that actually has ECNL - Tampa Bay United if you are an ECNL-R player. Why give your kid 1 night opportunity to try out (since can’t go to earlier clinics because FL Premier and Chargers folks are ECNL-R clubs that have to wait until 5/1)? You play at TBU in ECNL-R all year and get multiple looks, the club and coaches get to see who your player is much more often than 1 night a year - unless you hit both tryout nights. Feel the pressure from Fl Premier to strong arm you signing up NOW - they can wait, it’s about what’s best for your daughter not about what’s best for Florida Premier.

Comment

Your daughter's team lost. Get over it.

Exactly- if you want to get the most looks at getting bumped to ECNL - you go with the club that actually has ECNL - Tampa Bay United if you are an ECNL-R player. Why give your kid 1 night opportunity to try out (since can’t go to earlier clinics because FL Premier and Chargers folks are ECNL-R clubs that have to wait until 5/1)? You play at TBU in ECNL-R all year and get multiple looks, the club and coaches get to see who your player is much more often than 1 night a year - unless you hit both tryout nights. Feel the pressure from Fl Premier to strong arm you signing up NOW - they can wait, it’s about what’s best for your daughter not about what’s best for Florida Premier.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X