Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Referee abuse

It seems like we have a real problem with referee abuse as there is an increase of fans and coaches screaming and yelling at referees non stop. What’s happening out there and why don’t the refs issue more yellow and red cards??? This is getting out of control.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It seems like we have a real problem with referee abuse as there is an increase of fans and coaches screaming and yelling at referees non stop. What’s happening out there and why don’t the refs issue more yellow and red cards??? This is getting out of control.
    I seem to recall a game where the ref had to stop it because the MF Shore parents were out of control. These ref are sometimes young kids and really don't deserve to be yelled at by a bunch on loud mouth drunks at a youth soccer game

Comment

I remember a game, not too long ago, where the abuse was so bad from a coach the ref indeed did kick him out. Gave him a red and, as it turns, out, the Director of Coaching (who was the coach) was tossed.

So, it can happen. Should happen more.

Comment

I was at a game when the ref actually spoke to both the coach and parents about how they should be embarrassed of themselves and their conduct. Then he told the team they should be better then their parents. This was a team of 9 year olds. It was crazy.

Comment

I seem to recall a game where the ref had to stop it because the MF Shore parents were out of control. These ref are sometimes young kids and really don't deserve to be yelled at by a bunch on loud mouth drunks at a youth soccer game
          I was at a game where the MF Shore parents helped the ref find his car keys and then pushed his vehicle out of a snow bank where he was stuck in the parking lot. Match Fit Shore parents get a bad rap because of this dumb Forum. I know a bunch of them from soccer trainings and other functions and they think the posts and messages on this forum are a hoot .

Comment

We were at a game in Howell recently and their parents were absolutely awful. Embarrassing for that club. Even the referees looked like they did not want to be there.

Comment

Honestly this mostly can come down to respect for the coach. Yes, we have yelled something occasionally but for the most part if the coach is respectful and professional the parents should be the same regardless of the situation. Even if the ref is terrible, let the coach deal with it.

Comment

We were at a game in Howell recently and their parents were absolutely awful. Embarrassing for that club. Even the referees looked like they did not want to be there.
                This happens everywhere now and is the norm in youth soccer. But the referees have gotten way too sensitive and they are quite poor on top of it. We’ve played in Howell before as away team and they refs are not good. With that said no excuse to yell and scream at them. This is a youth soccer wide issue.

Comment

I was at a game where the MF Shore parents helped the ref find his car keys and then pushed his vehicle out of a snow bank where he was stuck in the parking lot. Match Fit Shore parents get a bad rap because of this dumb Forum. I know a bunch of them from soccer trainings and other functions and they think the posts and messages on this forum are a hoot .
                  I remember that. If memory serves, we were half in the bag. I remember one of our parents fell in the snow and we laughed until Jason came over. He always runs the fun. Can't wait till this jerkoff is gone

Comment

I was at a Match Fit Shore game where I saw a parent jump in and help the center ref out who was alone and the parent ended up as the Assistant Ref the whole game . Very classy parents and club.

Comment

This happens everywhere now and is the norm in youth soccer. But the referees have gotten way too sensitive and they are quite poor on top of it. We’ve played in Howell before as away team and they refs are not good. With that said no excuse to yell and scream at them. This is a youth soccer wide issue.
                      On top of that there is a referee shortage so abusing the referees is driving them out of the game.

Comment

I was at a Match Fit Shore game where I saw a parent jump in and help the center ref out who was alone and the parent ended up as the Assistant Ref the whole game . Very classy parents and club.
                        I remember that game. We were so drunk. He was calling all sorts of plays in our favor. I love my club. Our parents are the best. (except for that ass Jason and his wife. We can't stand them. RT is trying to find a goalie so bad so we can get rid of this doucenozzle) WE ARE THE SHORE!!

Comment

On top of that there is a referee shortage so abusing the referees is driving them out of the game.
                          That’s because refs can make more $ collecting unemployment than reffing games and putting up with abuse from stupid parents and coaches.

Comment

Abuse isn't the only reason there's a shortage but it definitely plays a role. Younger refs don't make as much money since they usually get lower level games to start off. They look at the $ vs what they have to put up with and often decide it's not worth it. Then they won't ever become older more experienced refs.

Comment

It's a youth sports issue. Plenty of bad parents (and coaches) across all sports.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X