Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Trim Some Fat

Sen. Joni Ernst, is introducing a new bill to cut the size of the federal bureaucracy and prevent political appointees from turning their appointments into lifelong, career positions.

Ernst plans to introduce the Reduce Bureaucracy Act on Wednesday to limit the size of the federal government while making sure that federal appointees "cannot ‘burrow’" into their agencies by taking a lifelong career role.

Ernst is taking aim at the "unelected bureaucrats in Washington, D.C." in the release, saying that, more than enough times, these individuals have forced what they think is best on the people who live in less populated areas, like the rural parts of Ernst’s home state, Iowa.

"Too often, unelected bureaucrats in Washington, D.C. think they know what’s best and make decisions that negatively affect the lives of folks in places like rural Iowa, and across what they like to call ‘fly over country,’" Ernst said in a statement.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sen. Joni Ernst, is introducing a new bill to cut the size of the federal bureaucracy and prevent political appointees from turning their appointments into lifelong, career positions.

Ernst plans to introduce the Reduce Bureaucracy Act on Wednesday to limit the size of the federal government while making sure that federal appointees "cannot ‘burrow’" into their agencies by taking a lifelong career role.

Ernst is taking aim at the "unelected bureaucrats in Washington, D.C." in the release, saying that, more than enough times, these individuals have forced what they think is best on the people who live in less populated areas, like the rural parts of Ernst’s home state, Iowa.

"Too often, unelected bureaucrats in Washington, D.C. think they know what’s best and make decisions that negatively affect the lives of folks in places like rural Iowa, and across what they like to call ‘fly over country,’" Ernst said in a statement.
    <yawn>

Not going to pay any attention to what Joni Ernst thinks until her own caucus takes her seriously ….

GOP Senator Joni Ernst of Iowa defends Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) from efforts to unseat her from the No. 3 House Republican post, calling the efforts "cancel culture."
    So put me down for the same views on Joni’s little grandstand “Act” as her own caucus had for her Monday letter <snore>

Cons are just so small right now.

Comment

See, I specifically removed any reference to her political party, and posted the rest of the commentary, as this should be viewed as a non-partisan issue.

But, once you read her name, all rational thought goes out the window and you move the commentary to something you are more comfortable with.

Thanks for playing. All too easy most days.

Comment

See, I specifically removed any reference to her political party, and posted the rest of the commentary, as this should be viewed as a non-partisan issue.

But, once you read her name, all rational thought goes out the window and you move the commentary to something you are more comfortable with.

I didn’t need to know her name or party to know that it’s a ridiculous notion, done solely for political grandstanding.

Thank YOU for playing. As I’ve told you so many times, would be nice if you provided more of a challenge but I’m happy to push back your nonsense whenever I have a spare 15-30 seconds

Comment

I didn’t need to know her name or party to know that it’s a ridiculous notion, done solely for political grandstanding.

Thank YOU for playing. As I’ve told you so many times, would be nice if you provided more of a challenge but I’m happy to push back your nonsense whenever I have a spare 15-30 seconds

Exposed as a partisan hack, again. No interest in the subject, only listening to your fingers tap tap tap away.

Too easyyyy.

Comment

Many so called lifers actually do a tremendous job serving this country and for pay much less than they can get in the private sector. Experience in many jobs actually matters. Creating some bullcrap bill to limit terms of service yet Congress would never dream of limiting their own?

Comment

Many so called lifers actually do a tremendous job serving this country and for pay much less than they can get in the private sector. Experience in many jobs actually matters. Creating some bullcrap bill to limit terms of service yet Congress would never dream of limiting their own?
              ^^^^^ 💯

Excellent point at end. Why a politician proposes term limiting themselves first, then you will know it isn’t a grandstand move.

Comment

Exposed as a partisan hack, again. No interest in the subject, only listening to your fingers tap tap tap away.

Too easyyyy.
                Ridiculous. It’s not at all partisan. Being a scientist, I know how hard expertise is to come by. It shouldn’t be hard to understand why I would be reluctant to dump that regardless of who thinks it’s a good idea.

I’m ok with letting this stand. Ive explained my position. You haven’t, you’ve only engaged in partisan sniping. I trust readers to make up there own mind.

Keep winning hearts and minds! W

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X