Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Youth Soccer Regional ODP Player

My son got an invite to attend the ODP South Regional in July in Tennessee. Is it worth attending? Can anybody tell me more about it? Is it truly invite only? I know like 35+ kids are so got picked for the ODP state team. Did all 35+ kids get invited to this regional event as well or did they really just invite a select handful of those 35+ Kids.

It's like any other soccer camp and $300 for 4 days isn't terrible.

Comment

I just dont understand traveling to Tennessee for the same joke they have here . Save your money odp is a complete joke .pay to play

Comment

Yes everyone was “invited.”

Comment

I believe as well everyone on the state teams were invited. Still a good opportunity to get your kid experience in that kind of setting. It will be good training with good coaches. There will be college coaches helping conduct the camp and possibly youth national team scouts/coaches. If your kid flashes at this regional camp then they can get invited to a national camp which again is a great opportunity and exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I believe as well everyone on the state teams were invited. Still a good opportunity to get your kid experience in that kind of setting. It will be good training with good coaches. There will be college coaches helping conduct the camp and possibly youth national team scouts/coaches. If your kid flashes at this regional camp then they can get invited to a national camp which again is a great opportunity and exposure.
            That kind of setting ? 😂😂. Yeah a better version of kickball. MLS next is bad .odp is horrible..

Comment

My son got an invite to attend the ODP South Regional in July in Tennessee. Is it worth attending? Can anybody tell me more about it? Is it truly invite only? I know like 35+ kids are so got picked for the ODP state team. Did all 35+ kids get invited to this regional event as well or did they really just invite a select handful of those 35+ Kids.

Depends on how old your kid is to determine the worth. U15 and under its a good enough experience for your kid. Exposes him or her to a process of playing for coaches you don't know that well or kids on your team. If they want to play at higher levels and in college this just gives them the experience of going through a try out process and how to handle the nerves.

In essence, the whole ODP process is to dwindle the kids down to a national ODP team per age group. So how it works is you make the state team, those teams go to TN to play other state teams, a regional team is selected to play other regional teams later in the year (usually in FL), from the regional event a national team is selected. Its this team that would get the real exposure to the national team scouts. So in the end you are looking at one maybe up to three kids getting selected from the regional team to play on that national team. Like everything else in sports, the higher you move up the smaller the chances of making it.

You have to ask yourself, how good is may kid really? What can they handle emotionally? Be realistic on what you can and want out of the experience. We did it for a couple of years and went on some fun trips and had some good memories. In the end, I would recommend it to people as long as they understand their kid more than likely is not going to make the Olympic team.

Comment

Depends on how old your kid is to determine the worth. U15 and under its a good enough experience for your kid. Exposes him or her to a process of playing for coaches you don't know that well or kids on your team. If they want to play at higher levels and in college this just gives them the experience of going through a try out process and how to handle the nerves.

In essence, the whole ODP process is to dwindle the kids down to a national ODP team per age group. So how it works is you make the state team, those teams go to TN to play other state teams, a regional team is selected to play other regional teams later in the year (usually in FL), from the regional event a national team is selected. Its this team that would get the real exposure to the national team scouts. So in the end you are looking at one maybe up to three kids getting selected from the regional team to play on that national team. Like everything else in sports, the higher you move up the smaller the chances of making it.

You have to ask yourself, how good is may kid really? What can they handle emotionally? Be realistic on what you can and want out of the experience. We did it for a couple of years and went on some fun trips and had some good memories. In the end, I would recommend it to people as long as they understand their kid more than likely is not going to make the Olympic team.
                This is a very accurate description. ODP gets really good if you kid makes Regional and beyond. Ours did and it was one of her best youth soccer experiences - especially traveling internationally with ODP. Several of the girls on her Regional ODP team are still playing in the NCAA Round of 8 this week for some big name programs.

Comment

Good feedback

Comment

ODP is the only way now DA is gone go have fun and just go !

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      odp is the only way now da is gone go have fun and just go !
                      😂😂😂🙄☝️🤦*♂️

Comment

ODP is a scam

But if your kid has gotten an invite to regionals. GO GO GO

It will be a great stepping stone and a great learning experience.

Just don't expect anything real to come out of it other than the experience of going itself. I say do it.

Comment

Was going to make a little vacation out if it until they dropped that it is stay to play so now you have to stay at some over priced sh hole.

Comment

Was going to make a little vacation out if it until they dropped that it is stay to play so now you have to stay at some over priced sh hole.
                            It’s USYS not FYSA. If you don’t go, they’ll be happy to give your kids spot to someone that appreciates the opportunity and who is happy to stay with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              it’s usys not fysa. If you don’t go, they’ll be happy to give your kids spot to someone that appreciates the opportunity and who is happy to stay with the team.
                              😂😂😂😂😂👌😭

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X